Likelihood to Recommend
I highly recommend Twitter Ads for users looking to establish a strong online presence on the platform and the digital sphere.While a little on the expensive side, the payoff, in the long run, is quite remarkable especially that Twitter Ads will show your content to all the followers gained (while other platforms such as Facebook and Instagram, use algorithms that might place your daily content lower or won't even show them to your fans)..
Director in MarketingMarketing and Advertising Company, 1001-5000 employees
- Twitter Ads, just like every form of internet ads, enable us to target users based on their geographical location. This has been very vital for occasions when we are trying to raise awareness about new products specifically tailored for customers and clients from a particular location.
- Twitter Ads is significantly more cost effective than traditional adverts we run on mainstream TV stations and newspapers, especially since most of our campaigns majorly target the younger generation. Of this group, we are aware that the younger generation in South Africa spend more time on the internet than they ever do sitting behind their TV set or even reading newspapers.
- Twitter Ads makes it possible to engage live with Twitter users as they view our ad campaigns. This allows us to clarify information , respond to questions and even qualify leads while our campaign is running. This obviously is not possible with traditional mediums of advertisement.
- Limitation of characters to only 140.
- While the targeting of Twitter is relevant most of the time, it is not always right and there are some ads that are completely unrelated to the search terms entered.
- Not as many users as Facebook.
Engineer in Information TechnologyInternet Company, 11-50 employees
Likelihood to Renew
Twitter Ads 6.0
Based on 1 answer
Twitter ads are not the best way for people to promote things because they do not pop out enough on people's feeds.
Director in MarketingEnvironmental Services Company, 11-50 employees
Twitter Ads 6.0
Based on 1 answer
The tool is ok to use, and ads are becoming more skippable on Twitter, so we are unsure as a company if it's still a good channel for direct response messaging. It does not perform as efficiently as other social platforms for lower funnel marketing. It does well for awareness campaigns that are set and forget, but optimizing for DR is not as efficient when you are trying to manage the ads on the client side.
Program Manager in MarketingHospitality Company, 10,001+ employees
Facebook Ads, Adwords, Snapchat, LinkedIn, Instagram, Youtube all have ad channels you can use to advertise your product. Some are even tied together. Twitter occupies a part of the market which can be difficult to get right. Mostly, we select other channels for better targeting, cheaper leads, and a better fit for the campaigns we were trying to run. However, there are scenarios in which using Twitter Ads can get you big wins.
Return on Investment
- One Positive Impact has been that having ads running has increased the number of followers we have on Twitter.
- Another positive impact is that due to having more followers, we now have more visits to our site.
- A mixed impact would be that positively, since we have Adwords implemented as well, we can track back the source of our website traffic to being from a social source like Twitter. The negative of it is that Twitter ads does not have the tracking capability and we still need Google Adwords to do so.
Manager in MarketingInformation Technology and Services Company, 11-50 employees
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?