RFPIO

• Searchable proposal database (16)
    9.7
  • Proposal collaboration & approval (15)
    9.6
  • Proposal content library updates (16)
    9.6
  • RFP management & response (16)
    9.5

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of RFPIO, and make your voice heard!

What is RFPIO?

RFPIO, headquartered in Beaverton, offers their proposal management and automation software, featuring easy import and export, proposal knowledgebase and answer library, evaluation intake forms, and project management tools (e.g. Gantt chart) associated to proposal tracking.

17 people want pricing too

What is Practice Ignition?

Practice Ignition is a sales proposal automation software solution offered by Practice Ignition.

What is Qwilr?

Qwilr is designed to change the way a business creates and shares documents on the web. This solution allows businesses to turn traditional documents into powerful and interactive webpages that look great on any device. The vendor says this in turn offers businesses access to analytics and other…

Proposal Creation & Organization

9.2

Proposal Collaboration & Workflow

Proposal Delivery

9.5

What is RFPIO?

RFPIO is an RFP response management solution, aiming to simplify responses to RFPs, RFIs, and Security Questionnaires. As an AI-enabled RFP software, RFPIO boasts more than 150,000 users to share knowledge, collaborate, and digitally transform their response process.

The vendor states RFPIO customers are able to:
  • Improve efficiency by an average of 40%
  • Submit more proposals (and win more deals)
  • Centralize answers in one place
  • Gain insight with built-in business analytics
  • Collaborate with unlimited team members, at no extra cost

RFPIO Competitors

RFPIO Technical Details

Loopio, RFP360, from RFPIO, and PandaDoc are common alternatives for RFPIO.

Reviewers rate Searchable proposal database highest, with a score of 9.7.

The most common users of RFPIO are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees) and the Information Technology & Services industry.

