WORKetc Reviews

Regan Barrett | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 22, 2017

WORK etc is the best thing around

Pros and Cons

• Technical support with issues that arise for us - we have had a few glitches with the software as to how we want to use it and the WORK etc team have been on the ball with helping us and getting back to us with a resolution to the issue.
  • Setup and configuration - we needed a CRM that was built for us and WORK etc was able to deliver for us.
  • Super easy to work with and get to grips with.
  • Our staff have had no problems with getting up to speed
  • More personal customization - making each users profile/dashboard unique, EG colors
Read Regan Barrett's full review
Keith Klein | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 20, 2017

WORK[etc] - a great four-letter word ending in k[etc]

Pros and Cons

• Self-created custom fields and custom tags make it easy to categorize clients by services delivered. Custom tags also allow you to build Smart Lists to easily show progress on jobs being done across all clients that match the 'tag category' you're working on.
  • The program syncs with Google Apps effortlessly, and nearly transparently. Particularly useful for Google Mail and Google Calendars, our most-used Google Apps. I understand it does the same for Microsoft Outlook users.
  • Self-created Project Templates ensure *all* nuances of every project are addressed. Why re-invent the wheel? Project Templates are enhanced regularly and easily. Project Templates include simple, succinct 'To-Dos.' For more background and where applicable, the To-Dos include a link to a corresponding Knowledge Base (KB) article detailing our SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures), including the "why" behind them. Knowledge Base articles can be private (staff only, by permission), public, or semi-private (e.g., staff and clients, or a particular client only).
  • A little thing I'd like to see (haven't suggested it to WORK[etc] yet) is a bit more granularity in assigning new support tickets. It's very easy to assign one, or dozens. of new support tickets to a category and/or individual without having to open the tickets. I'd like to see that be a bit more granular, being able to assign a priority, deadline and/or client to each ticket without having to open the ticket. For all I know, that can be done now...as powerful as this program is, and as much as we customize it and use it daily, I believe we're only harnessing 2 or 3% of its capabilities.
Read Keith Klein's full review
Melissa Bailey | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 05, 2017

The perfect CRM for connecting a disconnected workforce with their clients

Pros and Cons

• The project management functionality is done extremely well. They have a high level of integration with other platforms (e.g. Google Drive) that allows our company to seamlessly connect everything we do for a client from inception throughout contract term.
  • Support ticket functionality easily allows for ticket tracking, monitoring and assigning to specific customer service associates who are in charge of accounts. It has also created a detailed support history that we can use during our annual business reviews to showcase ROI of our online support.
  • The system also has the ability for pretty sophisticated tagging and, once you master this feature, you can pull very targeted user lists to assist with upselling and marketing campaigns as needed.
  • They have an integration with Gmail to connect emails to specific projects within WORK[etc], however, you cannot filter by customer. So you have to know exactly what the project name is for this functionality to be useful.
  • When any new email address is sensed in the system, it automatically creates a new contact for that email. This can be quite annoying when you have people CC'd on emails that don't need to be there. We have to periodic cleanup work to control the amount of "dead" contacts.
Read Melissa Bailey's full review
Ross Hendy | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 05, 2017

Great Product

Pros and Cons

• Group email management and business-wide communication. All of our B2B and some B2C communications are managed through Work[Etc].
  • Gmail widget works EXTREMELY perfectly for connecting emails sent to personal email accounts with the CRM.
  • Customer service is fantastic and responsive.
  • Product development is a little slow.
  • GUI is clunky.
  • Poor support for multi-currency purchases and sales.
Read Ross Hendy's full review
Randy Bryan | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 18, 2017

WORK[etc] - Streamline your Cloud Based Tools

Pros and Cons

• Support Tickets - the Support Tickets module is highly customizable and you can make it fit exactly to your needs. Every customer request goes into a ticket.
  • CRM - the CRM is highly customizable and you can make it fit exactly to your needs.
  • Invoicing - This is an awesome feature because we can bill directly from time spent and expenses of a job. Reminders are automatic also.
  • Third party Integration - WORK[etc] is awesome but it REALLY needs third party integration with ZAPIER. There are some hardcoded integrations but it really needs the flexibility of Zapier.
Read Randy Bryan's full review
Jaymes Baker | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 20, 2017

Amazing and Respected CRM

Pros and Cons

• Mobile app is great, very responsive, I have yet to have it crash on me.
  • Timesheets are an amazing organizational tool.
  • The customer portal allows us to support a private market without giving away trade secrets online.
  • Some aspects of the mobile app feel crowded.
  • The timesheets will randomly jump ahead 24 hrs sometimes.
  • The customer portal is slow to add knowledgeable articles, you have to do it one by one.
Read Jaymes Baker's full review
Branden Maynes | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 28, 2016

WORK[etc] is a one-stop shop!

