Viralheat was acquired by Cision in 2015 and rebranded Cision Social Edition. It was later discontinued.https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/ni/Nk/51MR9IQ0MWB6.PNGBest value tool in the space and the best tool for measuring the effectiveness of your Content Marketing.We are using Viralheat across the marketing and product management teams. Viralheat is our primary tool for the following: Aligning our social media calendar to our marketing themes and then Managing the execution of our social media and content marketing calendars.As a plus, we are monitoring brand sentiment with Viralheat as well.,Measuring sentiment is not an easy task and Viralheat provides a simple but effective way to follow the sentiment trend. Tracking competitor's activity and also sentiment around their brand. It's easy to create posts using the Viralheat widget, or directly from within the web application and then managing the calendar of posts.,Not being able to reference in the native platform (e.g. LinkedIn, Facebook) the name of companies or users referenced in a post. Not being able to embed images natively. (e.g. Image attached to a post on Viralheat shows up as a url link on the native platform). Would love to see a calendar view of the scheduled posts as well as the current list view.,It has made it much easier to understand what Content Marketing activities are driving awareness and engagement. It has also made it possible to understand which Content Marketing activities are actually moving the needle (e.g. driving brand sentiment) It has made it easier for our Marketing team to stay on-top of our Content Marketing calendar more consistently and learn from their activities.,9,4,10,7,Acquisio,10Viralheat: A Game Changing Tool For Social Media Management.Viralheat is used by the Social Media department. It helps manage multiple social media campaigns to allow better optimization along with drive better results.,Simplicity: The software is very easy to use and took very little time to start optimizing my social media campaigns. Set up time: I was up and running in no time. With social media you cannot wait days or weeks to get started. By having a quick start up process, it allowed me to get started ASAP. Reporting: The foundation of all business decisions has been a very tedious process in the past. By using Viralheat, I save time on reporting and have better reports to give more actionable insights. Data: Not only is the reporting awesome, there are many more insights you can get by using the large amount of demographic data that is in the software.,Historical Data: It would be nice if there was a way to pull in historical data. However, as I continue with the software, this becomes less of an issue. Enterprise integration: I would love to see more integration with enterprise softwares.,Better customer service in the social media space Better ROI insights on our social media campaigns Better customer service than competing products.,10,3,10,10,Hootsuite, Spreadfast, Buffer and Radian6,10Great SMM tool for lead generation.Our team used Viralheat for lead generation. We monitored key words specific to our brand, services, and competitors. Viralheat human intent technology marked potential leads which we were then able to export into our CRM system for sales follow up. This allowed us to tap into the social world for leads we might not have been aware of.,Viralheat marks potential leads based on human language. We were also able to train the tool so that it learns what we consider a lead for the future. Virahlheat integrates with CRM systems so that the marketing team could directly send social mentions into our system with important details or notes. We were able to monitor our competitors and identify users who were unhappy with their services and introduce them to ours. We were able to identify key influencers in the industry and engage with them.,It would be great for Viralheat to integrate with more companies outside of SFDC and Sugar CRM. It would be cool to have a sales tab in Viralheat to keep track of leads that have been sent over.,9,Increase lead generation through human intent analysis. Increase employee efficiency between sales, marketing and support. More visibility around the space, our target audience and our place among competitors.,Sprinklr,9My thoughts on ViralheatI use Viralheat for research and collection of data. I monitor the news and keywords that I am interested in and use this to understand the new tools currently being used in the market, to help me do my job better,Viralheat is very easy to use. As an individual user, it was a relief that I was not charged with support or training. The product was intuitive so it was no problem for me to navigate on my own. Monitoring is powerful - I like that I can monitor all the important key terms in one stream versus many columns. Sentiment analysis is really useful in helping me determine how to prioritize.,It would be nice if they still offered smaller plans for SMBs or individual users like myself. Fortunately I was grandfathered in for being a long time user.,9,Viralheat has helped me understand how real-life users react to things I build and/or test. I’ve gotten a better understanding of my space and the relevant news surrounding it. This helps me build a better product. It saves me a lot of time. I’m able to quickly monitor what’s important to me.,Hootsuite,Sprout Social,8Great tool for industy monitoring.Viralheat is used for two use cases - to manage company presence on Twitter, Facebook, G+, and YouTube as well as to monitor the space for feedback on our products. We create a technology that helps power our everyday electronic devices so it’s helpful when can identify honest feedback from customers.,Viralheat makes it easy for us to manage and monitor our social accounts. We can see what people are saying to or about our company and directly reply in without switching accounts. We are able to monitor products that are of interest to us. In our space, people aren’t talking about our company as much as they talk about our products. It’s important for us to find the conversations around our products. The analytics dashboard was really helpful during product meetings as we were able to showcase