Reviews (1-14 of 14)
October 31, 2014
Vivint uses Viralheat across a few different departments - marketing and communication, sales, and customer success. Social media plays such a major role in the world today that we noticed it touched multiple departments and looked for a solution that spanned the different areas. Marketing and communications uses it for brand monitoring, messaging, and content. Sales uses Viralheat's lead identification feature to locate potential new leads. And customer success uses the tool to engage with our current and potential customers.
- Lead Identification - We use this feature heavily. In our industry people are always looking to feel more protected so we've found that these leads are often hotter than others.
- Monitoring - They topic profiles allow us to monitor for specific keywords that matter to us and our business.
- Cross-functional - Many people on different teams can seamlessly use this tool to communicate with one another. This saves us a lot of time and manual work.
- It would be great if we could customize reports since different departments use the tool.
- The team & seat functionality is great, but there was just a little snag in the setup (an extra step that could be eliminated)
If social is a big part of your business in more departments than just marketing and communications (marcom), make sure to let the team know and ask how Viralheat can accommodate multiple users and departments. Viralheat was great during the evaluation process because they were willing to show us exactly what they could do for our company - they even customized accounts for us to show us the true value of signing on.
Read Jason Owen's full review
The customer success team clearly cares about how well we do. They are quick to get back to us and they always offer to jump on a screen share so we can understand and learn new features.
October 14, 2014
We are using Viralheat across the marketing and product management teams. Viralheat is our primary tool for the following:
- Aligning our social media calendar to our marketing themes and then
- Managing the execution of our social media and content marketing calendars.
- Measuring sentiment is not an easy task and Viralheat provides a simple but effective way to follow the sentiment trend.
- Tracking competitor's activity and also sentiment around their brand.
- It's easy to create posts using the Viralheat widget, or directly from within the web application and then managing the calendar of posts.
- Not being able to reference in the native platform (e.g. LinkedIn, Facebook) the name of companies or users referenced in a post.
- Not being able to embed images natively. (e.g. Image attached to a post on Viralheat shows up as a url link on the native platform).
- Would love to see a calendar view of the scheduled posts as well as the current list view.
Read Alex Samano's full review
Spend time understanding how the posts will actually work on each of the platforms you intend to use (e.g. Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter). The posts behave differently depending on which platform you are posting to. In some cases, depending on your requirements, you may need to still post natively (you can still track the links with Viralheat).
October 08, 2014
Viralheat is used by the Social Media department. It helps manage multiple social media campaigns to allow better optimization along with drive better results.
- Simplicity: The software is very easy to use and took very little time to start optimizing my social media campaigns.
- Set up time: I was up and running in no time. With social media you cannot wait days or weeks to get started. By having a quick start up process, it allowed me to get started ASAP.
- Reporting: The foundation of all business decisions has been a very tedious process in the past. By using Viralheat, I save time on reporting and have better reports to give more actionable insights.
- Data: Not only is the reporting awesome, there are many more insights you can get by using the large amount of demographic data that is in the software.
- Historical Data: It would be nice if there was a way to pull in historical data. However, as I continue with the software, this becomes less of an issue.
- Enterprise integration: I would love to see more integration with enterprise softwares.
Read Jessica Snavely's full review
The customer support is far superior than the competing products I have used in the past. This is something that is difficult to vet in the purchase cycle, but after using the competing software and Viralheat, Viralheat's customer service wins hands down. This software is easy to use and easier to set up than competing products. Also, once you are set up, the interface is intuitive, so you can get started sooner.
August 28, 2014
Our team used Viralheat for lead generation. We monitored key words specific to our brand, services, and competitors. Viralheat human intent technology marked potential leads which we were then able to export into our CRM system for sales follow up. This allowed us to tap into the social world for leads we might not have been aware of.
- Viralheat marks potential leads based on human language. We were also able to train the tool so that it learns what we consider a lead for the future.
- Virahlheat integrates with CRM systems so that the marketing team could directly send social mentions into our system with important details or notes.
- We were able to monitor our competitors and identify users who were unhappy with their services and introduce them to ours.
- We were able to identify key influencers in the industry and engage with them.
- It would be great for Viralheat to integrate with more companies outside of SFDC and Sugar CRM.
- It would be cool to have a sales tab in Viralheat to keep track of leads that have been sent over.
Read Cody A Smith's full review
Viralheat is good for businesses with specific marketing, sales and support teams, as it allows social mentions to seamlessly get sent to the proper departments without getting lost in email threads. Be sure to ask how Viralheat would work with your specific business setup. It's helpful to ask for a custom demo.
I use Viralheat for research and collection of data. I monitor the news and keywords that I am interested in and use this to understand the new tools currently being used in the market, to help me do my job better
- Viralheat is very easy to use. As an individual user, it was a relief that I was not charged with support or training. The product was intuitive so it was no problem for me to navigate on my own.
- Monitoring is powerful - I like that I can monitor all the important key terms in one stream versus many columns.