Pros and Cons

• It does timesheets quite well. Filter by day, week, or month. View totals for everything or just totals for a specific project.
  • CRM is another big plus for WORK[etc]. Search by any field and find all the matches. Add people to companies (or to specific locations of a company). View phone numbers, emails, etc. All just a quick search away.
  • Project management is very useful for us. All the graphs and charts you'll need to visualise your progress. View costings and see what tasks are still outstanding.
  • Being able to lock down timesheets would be helpful (i.e. after a month, you can't go back and edit so the boss can officially use your numbers for submitting invoices).
  • Some improved efficiency would be nice. While everything always loads, it feels like there can be a bit of a delay sometimes.
Read Branden Maynes's full review
Joe Gilbert | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 11, 2015

The importance of philosophy and your company's management.

Pros and Cons

• The Dashboard is a great feature that allows you plenty of space to organize work queue, support cases. They leave this area open to move windows around, resize, and organize to your liking. As a result, this provides a quick look at the features important to your needs.
  • Work[etc] allows for an indirect way to sync its calendar. This is very important to keep all employees on the same page for a quick look at meetings, out of office vacations, etc.
  • Timesheets allow us to keep a log of our time on CRM support cases, development projects, and any other time oriented activities we need to log. This really helps our management team assess how projects can improve as well as provide proper estimates of the time it will take to complete tasks.
  • These all seem like very basic features in the scope of things. Keep in mind these are what I use on a daily basis and can comment about proficiently. The software really offers so much more.
  • The one thing Work[etc] needs to improve on is speed. We live in an instant world and when I click on something, I expect it to go there right away. The slowness is a matter of milliseconds though, just more of a OCD thing when surfing the net that I have. The good thing about Work[etc] is they are always working on improving their product. Although I say this now, they already have features to speed up their system. Their continues support gives me confidence any concerns I may have will be resolved in the near future, and that is more important to me than a few milliseconds.
Read Joe Gilbert's full review
Deanna Perkins | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 03, 2015

WORKetc - Bringing all our moving pieces together from client communication to project management

Pros and Cons

• They are continually updating and improving their product. They listen to the feedback that their users give and start working to implement them.
  • WORKetc is very fast at responding to any type of questions that you might have. Even if someone doesn't have the answer, they get back to you right away and let you know that they are working to find you a solution/answer. Such amazing customer service!
  • Their product is great at helping us organize all areas of our company. For sales, we are able to pull lists for various leads and contacts quickly and accurately. We are also able to see all of our leads, where they are at in the sales process, if they are high risk and also keep them updated with their features of "last contacted" and "follow up" dates. For our project managers they are able to create a project for each of our engagements and communities that keeps them on track, creates the proper todo's and they are available to be duplicated so we don't have to start from scratch for each engagement or community.
  • I'd like to see them change the look for the project overall. Right now it's basically white and grey which makes it feel out dated and not as crisp (even though they are updated and forward thinking).
  • Their Smart List section is very helpful to pull lists based on certain criteria. It would be nice if we could select multiple criteria in certain sections so that the list can be even more lazer focused then we can get it right now. Sometimes we want to be very specific with the lists that we see, but we can't get there just yet.
Read Deanna Perkins's full review
Michael Hill | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 19, 2015

WORKetc simply works!

Pros and Cons

• One Word...Efficiency! Everything I need to know is just a click away if I don't already have it on my screen.
  • Easy to use and understand.
  • Web-based allows me to access it anywhere I am, including my mobile devices.
  • The knowledge base and blog functionality in WORK[etc] allows us to easily create the documentation and get new and important news out to our clients.
  • The Projects module is functional - but it's not quite there yet. The biggest things is being able to recognize that weekends and holidays are not necessarily working days.
Read Michael Hill's full review
William Mullane | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 09, 2015

WORKetc - More than CRM

Pros and Cons

• WORKetc integration with Google Apps and ability to attach anything to anything is of tremendous value to our consultants.
  • Support - WORKetc support people are accessible, knowledgeable and helpful.
  • The integrated nature of WORKetc gives us the ability to manage our business end to end.
  • WORKetc is committed to continuous improvement and is always unveiling new features and improvements.
  • I am hesitant to sync contacts between Gapps and WORKetc. I played with it a bit and found it confusing. I can see what the intent is but think the feature could be a bit more intuitive.
Read William Mullane's full review
Donna Grindle, CHPSE, CHPC | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 28, 2015

We actually do all our work, etc in WORK[etc] every day.