sentiment and exact conversations around the products we monitor.,It would be great if we could compare analytics versus each other in the same view. This would help us see how products stack up against each other.,9,Viralheat provided us with great consumer insight to help with our product vision and design. The analytics dashboards helped us see our standing in the bigger picture rather than just internally. It’s been easy to manage our social presence and align our messaging.,,9Easy to learn. Hard to beat.We used Viralheat for publishing event promotions on our various social channels as well as brand and event monitoring. This included posting to our various social networks multiple times a day, listening for anyone mentioning our venue, or anyone talking about their experiences at one of our events.,Social media analytics Social media monitoring Social media reporting Sentiment analysis Social media management Easy to learn and use,Content publishing calendar although i hear it is ongoing Media library integration with weibo,10,Stronger analytics More efficient Better customer service Better ROI from good leads on social,hootsuite,Sysomos Heartbeat,Crimson Hexagon ForSight,9Listen to your prospective customers using Viralheat!!We are working on building a new type of television streaming technology and wanted to see what people are saying in the market. We use Viralheat for its monitoring capabilities to locate conversations around our space and competitor products to gain insight on how they are being received. We use Viralheat to deliver the dev team with information they can use.,Viralheat has very strong monitoring capabilities. We are able to pick up conversations of interest across multiple social platforms to get a comprehensive view of the overall sentiment. Viralheat is easy-to-use and delivers data in a digestible format. The delivered analytics were presented in clear graphs, charts, and separated by platform so we could quickly dissect the data. Viralheat allowed us to monitor more than simple words or accounts. The topic profiles accommodated multiple keywords, hashtags, and even direct phrases that we were interested in tracking.,I’d like to be able to customize the analytics and reports a little more. All the information is there, but it would be nice to pick and choose the data we see in one particular dashboard or report.,9,Gave us information into the markets and products we were interested in tracking. We were able to use this insight in our own product blue prints. The research and marketing teams were able to gather data to give our development team. The data was easy to understand so it made meetings between the teams more productive. The changes we made based on some of the collected insight did well with our pilot users - this helped us decide what features to keep or toss.,Sprinklr,Radian6,10Great All-In-One Social Media Management Tool!I'm a singer in an R&B group called Legaci and we use Viralheat to help manage our group’s presence. Social media is important to Legaci because we are independent artists. In fact, social media has been a major part of our marketing for a decade, dating back to MySpace days. Many of our fans today found us on YouTube, MySpace, Facebook, etc. As more networks become popular, it’s important for Legaci to keep our presence up across the different channels because that’s where we interact with our fans. It also gives our fans a chance to reach out to us with comments, requests, gigs, etc. We use Viralheat to do everything from account management, publishing, engagement, monitoring, and analytics. It’s also super helpful when we have interns to help with our album promotions because they’re not required to have our passwords and we can always monitor and approve content before it goes out.,Viralheat is really easy-to-use. We had all of our accounts connected and began interacting with fans and promoting content within an hour of signing up. We’re all busy with our careers so spending a lot of time to learn a new product would have been a deal breaker for us. Viralheat allows us to do all of our social media in one place. In the past we were all using different tools to do different things. One of the guys used HootSuite, another used TweetDeck. Viralheat allows us to keep track of what everyone is doing. The ability to assign specific roles and permissions is critical for us. Because social is such an integral part of our marketing, it’s important that our brand is represented appropriately. With team and seat permissions we are able to set the right permissions pending the team member.,There’s not much to add here. Our feedback in the past was quickly addressed and implemented into one of the upcoming releases. For example, we needed total impact for Instagram monitoring and they were able to accommodate our request.,10,Increased efficiency - each group member was able to post mentions on behalf of the group that was acceptable to all Increased teamwork - our interns were were able to get onto the system easily so they could start to promote where and when necessary Identified loyal fans who we then engaged with to help with promotions, etc. Developed closer relationships with what we call “super fans” (longtime and recent) which helped grow our audience and increase our visibility Increased ROI - word of the album spread quickly leading to more purchases and gigs,Hootsuite,10Robust social media management system with great usability and notably strong social media listening capabilitiesWe first piloted ViralHeat while testing a variety of social media management options, starting with our immediate marketing department within our division -- and were impressed with the social media listening, enterprise app integration (SalesForce, Marketo etc) and overall usability...so we adopted it for our pilot launch of a new product line.,Social media listening (searching social media for keywords, conversations, topics). Best in class. Usability Integrates well with other enterprise applications Great support and rapid iteration/turnaround of new features,None come to mind...keep up the great work,10,Better understanding of social media conversations and activity around key topics, prospective