- Sentiment analysis is really useful in helping me determine how to prioritize.
- It would be nice if they still offered smaller plans for SMBs or individual users like myself. Fortunately I was grandfathered in for being a long time user.
Read Sakeena Zarin Naseem's full review
Viralheat is a great tool for larger businesses or companies with a really active social plan. It is likely out of price range for SMBs or those with smaller social efforts… unless they’re a legacy customer like me :)
August 25, 2014
Viralheat is used for two use cases - to manage company presence on Twitter, Facebook, G+, and YouTube as well as to monitor the space for feedback on our products. We create a technology that helps power our everyday electronic devices so it’s helpful when can identify honest feedback from customers.
- Viralheat makes it easy for us to manage and monitor our social accounts. We can see what people are saying to or about our company and directly reply in without switching accounts.
- We are able to monitor products that are of interest to us. In our space, people aren’t talking about our company as much as they talk about our products. It’s important for us to find the conversations around our products.
- The analytics dashboard was really helpful during product meetings as we were able to showcase sentiment and exact conversations around the products we monitor.
- It would be great if we could compare analytics versus each other in the same view. This would help us see how products stack up against each other.
Read Sharanya Divakaruni's full review
Viralheat is a good overall tool. It offers the features we need as well as extra features that are nice to have though we don’t use them regularly. If you have more than one specific need on social (ex: management + monitoring), Viralheat is great.
August 19, 2014
We used Viralheat for publishing event promotions on our various social channels as well as brand and event monitoring. This included posting to our various social networks multiple times a day, listening for anyone mentioning our venue, or anyone talking about their experiences at one of our events.
- Social media analytics
- Social media monitoring
- Social media reporting
- Sentiment analysis
- Social media management
- Easy to learn and use
- Content publishing calendar although i hear it is ongoing
- Media library
- integration with weibo
Read Kirsten Spitzer's full review
If you're looking to do more in social, past single person teams - then I would absolutely recommend Viralheat. If you aren't scaling or not trying to have a strong social monitoring/management presence then you might want to consider a smaller social management suite.
August 15, 2014
We are working on building a new type of television streaming technology and wanted to see what people are saying in the market. We use Viralheat for its monitoring capabilities to locate conversations around our space and competitor products to gain insight on how they are being received. We use Viralheat to deliver the dev team with information they can use.
- Viralheat has very strong monitoring capabilities. We are able to pick up conversations of interest across multiple social platforms to get a comprehensive view of the overall sentiment.
- Viralheat is easy-to-use and delivers data in a digestible format. The delivered analytics were presented in clear graphs, charts, and separated by platform so we could quickly dissect the data.
- Viralheat allowed us to monitor more than simple words or accounts. The topic profiles accommodated multiple keywords, hashtags, and even direct phrases that we were interested in tracking.
- I’d like to be able to customize the analytics and reports a little more. All the information is there, but it would be nice to pick and choose the data we see in one particular dashboard or report.
Read Anand Saggi's full review
Viralheat is great for monitoring - whether you’re monitoring a product, service, space, or event. We had to monitor a handful of different things and we found that it was really easy to set up these topic profiles in Viralheat and access the data. I can’t speak to the publishing/engagement portion of the tool because we didn’t use it. Make sure to ask if Viralheat covers your basic needs and then ask them to suggest other features that might help.
August 02, 2014
I'm a singer in an R&B group called Legaci and we use Viralheat to help manage our group’s presence. Social media is important to Legaci because we are independent artists. In fact, social media has been a major part of our marketing for a decade, dating back to MySpace days. Many of our fans today found us on YouTube, MySpace, Facebook, etc. As more networks become popular, it’s important for Legaci to keep our presence up across the different channels because that’s where we interact with our fans. It also gives our fans a chance to reach out to us with comments, requests, gigs, etc. We use Viralheat to do everything from account management, publishing, engagement, monitoring, and analytics. It’s also super helpful when we have interns to help with our album promotions because they’re not required to have our passwords and we can always monitor and approve content before it goes out.
- Viralheat is really easy-to-use. We had all of our accounts connected and began interacting with fans and promoting content within an hour of signing up. We’re all busy with our careers so spending a lot of time to learn a new product would have been a deal breaker for us.
- Viralheat allows us to do all of our social media in one place. In the past we were all using different tools to do different things. One of the guys used Hootsuite, another used TweetDeck. Viralheat allows us to keep track of what everyone is doing.
- The ability to assign specific roles and permissions is critical for us. Because social is such an integral part of our marketing, it’s important that our brand is represented appropriately. With team and seat permissions we are able to set the right permissions pending the team member.
- There’s not much to add here. Our feedback in the past was quickly addressed and implemented into one of the upcoming releases. For example, we needed total impact for Instagram monitoring and they were able to accommodate our request.