Pros and Cons

• Connecting all the different methods of communicating with our clients into one place is the best part of the application to us. The Google Apps integration lets us update all of our WORK[etc] details directly from our email page which saves a huge amount of time. It lets us move back and forth freely between WORK[etc] tools and our Google Apps email, documents, calendar, etc. with ease.
  • Breaking work according to what we are doing helps us group and ungroup things as needed. Since we do tech support and so much more having the ability to connect projects, support cases, to dos, documents, discussions, and more all together makes it easy to work with the relationships of all the different activity.
  • We have found the discussion tool to be vital to moving things through quickly. There are many discussions that are just FYI while others really need a decision or answer form the team members. Discussions allows us to quickly note the people we need to answer us and what is there as an FYI. It keeps all that history so our decision process become documented easily and not lost in email chains.
  • We really want to be able to control subscription billing better. We sell tech support contracts with a set number of hours in the contract. We have a work around for doing it within the invoicing system but it would be much better if we could handle it properly.
  • Reporting tools are not as flexible and capable as we really need. There are lots of things we have to dump to a spreadsheet and attempt to pull the data we need there instead of directly from the application tools. This is especially important when it comes to the financials.
  • Mobile app for iOS is a long time coming. We have seen videos for months with no product yet but if it does work like they say this would be solved. The current iOS app is completely useless to us.
Read Donna Grindle, CHPSE, CHPC's full review
John Belchamber | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 01, 2015

Building Better Businesses With WORKetc

Pros and Cons

• The CRM is excellent at keeping records of my interactions with individual contacts and companies and tracking all activities I have with them.
  • I provide a wide range of services and products and WORKetc helps me manage the inventory, pricing and invoicing of these.
  • The project management tools ensure that I keep projects on track in terms of timing and budget and allow em to give access to customers to review progress and pay invoices as well.
  • Integration with Google Apps, Dropbox and other tools mean that I can access WORKetc from anywhere and send send emails from anywhere and know they will be available in Worketc
  • Whilst there are now integrations with contact records and Social Media these are still in Beta formate and have a way to go before they are as good as many other applications. However, having seen the tools evolve over 4 years, I have confidence that they will get there.
  • I often send emails from other applications outside of WORKetc and whilst I know that any email I receive and/or send will be recorded in WORKetc, I have to mark emails in WORKLetc as read again which can be annoying sometimes.
  • I'd like to see the e-mail marketing linked to Mailchimp by API. WHilst the WORKetc email marketing tool is very usable, it doesn't have all of the features that Mailchimp offers.
Read John Belchamber's full review
Michal Brenneman | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 30, 2014

Game changer

Pros and Cons

• Time tracking - track everything to specific tasks, clients, or projects, and know exactly how much time you've spent on it. The time-tracking also allows you to budget for a similar to job, so you can quote prospects appropriately.
  • Project management - have discussions across your departments regarding projects, leave notes for Clients to see through their online portal, develop a timeline and tasks that pop up automatically during that timeline.
  • Expenses - attach receipts or invoices in the expense window and track each expense to a specific task, job, or client. This also helps tremendously when billing your clients, as well, because, if it's been entered, everything is all together under the company you're billing.
  • Better integration with Quickbooks Online. It works, but not great.
  • The widget in Gmail doesn't work on delegated inboxes. If this could be fixed, it be a life-changer in our company.
  • Cleaner menus. I feel like I have to dig through piles to get places sometimes, and it's a little annoying, but manageable.
Read Michal Brenneman's full review
Ralph Young | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 18, 2015

WORKetc - Continually Improving

Pros and Cons

• Customer management - it's simple and straightforward.
  • Updating from outlook - a sales enquiry can be quickly turned into a contact and sales lead without leaving outlook
  • Quotes - quick and simple to produce a quote for products and services
  • Project management, I don't think it's quite there yet especially on the side of resource management.
  • Speed, it can be a tad slow but this is being addressed. More of an annoyance than a huge problem.
  • Reports - while there are a number of reports having the ability to build your own or edit existing ones would be great
Read Ralph Young's full review
Ian Nicholson | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 20, 2014

