We use TargetProcess across our entire organization. We currently use it for requirements and bug tracking but are starting to expand into marketing requirements and the help desk. We will soon be tying it into a CRM and will use it for our entire product life cycle. More than anything we were looking for a tool that does almost everything and this fits the bill.
- Basic flexibility out of the box is a big advantage for a small company without resources to customize, as is needed for some of the larger competitors.
- The support is second to none. They've even written custom TP queries to get me what I want.
- They have managed to cover all the basics of product development in one product, in particular, the inclusion of customer support (although limited) is a big selling point for a small company.
- I don't like the view concept versus just doing search queries to see what you want.
- The basic test process stuff is there, but they are missing things like re-use of steps and iteration tracking.
- The lack of adding and customizing entities is probably the biggest miss, but I understand this is in the works.
I've customized large ALM solutions before to get what TargetProcess offers out of the box. It is a great tool for companies that lack resources to dedicate a person to customization, or just those that don't want to. It is not appropriate for a company that has specific needs that require customization, like tracking requirements to tests in a written format as required by certain certifications, like FDA.
They are quick to respond and go out of their way to get you an answer. They will also vote for enhancement on your behalf and help create queries to get the views you need.