Kofax Power PDF

Kofax Power PDF

TRUE
TRUE
Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance)

Great for Entire Team

We use Kofax throughout our company multiple times a day. It's super easy to use, whether just for opening a PDF or saving documents as …

PDF Super Hero

We use it for sending all forms of documents to clients as well as converting PDF files to Word.

A Very Good New PDF Product

I use Kofax for my law practice and my law teaching. I use it to flatten and file documents with the Federal and state court systems and I …

Power PDF Standard

Power PDF Standard for Mac

Power PDF Advanced

per perpetual license

For the latest information on pricing, visithttp://www.kofax.com/products/power…

What is Kofax Power PDF?

Kofax Power PDF is a presented as an easy-to-use, powerful, low cost, and secure solution to manage PDFs for businesses and individuals. Buy once, own forever - no subscription fees.

The vendor provides the benefits as:

• Ease of use: Works like Office desktop products, so it's easy to learn
  • Compatibility: Works across devices and platforms, share documents in a storage cloud
  • Security: Built-in features to protect information & easily compare documents to monitor tampering
  • Speed & Accuracy: Accurate & speedy when converting PDFs to/from Word, Excel, and other popular formats
  • e-Signature integration: Sign & send PDF documents for signature
  • Redact sensitive information: Automatically detect & redact words and expressions for safe, secure document sharing
  • Create interactive PDF forms with a single click: Instantly convert a flat, image-based PDF form into one that users can complete electronically
  • Collaboration: Review, markup and revise PDFs with annotations, mark-up and stamps

Power PDF Advanced, Standard and Mac are individual, buy-once-own-forever licenses for desktop or laptop. Power PDF Enterprise is available for more than 5 users, with a single admin, server installation, and other collaborative features for teams.

Kofax Power PDF Features

• Supported: Convert PDF files to other formats, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and images
  • Supported: Edit and enhance PDF documents to change text and pictures, add annotations, and apply stamps
  • Supported: Integrated with supported e-signature tools
  • Supported: Connect to Box, Evernote, Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive
  • Supported: Provides security - authorization control, industry standard AES encryption, digital signature and certificate encryption
  • Supported: Protects confidential information - automatic detection and redaction of personal information, easy comparison of documents to monitor tampering
  • Supported: Secure transition of office software documents into document management systems

Kofax Power PDF Screenshots

Easily compare PDF to another PDF, or PDF to Word.  Changes are highlighted.The PDF Convert Assistant can be used to convert multiple documents into other formats all at the same time.The PDF Create Assistant can be used to create multiple PDFs at the same time from a variety of source formats. Create individual PDFs, or combine into one PDF package.The document assembly view shows thumbnails of all pages in a document, and allows the user to re-arrange, rotate, delete and more. The text within the thumbnails can also be edited from this view.The powerful Looks Like search allows users to find characters, words, phrases and patterns within PDF documents. Results can be highlighted or marked for redaction.PDF Profiles can be created to apply commonly desired settings to new PDF documents that you create in Power PDF.Power PDF supports all variants of PDF/A and PDF versions from 1.3 to 2.0.Users may choose to change the application's color to purple, blue, light gray or dark gray.Some lightweight document automation can also be achieved with the Watched Folder and Sequence features.

Kofax Power PDF Videos

Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)15%
Enterprises (more than 500 employees)5%

Kofax Power PDF Technical Details

Deployment TypesOn-premise
Operating SystemsWindows, Mac, Citrix, Microsoft App-V and Windows Server network deployment (for Power PDF Volume License only)
Supported LanguagesEnglish, German, French, Dutch, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Finnish, Russian, Polish, Turkish, Czech, Hungarian, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean (Mac supports English, French, German, Italian, Spanish and Japanese)

Alternatives

What is Kofax Power PDF's best feature?

Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 8.6.

Who uses Kofax Power PDF?

The most common users of Kofax Power PDF are from Small Businesses and the Law Practice industry.

