Reviews (1-10 of 10)
- Hassle-free patch updates.
- Provides an extra layer of security.
- We can opt to work with any of the Oracle products.
- Definitely there should be some UI improvements.
- File manipulation is complex.
- Not sure if we can consider implementing the bulk copy/move across the folders in Oracle Cloud.
- UI can auto-refresh
- Clear documentation
- Support instance pool for auto scale
- Instance page needs to add a filter to only show an instance for a specific VCN.
- Instance page needs to show public and private IPs in a summary page so that user does not need to click into each of them to see the IP.
- High-end machines: they are very fast and store data very fast.
- Fast storage
- The support is terrible: for the implementation process, if there is a problem, it can take days and multiple calls to get an answer—even when you have a mission-critical issue.
- The response time to get an issue addressed is terrible.
- Oracle Cloud is easy to set up, once login access is done.
- It has all parts of the SOA app tier and DB tier we need.
- Oracle helps us in migrating from on-prem to Oracle Cloud. We are using their partner services to do this.
- There is no easy calculator for the cost. Whatever we need to add on, or when we need services, finding the costs is difficult. You always have to work with a salesperson. You can do this for competitors like AWS.
- Easy to deploy and undo changes.
- Easy to pick H/W and may OS platforms available.
- Easy to customize on top of what is available by default.
- Template-based images such as pre-configured SOA environment.
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Compute Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Compute
The vendor states Oracle’s compute and storage offers 2-5 times the I/O performance vs on-premises or AWS, with low latency and higher bandwidth. OCI is designed for apps that require consistent performance, including raw processing through CPUs or GPUs, millions of storage IOPS, high throughput, and low latency.
- Bare Metal: A bare metal compute instance gives you dedicated physical server access for highest performance and strong isolation.
- Virtual Machine: A virtual machine is an independent computing environment that runs on top of physical bare metal hardware. The virtualization makes it possible to run multiple VMs that are isolated from each other. VMs are ideal for running apps that do not require the performance and resources (CPU, memory, network bandwidth, storage) of an entire physical machine.
- An Oracle Cloud Infrastructure VM compute instance runs on the same hardware as a bare metal instance, leveraging the same cloud-optimized hardware, firmware, software stack, and networking infrastructure.
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Compute Screenshots
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Compute Downloadables
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Compute Competitors
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?No
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure is built for enterprises looking for higher performance, consistently lower costs, and easier cloud migration for their existing on-premises applications. OCI is consistently less expensive than AWS for a wide range of popular cloud workloads for several reasons: (1) in the area of networking, charges for outbound bandwidth are 74% less expensive than AWS, (2) for compute, Oracle delivers > 2X better price/performance over AWS for general purpose and memory-optimized instances. (3) for HPC workloads, AWS provides similar performance to Oracle, but is 44% more expensive and provides no local SSDs, half the RAM, no RDMS networking, and no performance SLA, and (4) for block storage, OCI offers as much as 20X the IOPS performance of AWS for less than half the cost. Check out these links to learn more: https://www.oracle.com/cloud/economics/ https://www.oracle.com/webfolder/workload-estimator/index.html
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Compute Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Compute Technical Details