Reviews (1-11 of 11)
- The creation of integrations, dashboards, and more have been used to create more accountability and transparency within our organization.
- It also helps our executive and management teams stay on the same page in regards to progress in quota attainment and more.
- Having the flexibility to create and customize our instance internally and externally is a huge win here.
- Training and access to non-admins seems very limited and hard to find.
- Resources are hard to locate at times.
- Escalation paths when problems arise are unclear to lower-level users and others receiving the finished products.
- Opens communication/Transparency
- Provides framework for development
- Connects dots between mobile and web based application
- Some features are quite difficult to use. Need additional resources to manage.
- Very pricey, as are all things Salesforce. Hard for startups/emerging companies to justify.
- Playing off the first con, support can be hard to come by from Salesforce.
- User-friendly out of the box.
- Easy to manage users and user access.
- Trailblazer is a great resource for both new users and experienced users wanting to try/add new functionality.
- Every console requires a new license.
- SF licenses are expensive.
- Trying to convert Skuid to Lightning is dangerously complex.
- Works like an app environment
- Allows us to use third-party apps alongside our custom apps
- Allows us to share our apps with other organizations that we work with
- There are limits to how the apps can be developed that require some creative thinking/workarounds
- You are still constrained with standard Salesforce features
- It can be slow to correct if you have issues with a release, as you have to wait and go through the SFDC lifecycle
- Its component based framework.
- It support for rapid application development.
- It is a very light weight application.
- Most of the features are supported in classic view but not in lightning view, so Salesforce should look into this.
- It is very user friendly so I don't think is much to improve, as Salesforce is continuously adding features and more functionality.
- Flexibility to expand Salesforce in any way that you want, specifically for your business purposes
- Lots of free and low cost items to try out.
- simple integration with all aspects of salesforce, no need to research if this App will play well with the rest of your org
- There is so much, sometimes it's hard to find what you're looking for
- Also, it's hard to know what else could help that is out there
- Sometimes it's hard to get ahold of the developers for particular apps
It is less appropriate if you have a large business issue that probably would require a custom solution.
- No coding experience required
- Salesforce "look and feel"
- Easy to deploy
- For the creation of simple apps the number of fields that can be created is limited
- No possibility to create text-free fields with unlimite characters
- Layout necessarily has to be according the Salesforce standards
It is not appropriate for very sophisticated business needs that need a tailor made solutions. Also, keep in mind that in order to use the app, you will need to acquire a Salesforce license for each user.
- Powerful Low-Code Platform with metadata
- Less expensive
- All the mobile resource integration for easy development
- Too many features on one platform
- Less flexibility in terms of UI
- Very limited with Salesforce1
Salesforce Lightning Platform (formerly Salesforce App Cloud) Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Salesforce Lightning Platform (formerly Salesforce App Cloud)
Salesforce Platform is designed for building and deploying scalable cloud applications with managed hardware provisioning and app stacks. It provides out-of-the-box tools and services to automate business processes, integrate with external apps, and provide responsive layouts and more.
With the Salesforce Platform and Heroku users can deploy, run, and manage apps written in open languages like Ruby, Java, PHP and more. Deploy code via git and Salesforce Platform automatically builds and runs the application so developers can focus on delivering engaging apps for their own users. In addition, Heroku Enterprise provides collaboration functionality, additional control features, and enterprise grade support.
With Lightning on the Salesforce Platform, developers can also quickly deliver innovative apps with an interactive UX by using reusable building blocks including maps, calendars, buttons, and number entry forms. And, with the Salesforce Lightning Design System, every developer has a how-to guide and code for building beautiful apps.
The Salesforce AppExchange is a proven ecosystem of apps, with millions of installs and thousands of customer reviews to help Salesforce users find the best match for their business. Whether developers are looking for applications to accelerate internal implementations or looking to grow their business by selling apps or components to other customers, the AppExchange can assist with that.
Salesforce Lightning Platform (formerly Salesforce App Cloud) Integrations
Salesforce Lightning Platform (formerly Salesforce App Cloud) Competitors
Salesforce Lightning Platform (formerly Salesforce App Cloud) Technical Details