customers, competition, vernacular It was instrumental in our exceeding our pilot launch goals by revealing customer opportunities within social media conversations...more effective than email marketing Increased efficiency due to good usability,,10Viralheat is the most efficient scheduling platform for you!!We used Viralheat mainly to schedule our posts ahead of time so come the day of the post, we have more time to community manage all social media platforms. It was being used by social media marketing associates to schedule out content. The best thing about Viralheat is that you can schedule your posts efficiently. You have the option of choosing several platforms (i.e. FB & Twitter) rather than scheduling each one at a time. Moreover, I like that it had pictures loaded already. On other platforms like Sprout Social and Hootsuite, you need to click a camera icon to see which photo you scheduled out with the post. I found that to be pretty inefficient and tedious.,My favorite thing about Viralheat is how user friendly it is. From scheduling to reviewing what you have scheduled, all buttons are easy to find. They don't try to trick you into doing something you did not intend to do. I also love how Viralheat gives you the option of scheduling out posts to the same client but on different platforms. For example if your client was Best Buy you can schedule out their post on FB, TW, and G+ all at the same time so you don't need to separate it into 3 posts.,Some trouble that we ran into with Viralheat was with the daylight savings time change. All the posts that we previously scheduled out before the daylight savings ended up coming out late an hour. I thought Viralheat should have fixed this on their end and should have reached out to their clients about the time change and to tell us if we needed to change anything on our end. I also want to see Pinterest and Instagram soon on Viralheat. I know this component is not entirely up to Viralheat, but seeing that Pinterest and Instagram are a big part of the social media game, I think scheduling out posts for both these platforms would benefit alot of community managers.,8,The best thing about Viralheat is that it increases employee efficiency by 100%.,Sprout Social,HootSuite Enterprise,8Viralheat helps capture Dragons.Viralheat has grown into an excellent all-in-one tool for social media management. We use it predominantly for reputation management and monitoring purposes - looking for brand mentions and relevant topics so we can measure the impact of our marketing and communication efforts and make connections where appropriate. We currently use HootSuite for social publishing, since this functionality was not originally available in Viralheat - although multi-channel publishing is now part of the Viralheat platform.,Viralheat works well in all aspects, although we would like to see a little more Google+ integration as this platform emerges as a real contender.,Discovering mentions from influencers that we can follow up has led to useful PR opportunities, as well as capturing "Dragon's Den" TV star Duncan Bannatyne as a patron for the charity Forces Children's Trust following favourable mentions of the charity on Twitter.,10,8Highly Recommended for Large Scale Monitoring and Analytics on Social MediaI use Viralheat for its monitoring capabilities. Part of my job is to provide KPIs to premier advertisers, product managers, execs, and marketing/sales teams. I monitor industry and brand specific keywords, trends, products, services, etc. to collect intelligence around performance - taking particular notice to any spikes in conversations, sentiment trends, etc. Viralheat provides strong analytics and allows me to bring insights back to any department I’m working with. Overall, Viralheat’s monitoring has helped us decide tactics to include, eliminate, or keep.,Viralheat’s reporting feature delivers analytics in presentation-grade spreadsheets. I include these images in reports or presentations to different teams. Monitoring is definitely a strong point. I am not limited by a conversation or mention limitation, which is especially important when tracking high-volume products or brands. We are able to quickly identify trends and act accordingly. The user experience is a pleasant one. Viralheat offers many comprehensive features but the layout of the product is simple and intuitive. I’m able to access any feature without having to click around into multiple places.,It would be great if I could customize the reports to include the data I want to see. Currently, reports are delivered with a standard analytics included.,9,Viralheat has provided our teams with better insight into our initiatives. We are able to quickly identify the impact something has on our audience my measuring reactions. A lot of time is saved using Viralheat. I don’t have to spend hours sifting through data manually. Customer service and product quality has improved. We are able to identify any issues that come through social and immediately address them or put them in queue for fixing.,uberVU via HootSuite,HootSuite Enterprise,Brandwatch,Sprinklr,9,Yes,9,Yes,I was on a crunch deadline and I wanted a specific custom analysis of the data that was not in the product. I requested the team to send me the data for my analysis and I was surprised by their turn around and helping me out in a very short period of time.,Setup of the account. Getting up and running was a breeze, I did not have to go to a training or attend a class Setting up specific streams of mentions for various of my topics of interest Reporting & Analytics - It is in-depth and really easy to export and do custom analysis,Customized reports,Yes, but I don't use it,10Quality Product with Possible Improvements in StoreIt is being used by the whole organization to track our social media analytics and impressions.,Tracking impressions and repostings Tracking trends Very simple interface and user experience,More improvements in user experience More tracking tools for analytics More ways to create reports,improved our ability to track our social media footprint provided us with peace of mind on our company decision making process Positively affect our investment in training new employees,7,,6,7,HootSuite Pro,7
Viralheat