Brian Zielinski, MBA | TrustRadius Reviewer
RFPIO is used to respond to RFIs, RFPs, questionnaires, and due diligence requests. The tool supports the sales leg of our organization, both with new sales and addressing requests from current customers. RFPIO makes it easy to manage a vast library of technical question and answer pairs and greatly reduces the time it takes for subject matter experts to answer technical questions on RFPs or similar tasks.
  • Easily update your technical answer library.
  • Respond to RFPs faster.
  • Provide subject matter experts with direct ownership of and access to technical content.
  • Improve artificial intelligence to enhance the program's auto-response function.
  • Add or include a RFP procurement/issuance function.
  • Add a folding windows-style set up to the answer library for a more granular separation of content and answers.
Excellent tools for companies who regularly respond to RFPs/RFIs and who do not have any RFP-response software in place. This tool will save hundreds of person-hours each month in developing RFP responses, increase your capacity to respond to a higher volume of RFPs, and will pay for itself. Its strengths over competitive programs/software include a straightforward, user-friendly UI and free, direct access to the local RFPIO office in Portland, OR for quick, responsive customer support.
Simple, user-friendly UI (easy to adapt for all users) and excellent access to and responsiveness from customer support (when needed).
Anne-Stuart Huffman | TrustRadius Reviewer
RFPIO allows our organization to manage multiple RFPs and Security Questionnaires at one time with a lean workforce. It streamlines our content and allows us to organize by product, user type, and specific use cases from our clients. As a company with several different products, and versions of our products, RFPIO enables us to quickly find the right content for the right product, and quickly return questionnaires to the requester. Our content stays updated because RFPIO allows me to assign owners to each question and answer pair, and it automatically requests a review and updates at our specified frequency.
  • Intuitive user interface - users of any level technology-wise can use without issues.
  • Streamlined content review and update process which takes the responsibility from the RFP manager to the product owner.
  • Access content from anywhere -RFPIO has several add-on and plugin options that enable our teams to quickly grab content where they are working (Outlook, Slack, Microsoft products, Google Workspace, etc.
  • I am completely satisfied with RFPIO's features and functionality.
RFPIO is an asset for organizations of any size. It makes our lives easier and enables us to focus on winning RFPs because we know RFPIO will assist in responding, and we will have updated content when needed.
If I ever need help, my customer success manager quickly responds to help. If I have to put in a support ticket, the team is quick to review and update the ticket.
We are currently using RFPIO primarily as a content library. While I managed RFPIO initially, we've recently transitioned to using a Content Manager who oversees our library and who is working to include Process Management as part of our leveraging the tool. With encouragement our users are beginning to use RFPIO more comprehensively, and I am confident the tool will help us with efficiency and simplification as we respond to RFPs. I've been fully immersed in RFPIO processes and functionalities, collaborating with other company-users, and the tool is absolutely phenomenal!
  • functionality around content management is agile and intuitive
  • response process functions are simple to use and help with even the most complex proposals
  • customer service is extraordinary!
  • Formatting issues are sometimes problematic when downloading templates.
I have been an RFPIO user for over 4 years and continue to be impressed by its ever-evolving functionalities and ease-of-use. The team behind the product is extraordinary! They are responsive in ways that are rare these days, replying to inquiries quickly and positively. We've asked them to do some really difficult things for us, and they've come through with aplomb! I have not been disappointed once. That's amazing! The product and the team are simply the best.
The response time and attitude from the RFPIO team is extraordinary. I always feel like I am their only customer - that's how exemplary their customer service is! When we have a suggestion, it is addressed and escalated - ultimately it is resolved to meet (and exceed!) our expectations. The RFPIO team works collaboratively with us, coaching us on new features until we can use them with confidence. Webinars. User conferences. Clear and useable communication. Every method of "training up" is leveraged so that users can feel comfortable and are successful using the tool. AMAZING!
No RFP that we respond to is the same! Just like snowflakes! RFPIO has made our proposal process seamless! We are able to put out twice as many proposals in half the time that it used to take us! We love RFPIO and we love the support of their team! Our favorite tool is the resource library!
  • Resource Library.
  • Support of their Team.
  • The review step!
  • Formatting and Exporting.
  • Font Matching to Templates.
  • More Level of Admin Rights.
We use the tool in a little different way than most, and it is very convenient. I see no room for change overall!
We love the tool! We interviewed many companies that are similar to RFPIO and we obviously settled on RFPIO because they offered us just what we needed! 3 years later I still believe that we made the right choice!
We use RFPIO as our internal Bible for Q&A when filling out RFI, RFP, RFQ, Security Questionnaires, etc. It is managed by our Sales Engineering team and all of sales has access to use it, flag dated or questionable answers, etc. I really like how we've organized our questions/answers to align with a llmany of the common RFP templates we come across, cutting down the time spent significantly.
  • Organized answers with dates showing when it was last updated.
  • Easy copy button to copy the response and paste into your document.
  • Keyword phrase and search pulling from questions and answers.
  • Easy to flag and see already flagged/under review answers.
  • There are a lot of functions within RFPIO that we don't necessarily use, such as the signature piece or template piece, because they don't work with our processes or what is needed to submit.
Any organization who has to do formal responses/requests would greatly benefit from having an easily referenced source of truth. The amount of time it has shaved off of my own work on these has cut it down to 1/3 of the time.
Our entire US sales organization uses RFPIO to help us complete RFPs. It had robust search functionality to empower the users to find the right answer to standard RFP questions, curated and maintained by our internal RFP team. (It may be used internationally, as well, but I don't have that visibility).
  • Capable, accurate search functionality.
  • Ease of maintaining content (for administrators).
  • Ease of reporting content and/or making suggestions (for end users).
  • For questions that contain generalized words, the ability to pinpoint better responses with AI.
  • As an end user, I always start with the Answers tab. It would be nice for RFPIO to open on the Answers tab, because I always go there first (learn my preferences).
  • It would be nice to have guided paths the first time I open after new enhancements have been added.
For my role as an end user who searches RFPIO for RFP response content, the most critical factor of an RFP tool is the ease of search and the accuracy of results. From this lens, RFPIO is an excellent tool. It yields results for the question I'm seeking to ask more often than not. Considering that sometimes RFP questions can be written quite vaguely, I consider it impressive that RFPIO more often than not brings me accurate, relevant results on the first try.
I have no issue with RFPIO support, but I've also never had to contact RFPIO support.
Lauren Daitz, CF APMP | TrustRadius Reviewer
RFPIO is our primary response management tool for multiple divisions. We use it for both project management and content management. RFPIO allows us to respond to RFPs, RFIs, and security questionnaires, collaborate across departments, and accurately track project progress. RFPIO's content management capabilities allow us to split our content and only see things that are relevant to the division we work in, as well as manage a set of content applicable to all users.
RFPIO saves time on multiple fronts, and routinely allows additional internal and external resources to jump into a project without extensive training for collaboration and additional support.
  • Makes it easy to respond to RFPs, RFIs, etc. and security questionnaires.
  • Manage response content, check with content owners, and regularly review to ensure accuracy
  • Allows for team members to collaborate across departments, divisions, and locations - seamlessly
  • Honestly, there are very few things I would criticize RFPIO for. They are always seeking feedback and suggestions for changes and improvements, and then making them.
RFPIO is the easiest to use, most robust, flexible, and best response management software out there, period. If you have any sort of need for a reusable content library, if you answer any type of questionnaire, or even for customer service or SOWs, RFPIO will definitely help you save time and maintain your sanity in today's busy environment.
Any time that I have a problem or issue, their team is responsive, helpful, and supportive.
August 12, 2021