WORKetc - a solid foundation for your business

Pros and Cons

• It is most useable through a full web browser on your computer. but it also has great smartphone app which is just having a major upgrade. I am currently beta testing it and it will transform my ability to keep things up to date while on the go.
  • It has a great sales leads modules which makes it really easy to see the volume and value of leads at each stage of the sales process.
  • It gives simple visibility on project progress, both percentage completion and financially.
  • The one key issue that it doesn't solve is resource utilisation. You are able to add the number of hours that each "to do" will take but you can't allocate that to an employee and then aggregate all that up to show how much capacity you are using or have left.
  • One if its great benefits is its flexibility but that is also a drawback because there are multiple ways to do the same thing. This means that to ensure consistency across all employees having your own business procedures on how to use WORKetc is vital.
  • Some of the financial processes don't fully reflect UK practice currently. For instance it doesn't deal with VAT on expenditure well. However we have been assured that this is being resolved.
Read Ian Nicholson's full review
Jonathan Hickman | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 13, 2015

WorkETC - More Than A Simple CMS

Pros and Cons

• WORKetc is an excellent customer management system that makes maintaining customer information a breeze.
  • The simple to use interface offers advantages not found in similar products I have tried.
  • The system offers detailed information, custom fields, and reporting services.
  • Tickets for support can easily be shared and sent to where needed. After each person handles the ticket, discussions allow our employees to share valuable information to each other before passing it along.
  • The system accomplishes everything I want, but it would be nice if the interface for some of the advanced features were simplified.
  • The end user knowledgebase does not have a search feature.
  • The search feature within WorkEtc makes it difficult to find previously closed tickets. It is unnecessarily complicated.
Read Jonathan Hickman's full review
James Hartley | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 18, 2014

A great product provided at a very fair cost... what's not to like?

Pros and Cons

• Centralised mail with updates to relevant employees
  • Lead management with categorisation possible via tags
  • Improved selection of items in contextual lists - but I hear that this is just about to be released in the version 5 edition...
  • Emails arriving which do not have the project tag attached are a little laborious to manually file. This could be streamlined.
Read James Hartley's full review

Customer data management / contact management (13)
Workflow management (12)
Opportunity management (10)
Integration with email client (e.g., Outlook or Gmail) (13)
Contract management (1)
Quote & order management (8)
Interaction tracking (2)
Channel / partner relationship management (1)
Case management (11)
Call center management (1)
Help desk management (12)
Lead management (10)
Email marketing (9)
Task management (13)
Billing and invoicing management (10)
Reporting (12)
Pipeline visualization (9)
Customizable reports (11)
Custom fields (13)
Custom objects (2)
API for custom integration (10)
Single sign-on capability (1)
Role-based user permissions (11)
Social data (1)
Mobile access (13)

About WORKetc

Worketc is a web-based business management platform with CRM, sales and project management, and customer support functionality. Worketc enables marketing and sales automation, including email campaigns, lead capture, and sales pipeline management, and billing and invoicing when a deal is closed. The platform also provides project management capabilities, including workflow management and automation, user permissions control, collaboration with external stakeholders, and prebuilt workflow templates. It also offers customer support functionality, including a help desk and analytics. The starter package is priced at $78/month for 2 users maximum, and rises to $200-400/month plus $49-59/user for the high-scaling packages.

WORKetc Features

Sales Force Automation Features

Has featureCustomer data management / contact management
Has featureWorkflow management
Has featureOpportunity management
Has featureIntegration with email client (e.g., Outlook or Gmail)
Has featureQuote & order management

Has featureLead management
Has featureEmail marketing

CRM Project Management Features

Has featureTask management
Has featureBilling and invoicing management
Has featureReporting

CRM Reporting & Analytics Features

Has featurePipeline visualization
Has featureCustomizable reports

Customization Features

Has featureCustom fields
Has featureAPI for custom integration

Security Features

Has featureRole-based user permissions

Platform Features

Has featureMobile access
Has featureAll-in-one online CRM with project management, marketing, sales, billing, timesheets, social media, customer support, and more.
Has featureGMail and Outlook gadgets let you turn any email into a new sales lead, update a project, or assign a new support ticket.
Has featureKeep a running record of the relationships you have with your contacts with the extensive activity history module.

WORKetc Screenshots

WORKetc Integrations

WORKetc Competitors

WORKetc Pricing

Starter Edition$78Per Month for up to 2 Users
Team$195Per month for up to 3 Users (Each extra user + $49/month)
Foundations$395Per month for up to 5 Users (Each extra user + $59/month)

WORKetc Customer Size Distribution