Loren Piel | TrustRadius Reviewer
  • Kofax OmniPage (formerly Nuance)
When I found myself back in private practice after prior in-house legal positions, Kofax Power PDF was my replacement for a much more expensive and complicated program I used at a previous in-house legal position. It is far more user friendly and meets all my needs at a very reasonable cost.
Scott Lawson | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. Kofax is easier to use, more cost-effective, and offers better features for the price. While I have to have a subscription to Acrobat for certain clients and projects, Kofax is my go-to PDF solution. I believe everyone can benefit from its simple but powerful tool sets.
It has all of the same features for a fraction of the price. I was getting tired of watching monthly subscription fees stack up and this was a one-time payment and I’m done. I’m able to edit documents quickly and get started on other things. I would recommend this to anyone looking.
Tim Deaton | TrustRadius Reviewer
Other products I've used include Adobe Reader DoPDF, FlexiPDF, Foxit Reader, Foxit Phantom, PDF-Creator, PDFsam, PDF-Xchange, (and others I've forgotten). A couple, as their names suggest, are only readers. Others are free, basic, print-to-pdf programs. A few, like FlexiPDF & Foxit Phantom, could be considered direct competitors of Kofax Power PDF. I tried them out, but felt that the then-Nuance product was better and stuck with it.
Donald Howard | TrustRadius Reviewer
None of these software packages worked as well or offered the value that Kofax Power PDF Advanced offered. Though a few may cost less, the value for what you get, time spent on the project, and the dollar investment, quickly stack the deck towards Kofax. In my opinion, Kofax is the industry leader for PDF applications.
When we were evaluating PDF programs nearly a decade ago, we compared the Adobe Acrobat program against Nuance PDF. Price was the primary differentiator. In 2020 when we were once again evaluating PDF software, we found there was an even wider price gap between Power PDF and the Adobe offering. Adobe's suite allowed more functionality, but we didn't need that functionality. We certainly didn't want the additional cost. We were able to purchase Power PDF and deploy for the whole team -- eliminating most compatibility and support issues.
When I started using PDF software, I only knew of Adobe. I quickly learned Acrobat and found my way around that software pretty well. I tried others, like PDFCreator, but I stuck with Adobe until I switched to Kofax/Nuance. It was quick, simple, and seamless. It has a similar look and feel as Adobe; it has all of the same features; for the most part, the icons and menus are very similar in appearance and location; and the software, in general, is fairly intuitive.
I would be lying if I said I would choose Adobe over Power PDF. When it comes down to pricing, Kofax has the winning mindset.
As for the features, Kofax has all we need, editing, signing, building PDF documents. The difference relies on habits and user friendliness of the tool.
Once you start using Kofax for several weeks, you start to get comfortable with the tool and forget about the competition.
I've used Adobe Acrobat, FoxitPhantom PDF, Nuance Power PDF, and MS Word to work with PDF files, and when it came time to purchase our next tool for PDF editing I reevaluated them all chose Kofax Power PDF for the ease of use, value for the cost and powerful toolset.
No comparison - this is the best bang for the buck and on top of that, I found it much easier to use. I only used a trial basis for Adobe but found that it was cumbersome. The Nuance is quick and easy to use. Plus it is a fraction of the cost.
Ting (Darren) Lee | TrustRadius Reviewer
Foxit seem to be a bit more user friendly when it comes to document editing and speed is a little faster.
However it can't match to Power PDF in its power of characters/numbers recognition when it comes to converting documents to Excel.

Acrobat - function may be evenly matched, but ongoing subscription make it less desirable.
I would rather purchase Kofax Power PDF whenever it ups its power in documentation recognition. It can make an accountant's life a lot easier.
Sarah Adams | TrustRadius Reviewer
Kofax is much simpler to use. All the tools are right in front of you. There’s no more searching for the right toolbar to get the job done. It’s all just there and ready to use. Conversions stay in the correct format making the final touch ups a breeze once the conversion is complete. Creating new PDF’s is also so simple. Just add the files and click create. Everything just works.
Adobe became cloud based and SAS and it was no longer worth it. ABBYY FineReader was not easy to use and not intuitive. In fact I abandoned ABBYY after purchasing it because it was so frustrating and bought Kofax. Kofax easily is the equal of Adobe Acrobat XI Pro.
Rick Phillips | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have not used other Kofax software. However Kofax Power PDF is far more useful than the Xerox PDF. I suggest the menu system and help functions be improved, the jewels system is virtually non existent. Again it is much too complicated. I suggest improvements in making help more intuitive.
January 04, 2022

PDF Super Hero

Mike Rounds | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have been a user of Dragon since the 1990s when I saw it demonstrated at a trade show in Los Angeles.

It was, and is, about 90% or more accurate right out of the box and as I have trained it, the accuracy continues to rise.

For example, I'm dictating all this information using Dragon.