RFPIO User Review

Answer library and program management for RFx opportunities
  • Project Management / Dashboard
  • Answer Library
  • Document Repository
  • AI-based search results
  • Search results based primarily on key words or exact phrases
RFx responses with common questions & answers (Word & Excel).
Helpful support staff and online knowledgebase
J. Brent Donelan | TrustRadius Reviewer
RFPIO is used as a collaborative solution to allow cross department and cross-functional teams to support and contribute to the responses in an RFP. A couple of the key features I enjoy the most are the ability to search a library of answers and simply click to add the response I like to the question. If need be, you can modify the provided answer to fit your situation, but you don't have to start from scratch and write a response to each question. I also like the dashboard capabilities to show me what sections/questions I am responsible for and the amount of progress that has been made. Using RFPIO is quick and convenient and significantly reduces the amount of time it takes to compile your answers.
  • Leveraging an Answer Library that allows you to click to add to a question
  • Dashboards showing what sections/questions you are responsible for
  • consolidated final response that is pulled together for you
  • Additional expansion on the search capabilities/criteria used to find answers to your questions.
Well suited for medium to large scale RFP's that have a significant amount of questions and required information surrounding corporate standards, governance, security and the like.
Where it needs some improvement in how to handle small scale RFP's. Some time the loading of the RFP, assignments, etc is as much effort as just answering the questions.
Given my position and role in using the solution, I did not have to deal with the support side of the solution if there were functional issues or needed enhancements.
Our proposal team is using the Answer Library extensively to find answers to proposal questions. Other departments do not use it. RFPIO addresses the business problem of finding information efficiently and accurately. We have done extensive work in the Answer and Documents libraries to organize and sort the information. RFPIO customer support personnel have pitched in and provided hours of assistance as we socialized the tool.
  • Promotes easy searches
  • Stores and organizes information effectively
  • Enables RFPs to be answered efficiently if they are in an Excel format
  • Automates review cycles
  • Projects (in MS Word) are difficult to run in RFPIO
  • Graphics and text boxes are not always working correctly
  • Some of the functions are hard to locate
1. RFPIO is perfect for searching for specific information when you are responding to an RFP. Search engine is powerful. We narrow our search using several customized filters and know we are getting a thorough search.
2. Excel responses work very well in RFPIO.
3. Typical RFPs that are formatted in Word are challenging to run via RFPIO. We struggle with this.
4. We have yet to master the template.
If I cannot solve a problem, then I reach out to Support and they are ON IT. They always solve the problem and get back to me immediately with an answer. Our customer support person who is assigned to us (we have had several) are responsive and helpful. We have asked them to sit in on meetings and help socialize the tool.
We use RFPIO to respond to RFP's. It is being used primarily by the Sales Engineering team but also Compliance comes in to assist on some of the questions. RFPIO acts primarily as a question and document repository for RFP's. You load in the RFP and then can quickly align answers/documents to recurring questions that have been saved to the library.
  • Provides a quick way to get access to answers/documents on questions that are frequently asked.
  • Easy to setup authors and reviewers for an RFP.
  • Recently RFPIO added deeper grammar suggestions which is a bit distracting. Sometimes passive verbs are just a part of describing a solution.
RFPIO has sped up our cycle time for RFP submissions and led to greater consistency in our responses. Guard against answers becoming [too] boilerplate, but overall I would recommend it to any SE team.
Decent.
It is being used as an intermediary portal to help answer lengthy security questionnaires from our clients. It is being used across our entire organization in all departments, but mostly in the sales, customer success, and customer service departments. The problem it solves is answering SIG Security questionnaires mostly to ensure the security and compliance needs of our customers are being met by our products and services.
  • Intuitive
  • Friendly UI
  • Easy to learn
  • Missing introductory tutorials
  • Ability to edit sections already marked as complete
  • Required hands-on assistance from previous user to learn all features
RFPIO is well suited for lengthy questionnaires or forms that need to be completed in a timely manner. The system allows for cross collaboration amongst other individuals in your organization regardless of department or team. RFPIO would be less appropriate for short forms that need to be filled out. It would probably take more time using RFPIO to complete a short form than just doing it outside the system, unless it requires input from multiple people across the organization that cannot be resolved by another quick outlet.
Bottom line, the UI is easy to understand, even without any initial tutorials or training on the platform at first. I did obtain hands-on training from a colleague who used it before, but after only 10 minutes of going through the system, I felt I could easily navigate it and accomplish my tasks at hand.
June 21, 2021

