Datto Reviews

Adam Friedli | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 14, 2020

An Excellent Backup Solution for Smaller Businesses on a Tighter Budget

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Of the supported clients, only one uses Datto. However, they are smaller and the more commonly used solutions were out of their price range. Datto offered a great backup solution that also fit their budget. In our experience, it worked very well and kept consistent backups without any problems. We never ran into any backups problems causing backup chains being lost. It has been quite solid.
Read Adam Friedli's full review
Dale Bradford | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 19, 2019

Avoid Datto, their a sinking ship

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Datto is being used as part of our backup and disaster recovery solution. It takes image-level backups of our servers, and in the event of an issue, we can virtualize right on the appliance, export to VHDX files (others are supported as well), or virtualize in the cloud should the appliance be compromised.
Read Dale Bradford's full review
Matthew James | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 19, 2019

This is one backup solution that will do it all and more!

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We needed a whole site backup for each of our servers as the solution that we were using prior just wasn't right for us and was a bit pricey. We use it to take full and periodic backups to our database and virtual machines just in case of some disaster. So far, we've had to use it once for bare-metal restore, and it was flawless.
Read Matthew James's full review
Mike Hernandez | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 05, 2019

Datto -- Backup Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity, simply amazing

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Datto is an onsite appliance that provides complete failover should something happen to a server. I have lost files I use on my workstation that is saved on the server, and within minutes was able to have the corrupted files pushed back to the server from the Datto. Depending on the size of Datto a client goes with, they can provide coverage for a single server or a server with multiple VM and other workstations, if so desired.
Read Mike Hernandez's full review
January 11, 2020

Datto Review from an MSP Perspective

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We resell Datto for backup and disaster recovery services to our customers. They are our main vendor for backups. We also use it internally to protect our own server. It addresses issues of both simple file recovery as well as full disaster recovery scenarios.
November 21, 2019

Datto is good for small business

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I've used Datto to backup the entire enterprise, all servers and data, and sync it to the cloud. IT are the only ones with access, but it affects everyone in every department essentially, since they all have data on the servers or require the servers to remain up and functional. With Datto, I know I can always spin up a VM right on the box in case of a failure, or in worst case scenarios, run them from the cloud.

Datto - Good, but not all dat

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We utilize an onsite Datto appliance for local backups of our physical and virtual server infrastructure with offsite transport to Datto's cloud for disaster recovery.
August 26, 2019

Simple and reliable backup solution

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Datto is in our organization to backup Windows (Server 2012 and 2016) and Linux servers. It is the primary backup system we use. Datto SIRIS device is used together with the Datto client as well as an older ShadowSnap agent. Datto provides both file and bare-metal restore capabilities as well as off-site replication. Most of our backup needs are filled by Datto.
July 26, 2019

A Complete Backup Service for All

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We provide Datto as a service to our customers, specifically companies in the Hospitality market. We send our customers the Datto devices, and we implement it and manage the backups to make sure that everything is working properly, and that our customers' data is up to date and secure. We value Datto especially for its business continuity functionalities that allow our customers to be covered and resolve any issues they might have in a timely manner when having a disaster scenario.
Justin Weller | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 31, 2019

Datto Suite of Products

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I am a 100% Datto shop. I use their PSA, RMM and the BCDR solutions that they have across the board. For a single entity freelancer, their suite of products just can't be beat. The products are the easiest to setup and maintain that I have seen in my experience, and their support is top notch. The single sign-on solution for all of their products makes it extremely easy for me to automate my business. Bottom line, this company not only SAVES me time and money, but their marketing solution to help you drip market on either social media or through email is phenomenal and actually MAKES you money. As a product, they do a great job but do an even better job for their partners. As a channel only company, their number one focus from day one was to help me grow my business using their products. I can't say enough good things about their products or ethics.
Read Justin Weller's full review
Alex Farling | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 19, 2018

Hassle Free backup that actually comes with good support!