Viralheat Reviews

Viralheat

Do you work for this company?

Showing 13 of 19 Viralheat ratings and reviews.

Alex Samano profile photo

Likelihood to Renew

There are no other tools out there that offer an equivalent level of functionality for the cost. We continue to monitor the space to see if we can find a tool that includes paid digital marketing analytics, but all tools that include this functionality are 3-5x the cost. Viralheat continues to be the best value.
Read Alex Samano's full review
Anand Saggi profile photo

Likelihood to Renew

Viralheat provided our team with the kind of monitoring tool we were looking for. As an added bonus, they had a member of their team brainstorm the best ways for us to set up our account to ensure we weren’t missing anything. Great customer service.
Read Anand Saggi's full review
Samantha Wong profile photo

Likelihood to Renew

I gave Viralheat an 8 because I think it's a great product for marketing managers. It's easy to use, efficient, and revolutionary coming from a social media marketing standpoint. From the analytics to the timeline of the scheduled posts, Viralheat has great things to offer. I think there are several ways Viralheat can improve, but as a new company, I think they are well on their way!
Read Samantha Wong's full review

Likelihood to Renew

It’s been a pleasure working with Viralheat. The setup process was quick and painless and the team even offered to walk me through the setup to make sure I was comfortable using the platform for my specific needs.

About Viralheat

Viralheat Competitors

Hootsuite, OutboundEngine, Radian6, Sysomos MAP, Visible Intelligence, Khoros Marketing (Formerly Spredfast + Lithium), Sprinklr Modern Engagement (formerly Social + Messaging Suite), Hootsuite Insights (formerly uberVu)

Viralheat Technical Details