RFPIO Great Tool

We use RFPIO for RFPs and for security assessments. Our users are sales and IT.
  • Great collaborative tool
  • Great way to access information easily
  • Easy to learn
  • Importing complicated Excel and Word can be very time consuming
  • Sometimes after exporting it takes time to clean up documents
Very good to look up information and to also input new questions and answers. As stated before it is sometimes easier to work outside of RFPIO depending on the complexity of how the project is designed. It is a great collaborative tool when we need multiple people to work on various questions in RFPs.
The support has been awesome from our sales rep to the technical support people. They are quick about getting back to us when we need them in a crunch. Also have had some great suggestions on new ideas.
RFPIO has been very useful for our Global Presales Organization because it can help centralize answers for a high number of RFP requirements coming from different types of customer mainly from Public Sector. Usually RFx processes are very critical in time and RFPIO has helped us to reduce response time for our Solutions Engineers.
  • Create predefined templates by products.
  • Answer Library.
  • Organize and follow up RFP Projects.
  • Sometimes previewing files take long time to display.
RFPIO is well suited for software companies with multiple products requires to address multiple technical capabilities with customer inquiries. RFPIO reduces dramatically response times for users that need to respond not less than 50 different requirements. RFP for Public Sector is our principal scenario where RFPIO helped to find correct answers in a timely manner.
RFPIO has great online support in the same user interface that can help you to resolve minor issues and concerns about how to use any feature.
Hope Henderson | TrustRadius Reviewer
RFPIO is currently a product that we use throughout different departments, roles and functions throughout our organization. It is leveraged most heavily by both our sales and marketing teams across the nation.

The problems that it continues to solve for us as a rapidly growing company are the consolidation of our national resources and the ability to efficiently collaborate and share information/resources with other teammates. This tool has revolutionized our entire RFP response process and given us the ability to be more strategic, efficient and effective.
  • Live collaboration - the ability for multiple experts to simultaneously work on the same RFP.
  • Artificial intelligence - the ability for the product to continually learn what the best answers are and serve them up to our teams.
  • Dynamic branding - the ability for custom brand different templates by vertical, line of business, local branding, etc. with seamless transition.
  • Content review & moderation - the ability for our national content team to bulk review, edit and share content with our teams in a methodical way.
  • Teams Integration - I wish that the Teams integration was a bit more robust.
RFPIO is suited for many scenarios. You can use it to arm your sales team with content and answers, you can use it for proposals and you can use it as a content management system. The uses of the system are truly endless! Think outside of the box because you can creatively leverage the system to serve the needs of many teams within your organization.
RFPIO's support continues to exceed expectations. The system itself has a very robust help center powered by artificial intelligence that helps guide you through the system. There is a chatbot within the tool that also helps to share user guides with the audience. Apart from the support solutions with the platform itself, their support team is very responsive with calls and emails. We have had multiple salespeople and marketers get a resolution so quickly and have fantastic responses.
Brendan Blok | TrustRadius Reviewer
RFPIO is being utilized across our sales organization for incoming RFP's. There are many departments involved, such as; Sales, Presales, Marketing, Customer Services, Business Alliances, etc...RFPIO helped us solve quality, consistency and language issues across the globe.
  • Manages structure responses well
  • Manages permissions from the various users that access the solution
  • Allows for a global deployment with built in language capabilities
  • Allows for 100% visibility into the RFx process for all stakeholders
  • Allows for ease of answering via ML that has been built in
  • Reporting and Analytics is basic, you can purchase advanced analytics though
  • It would have been nice to have a set structure in mind or a example/case study to structure our responses in the most appropriate way, but we are working through that with their stellar support team
  • Really great new features, but expensive
If you have a game plan mapped out how you want your data structured, tagged and reviewed and you have multiple stakeholders involved to do this, RFPIO is the one for you. If you can't get the right stakeholders involved to review the content, it takes some getting use to, in understanding the reviews, frequency and the flows.
RFPIO support is top notch and I really think the backbone of the company. Not only are they always readily available, they care and take suggestions seriously.
November 22, 2019

