Likelihood to Recommend
It is actually well suited in most sales scenarios, perfect for the one I am operating under, which is a budding and upcoming eCommerce platform like industry buying where new SKU's across various categories and subcategories and various pricing and discounts keep on being added to the system and quoting and finding details becomes a difficult task, there in Salesforce CPQ becomes a game-changer.
Feature Rating Comparison
Purchase history and open contracts
Guided selling/Sales portal
CPQ reporting & analytics
Attachments to quotes
- Salesforce CPQ easily maps to standard and custom fields within the opportunity in SFDC, allowing you to avoid time spent duplicating effort or copying and pasting deal criteria.
- Salesforce CPQ connects directly to pre-determined price book, making it very easy to provide a proposal based on standard cost and/or add discounts to standard cost and reflect those reductions on the order form as appropriate.
- Salesforce CPQ provides the ability for administrators to configure workflows for approval based on certain discount %'s on the standard cost, offering a quick and easy way to route automatically through the organization for approval.
- More complex product and configuration rules seem overly complex. If any math is required in a rule, even simple quantity rules can very complicated.
- Quote templates while easy to customize are very simple in their layout. We'd like to be able to have more dynamic and visually appealing quote templates.
- Guided selling is lacking in very basic ways. You can't create questions with dependencies for "if this, then that" or an intuitive questionnaire or guided selling wizard.
Analyst in OtherBiotechnology Company, 1001-5000 employees
Likelihood to Renew
Salesforce CPQ 9.1
Based on 1 answer
The company is very easy to work with and is growing by leaps and bounds. We do not anticipate switching vendors anytime in the near future
Salesforce CPQ 8.6
Based on 3 answers
After the initial set up, end users who are not the most tech savy are generally finding it easy to navigate
Salesforce CPQ 7.6
Based on 11 answers
We feel the implementation went rather smooth as we were already up to speed on Salesforce.com, and it shortened the time to launch, in my opinion. Since we went with an out-of-the-box version, there was less customizing needed to make with work in our environment and software that the salesmen use.
It is a strong offering if your a Salesforce customer. We previously used Panda Doc and the integration with Saleforce was just not robust enough as we've expanded. Panda Doc allowed for much more customization and control of templates. However, the pricing rules, discounting logic, and guided selling were all much more important to our overall process as we've grown.
Project Manager in Information TechnologyEducation Management Company, 51-200 employees
Return on Investment
- The use of Steelbrick has created significant positive productivity for Mitsubish Electric sales. An online price book and quote input function, along with the ability to clone a quote to efficiently start a new quote has improved sales process and inventory planning. This elevated our sales teams from monthly spreadsheet submissions to real time opportunity and inventory planning.
- Use of SteelBrick also improved customer service. When a customer places an order today, the sales order processing team has ready access to approved proposals and pricing, instead of looking for the appropriate spreadsheet file containing a customer proposal.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
Salesforce CPQ Editions & Modules
- Per User per Month