Read Delfin Lazaro's full review
Viralheat offers a lot of features that cover the majority of social media’s bases. If your brand or company is just starting in their social presence or isn’t fully ready to incorporate social into their plan, then it’s likely premature to consider Viralheat. I can see how smaller companies or those with less focus on social would want to consider a brand with more simple functionalities.
July 26, 2014
We first piloted ViralHeat while testing a variety of social media management options, starting with our immediate marketing department within our division -- and were impressed with the social media listening, enterprise app integration (SalesForce, Marketo etc) and overall usability...so we adopted it for our pilot launch of a new product line.
- Social media listening (searching social media for keywords, conversations, topics). Best in class.
- Integrates well with other enterprise applications
- Great support and rapid iteration/turnaround of new features
- None come to mind...keep up the great work
Read Paul Sebastien's full review
We found it to be great for small teams while being comprehensive and scalable enough to extend all the way up to enterprise scale.
June 30, 2014
Score 8 out of 10
We used Viralheat mainly to schedule our posts ahead of time so come the day of the post, we have more time to community manage all social media platforms. It was being used by social media marketing associates to schedule out content. The best thing about Viralheat is that you can schedule your posts efficiently. You have the option of choosing several platforms (i.e. FB & Twitter) rather than scheduling each one at a time. Moreover, I like that it had pictures loaded already. On other platforms like Sprout Social and Hootsuite, you need to click a camera icon to see which photo you scheduled out with the post. I found that to be pretty inefficient and tedious.
- My favorite thing about Viralheat is how user friendly it is. From scheduling to reviewing what you have scheduled, all buttons are easy to find. They don't try to trick you into doing something you did not intend to do.
- I also love how Viralheat gives you the option of scheduling out posts to the same client but on different platforms. For example if your client was Best Buy you can schedule out their post on FB, TW, and G+ all at the same time so you don't need to separate it into 3 posts.
- Some trouble that we ran into with Viralheat was with the daylight savings time change. All the posts that we previously scheduled out before the daylight savings ended up coming out late an hour. I thought Viralheat should have fixed this on their end and should have reached out to their clients about the time change and to tell us if we needed to change anything on our end.
- I also want to see Pinterest and Instagram soon on Viralheat. I know this component is not entirely up to Viralheat, but seeing that Pinterest and Instagram are a big part of the social media game, I think scheduling out posts for both these platforms would benefit alot of community managers.
Read Samantha Wong's full review
Viralheat should definitely be used for any community manager or social media managers. It provides analytics and a user friendly home page for all editors which is great to help those who are in training.
August 29, 2013
Score 8 out of 10
Read Jeremy Webb's full review
- Viralheat has grown into an excellent all-in-one tool for social media management.
- We use it predominantly for reputation management and monitoring purposes - looking for brand mentions and relevant topics so we can measure the impact of our marketing and communication efforts and make connections where appropriate. We currently use HootSuite for social publishing, since this functionality was not originally available in Viralheat - although multi-channel publishing is now part of the Viralheat platform.
- Viralheat works well in all aspects, although we would like to see a little more Google+ integration as this platform emerges as a real contender.
September 05, 2014
I use Viralheat for its monitoring capabilities. Part of my job is to provide KPIs to premier advertisers, product managers, execs, and marketing/sales teams. I monitor industry and brand specific keywords, trends, products, services, etc. to collect intelligence around performance - taking particular notice to any spikes in conversations, sentiment trends, etc. Viralheat provides strong analytics and allows me to bring insights back to any department I’m working with. Overall, Viralheat’s monitoring has helped us decide tactics to include, eliminate, or keep.
- Viralheat’s reporting feature delivers analytics in presentation-grade spreadsheets. I include these images in reports or presentations to different teams.
- Monitoring is definitely a strong point. I am not limited by a conversation or mention limitation, which is especially important when tracking high-volume products or brands. We are able to quickly identify trends and act accordingly.
- The user experience is a pleasant one. Viralheat offers many comprehensive features but the layout of the product is simple and intuitive. I’m able to access any feature without having to click around into multiple places.
- It would be great if I could customize the reports to include the data I want to see. Currently, reports are delivered with a standard analytics included.
Viralheat is great for those who have to report back with hard numbers or proof backing a specific campaign or initiative. If this is important to you, make sure you ask to see examples for the monitoring and reporting features. Also, the amount of monitoring you do will impact your quote, so have that information in mind.
Read this authenticated review
Support is very responsive and most of my queries are resolved in less than 2 hours.
October 22, 2014
Score 7 out of 10
It is being used by the whole organization to track our social media analytics and impressions.
Read this authenticated review
It is best suited for a company with at least some form of social media output. It's best to build up an online presence before purchasing this software.
Viralheat (Discontinued) Scorecard Summary
What is Viralheat (Discontinued)?
Viralheat was acquired by Cision in 2015 and rebranded Cision Social Edition. It was later discontinued.
Categories: Social Media Management
Viralheat (Discontinued) Competitors
Viralheat (Discontinued) Technical Details