I love RFPIO!

Carah Counts | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use RFPIO to manage our RFP questionnaire responses. We have a large, geographically dispersed sales organization with centralized support. Additionally, we have several Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to assist in responses.

Initially, we import each questionnaire from excel, word, or PDF. From there, our RFP team answers each question and/or submits to a SME for further assistance. As sections are ready to be reviewed, they are assigned to the sales person for the account. Once everything is approved, it is exported from the system and formatted for submission to the prospective client.

RFPIO has reduced the time from RFP request to response significantly. It has also helped us to better engage our sales team and SMEs in the RFP process. Overall, we are extremely happy with our decision to purchase RFPIO.
  • Import/export - the configurations during import and export are invaluable. This saves us so much time during export with the amount of things we have pre-formatted. Additionally, this tool can handle export into native formats OR customized templates for Word, Excel, and PDF. This means we can export into Excel from outside tools, as well as utilize client/broker formats when needed - without minimal copy/paste (RFP friends... can I get an amen??)
  • Auto-response - once a questionnaire is uploaded, the system can auto-respond based on past responses. It gets smarter over time as more responses are in the system. We find this picks up 25-40% on the low end and 90% on the high end (especially when we are responding to the same broker or consultant who has their preferred template)
  • Keyword Field Mapping - the system allows you to map fields into your export template as well as your responses. The system auto maps these when exporting. We use this feature a lot to map salesperson info (custom fields for the stuff we want on the cover sheet/letter), client name, client nickname (the company, the client, the City, the County, etc.). This makes it easy to have customized responses without extra effort on our side.
  • Guest Question Authors - the system allows you to send single questions to guest users easily so that they can answer via a web browser on a computer or laptop without signing in. I also particularly like that I can track it as a comment which helps me go back later and find my open items.
  • Answer library creates unique records for each Q&A for each RFP. This means if you use an auto-generated answer from an exact matching RFP you end up with two records. This creates some unnecessary admin time on the back-end to merge duplicates. And during high-volume RFP seasons this work likely just isn't getting done.
  • Salesforce integrations only available for SF Enterprise users, which wasn't made clear during initial sign-up so we had to get a refund after the fact.
  • No custom roles settings which would be extremely helpful for our team, as a sales user doesn't need to see the same things as an RFP team user or a SME.
RFPIO has helped us take our RFP response process to the next level. Our first level of RFP management was a searchable Google doc, then we migrated to an online RFP response tool. After three great years, we inevitably outgrew that tool and migrated to RFPIO. It has really been a game-changer for us. I would say RFPIO is appropriate for anyone who writes or reviews RFP responses or security questionnaires.
The team at RFPIO is extremely responsive. If I email our account manager or report a bug, I usually hear back within two hours. Additionally, they are quick to make software adjustments based on customer requests and needs. We had a really complicated Excel sheet that their team ended up having to upload for me because of the amount of manual work I was doing. Based on that, they updated the software within two release cycles to make the process more automated, so that future Excel uploads would be more streamlined. I have also had several suggestions implemented rather quickly, and they don't hesitate to reach out for clarification when needed.