Datto Reviews

Do you work for this company?

Mike Hernandez profile photo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Datto is an onsite appliance that provides complete failover should something happen to a server. I have lost files I use on my workstation that is saved on the server, and within minutes was able to have the corrupted files pushed back to the server from the Datto. Depending on the size of Datto a client goes with, they can provide coverage for a single server or a server with multiple VM and other workstations, if so desired.
Read Mike Hernandez's full review

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Datto is in our organization to backup Windows (Server 2012 and 2016) and Linux servers. It is the primary backup system we use. Datto SIRIS device is used together with the Datto client as well as an older ShadowSnap agent. Datto provides both file and bare-metal restore capabilities as well as off-site replication. Most of our backup needs are filled by Datto.

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We provide Datto as a service to our customers, specifically companies in the Hospitality market. We send our customers the Datto devices, and we implement it and manage the backups to make sure that everything is working properly, and that our customers' data is up to date and secure. We value Datto especially for its business continuity functionalities that allow our customers to be covered and resolve any issues they might have in a timely manner when having a disaster scenario.
Justin Weller profile photo
January 31, 2019

Datto Suite of Products

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I am a 100% Datto shop. I use their PSA, RMM and the BCDR solutions that they have across the board. For a single entity freelancer, their suite of products just can't be beat. The products are the easiest to setup and maintain that I have seen in my experience, and their support is top notch. The single sign-on solution for all of their products makes it extremely easy for me to automate my business. Bottom line, this company not only SAVES me time and money, but their marketing solution to help you drip market on either social media or through email is phenomenal and actually MAKES you money. As a product, they do a great job but do an even better job for their partners. As a channel only company, their number one focus from day one was to help me grow my business using their products. I can't say enough good things about their products or ethics.
Read Justin Weller's full review
Jason Rojas profile photo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I am an in-house IT manager and a team of one. Thankfully the majority of my infrastructure is in the cloud but like I said: a team of one. Datto is my RMM and my source of information on my computer hardware. This solution is in the cloud and allows me to manage my computers from anywhere.
Read Jason Rojas's full review

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We currently use Datto as a backup and Disaster Recovery solution for many of our clients. Datto allows for backup on premise and to their datacenters allowing you to quickly recover from data loss or a disaster that may impact your business. In an age of crypto malware, Datto allows for peace of mind when protecting your data.
Alex Farling profile photo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

My company resells Datto to some of our clients. We rolled it out less than a year ago alongside one of their competitors and have found that Datto consistently outperforms the competition. We get fewer issues on the Datto clients, and the issues are often resolved by support before we even notify them that we missed a backup.
Read Alex Farling's full review

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

My organization resells, implements and supports all Datto solutions as part of a managed service or professional services agreement. We have found the most success in small to mid-sized companies with small IT departments, and even smaller IT budgets. The Datto appliance is a great BCDR appliance that has the ability to quickly spin-up a downed server on the Datto appliance or in various cloud environments.
Stana Steen profile photo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We are using the Datto Siris and Datto NAS in our office and we sell all the Datto line to our clients. Datto is our Business Continuity Solution. The biggest reason we have stayed with Datto is because it just works. We have had to run off of a server virtualized on our Datto Siris for more than a month due to parts issues with one of our servers and the Datto performed just as if it was the server and continued to perform backups hourly.
Read Stana Steen's full review
Derek Schroeder profile photo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I have implemented Datto appliances at numerous clients and they are one of the leading BDR appliances on the market. The killer feature of the Datto appliance is the ability to quickly spin up a downed server on the Datto hardware. This minimizes downtime while repairing the failed server.
Read Derek Schroeder's full review
December 22, 2017

Datto Backup Review

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We are a reseller of Datto. Datto is used for backup and true disaster recovery. Backups and restores are very easy/quick and the appliances check backup integrity nightly (including spinning up of VMs on the appliance itself and sending an email of completion). Cloud management of this product in a multi-tenant environment is straightforward and time saving for our engineers.
Matthew Fex profile photo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

Our Datto device is used to backup all IT servers. This includes our onsite Exchange server, MSSQL server and file server. It covers a variety of physical and virtualized servers. The Datto covers our backup and disaster recovery requirements and gives us far more capabilities than our previous solution while also being far easier to use.
Read Matthew Fex's full review
Franz Josef Bautista profile photo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

I have been using datto SASS for email backup for about 100 users. This is across 3 domains. I have been using this solution for about one year and the client has been satisfied. Will definitely use with other clients.
Read Franz Josef Bautista's full review
Rob Rotundo profile photo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We use Datto in house to back up our data. We have 13 servers being backed up hourly by an SP2000 device which we have had for several years. We find this image based solution the best solution when it comes to backups. Not only can we go back to restores every hour, but we can go back to the first image we created of the server. Granted, this is not an archive as some people view backups. That's a whole different ballgame, but for what it is, Datto gives us peace of mind that our data is backed up consistently and properly.
Read Rob Rotundo's full review
Michael Kerzner profile photo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We implement only Datto Technologies to handle all of the backup and disaster recovery needs for all of customers. We are a Managed Services Provider and find both the ease of implementation, day to day monitoring to be second to none. It takes away a lot of stress knowing that Datto has our back.
Read Michael Kerzner's full review
John Hamas profile photo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We are currently using the Datto SIRIS to back up about 10TB of data. This includes servers, virtual servers, and NAS devices. We keep a week of backups onsite with the unit and several weeks/months offsite. The Datto interface allows us to check the status of all backups at a glance which is extremely helpful.
Read John Hamas's full review
Kevin Belonzi profile photo

Use Cases and Deployment Scope

We actually sold Datto to clients that utilized our services and also worked to implement it within those clients' organizations. I had only little experience with it during my time at the company. It did provide good recovery solutions for these clients and operated with good functionality
Read Kevin Belonzi's full review

About Datto

Datto is a provider of comprehensive backup, recovery and business continuity solutions used by thousands of managed service providers around the world. The vendor says their 200+ purpose-built cloud and family of software and hardware devices provide total data protection everywhere business data lives. Additionally, Datto says it is the only vendor that offers end-to-end recoverability and single-vendor accountability.

Datto Features

Has featureHybrid Virtualization
Has featureCloud-connected Storage
Has featureCloud-to-Cloud Backup
Has featureLocal & Cloud Virtualization

Datto Competitors

Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No

Datto sells 100% through the channel. Specifically, Datto partners with managed service providers (MSPs). The MSPs then sell direct to small and mid-sized businesses, worldwide.

Datto Support Options