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

My company resells Datto to some of our clients. We rolled it out less than a year ago alongside one of their competitors and have found that Datto consistently outperforms the competition. We get fewer issues on the Datto clients, and the issues are often resolved by support before we even notify them that we missed a backup.
Read Alex Farling's full review
Jason Rojas | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 29, 2019

Datto RMM great for the Small in-house IT team

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I am an in-house IT manager and a team of one. Thankfully the majority of my infrastructure is in the cloud but like I said: a team of one. Datto is my RMM and my source of information on my computer hardware. This solution is in the cloud and allows me to manage my computers from anywhere.
Read Jason Rojas's full review
January 11, 2019

Datto and your peace of mind

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We currently use Datto as a backup and Disaster Recovery solution for many of our clients. Datto allows for backup on premise and to their datacenters allowing you to quickly recover from data loss or a disaster that may impact your business. In an age of crypto malware, Datto allows for peace of mind when protecting your data.
Stana Steen | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 29, 2018

Datto Worry Free Business Continuity at its best!

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We are using the Datto Siris and Datto NAS in our office and we sell all the Datto line to our clients. Datto is our Business Continuity Solution. The biggest reason we have stayed with Datto is because it just works. We have had to run off of a server virtualized on our Datto Siris for more than a month due to parts issues with one of our servers and the Datto performed just as if it was the server and continued to perform backups hourly.
Read Stana Steen's full review
Derek Schroeder | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 27, 2017

Datto - Puts The Mind at Ease

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I have implemented Datto appliances at numerous clients and they are one of the leading BDR appliances on the market. The killer feature of the Datto appliance is the ability to quickly spin up a downed server on the Datto hardware. This minimizes downtime while repairing the failed server.
Read Derek Schroeder's full review
Matthew Fex | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 29, 2017

If only I could backup myself with Datto as well

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Our Datto device is used to backup all IT servers. This includes our onsite Exchange server, MSSQL server and file server. It covers a variety of physical and virtualized servers. The Datto covers our backup and disaster recovery requirements and gives us far more capabilities than our previous solution while also being far easier to use.
Read Matthew Fex's full review
Franz Josef Bautista | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 15, 2017

Great backup software comes at a great price!

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I have been using datto SASS for email backup for about 100 users. This is across 3 domains. I have been using this solution for about one year and the client has been satisfied. Will definitely use with other clients.
Read Franz Josef Bautista's full review
Rob Rotundo | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 18, 2017

Datto - The Backup Solution to Use

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use Datto in house to back up our data. We have 13 servers being backed up hourly by an SP2000 device which we have had for several years. We find this image based solution the best solution when it comes to backups. Not only can we go back to restores every hour, but we can go back to the first image we created of the server. Granted, this is not an archive as some people view backups. That's a whole different ballgame, but for what it is, Datto gives us peace of mind that our data is backed up consistently and properly.
Read Rob Rotundo's full review
Michael Kerzner | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 28, 2017

Datto is the set it and forget device of Backup and Disaster Recovery.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We implement only Datto Technologies to handle all of the backup and disaster recovery needs for all of customers. We are a Managed Services Provider and find both the ease of implementation, day to day monitoring to be second to none. It takes away a lot of stress knowing that Datto has our back.
Read Michael Kerzner's full review
John Hamas | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 12, 2016

Datto in the real world.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We are currently using the Datto SIRIS to back up about 10TB of data. This includes servers, virtual servers, and NAS devices. We keep a week of backups onsite with the unit and several weeks/months offsite. The Datto interface allows us to check the status of all backups at a glance which is extremely helpful.
Read John Hamas's full review

About Datto

Datto is a provider of comprehensive backup, recovery and business continuity solutions used by thousands of managed service providers around the world. The vendor says their 200+ purpose-built cloud and family of software and hardware devices provide total data protection everywhere business data lives. Additionally, Datto says it is the only vendor that offers end-to-end recoverability and single-vendor accountability.

Datto Features

Has featureHybrid Virtualization
Has featureCloud-connected Storage
Has featureCloud-to-Cloud Backup
Has featureLocal & Cloud Virtualization

Datto Competitors

• Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No

Datto sells 100% through the channel. Specifically, Datto partners with managed service providers (MSPs). The MSPs then sell direct to small and mid-sized businesses, worldwide.

Datto Support Options