https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/q6/Hu/T0GU9QIXJZWO.JPEGTitle Escrow Closing Company breathes easier because ZIXWe use Zix everyday and throughout our organization. We are a Title Escrow Service and heavily communicate detailed non-public financial information with real estate buyers, sellers, agents, and lenders. We looked at countless solutions which were not able to serve our needs. Many were not very useable by customers. Most were too cumbersome for our agents to manage complex communication threads. Zix is also used by our largest clients, making even greater usability.,Great usability for outside users who may need heavy access for several weeks and almost never again. Streamlined operation for our agents, keeping communication threads organized (actually a function of our mail app - it is just that Zix actually allows this - it was a deal breaker with countless others) Of course, bullet proof and highly recognized encryption. (duh!) Lovely people at Zix supporting us!,We reported a major issue with accessing documents on a smart phone. The display hides the documents from the recipient, causing much confusion. I haven't heard any progress on improvement, and am quite surprised that this hasn't been addressed. I have never received free pizza from Zix. We always appreciate pizza.,10,Reduced customer complaints. We had to stop earlier products because we would have lost customers. No negative impact on user productivity. Tremendous peace of mind knowing that we are responsibly managing our customers critical non-public personal information. Especially nice that we have streamlined interaction with our largest clients.,We are required to comply with CFPB and many other requirements due to the sensitive information involved in real estate transactions. Our business is directly affected by lending institutions which require that we are diligent in surpassing these requirements. Zix does this effortlessly on our part.,9,,25,1,Ease of use for buyers, sellers, and real estate agents. They may use it heavily for a few weeks, and then be done. Ability to work with Macs and iOS. Allow communications to thread. Certified encryption. High availability.,Hmmmm. Nothing so earth shaking. Full integration with Apple Mail App, seems small, but it is huge for us.,Secure delivery of Abstracts of Title with controlled distribution, editing, and printing.,10,Google Drive, Apple iCloud,Yes,Zix isn't free. I held off due to cost consideration. But, I came to see the value. It took a while to realize that I needed a full time end user directly involved in the search process. Once I had them involved; it was much more efficient to recognize pitfalls which were deal breakers. The biggest issue that clear during this process was the importance of threaded conversations. I was well aware of the need to bullet proof security, rock solid reliability, and drop dead simple accessibility for end users. There were products that did pretty well in those regards. But, our agents need to be able to easily see each step of the communication thread. Often, a response would come as a simple 'no' of other ambiguity. Without maintaining a clear thread of to conversation; it was too difficult to follow, let alone understand fully the conversation. And, it would be very prone to error. This is not sustainable with transactions in the 5 and 6 figure range. And of course, our agents are dealing with many of these projects simultaneously.,Implemented in-house,Yes,Change management was minimal,really it was seamless. we had to change schedules due to personal conflicts and this was handed well.,10,Online training In-person training Self-taught,10,10,Zix is so straightforward that there really isn't any learning curve. There was only a small amount of discovery required by our agents. There is little or no intervention required to help end users (buyers, sellers, lenders, and real estate agents) It is especially helpful that each is capable of using the system on the platform of their choice.,10,We haven't had any issues outside of the regular usage. It just works.,No - we have not done any customization to the interface,No - we have not done any custom code,No need. Zix is transparent to our users. They send and receive mail using their mail app, without losing any functionality.,No,10,Yes,My sales executive was exceptional at working with me to get on board. But, it was beyond even that how she followed up after the sale. That is unusual with a product such as this. I stalled a lot in looking at Zix, because I believed that there could be a free solution to meet my needs. Nothing else worked, though. She called me agin because Zix had begun to offer a new configuration more ideally suited to our needs, and I bought in.,The actual system is transparent. It works well with Macs and iOS. Conversations thread within our mail app It is even more streamlined with our biggest volume clients.,The management tools are currently disorganized; this is being addressed. End users are often unable to see their documents when using a smart phone. Being transparent might make users forget that we are even using it.,Yes,10,10,10,G-Suite Apple Mail,I would love to be able to tie into our vertical application, Streamine ASP - First American Title It would be great to be able to integrate secure delivery of Abstracts of Title.,,10,They play well with others. I really cannot imagine that there are any conditions where this platform would not completely satisfy the needs of users. (I am using the cloud based solution; there are also hardware packages that install on-site) I really believe that their team can get it working in the end environment without significant change.,10,10,Net 30.,None really, they are a great organization.,No,We have not gone through a release upgrade/,A resolution to the issue where documents are hidden on a mobile device. Consolidation of the management portals. Free pizza for users,No,NoZix Gateway and email ecryption review from a law firmIt is currently being used by paralegal and legal assistants in our office. Zix addresses security and compliance concerns by automatically filtering and securing communications being sent out of our office. With past software, users had more control over what was secured but with Zix the communications are done behind the scenes automatically.,One of the things that Zix does well is that it not only provides security to plain text it also makes sure attachments are in compliance as well Being able to add many policies and include/exclude users on the back end provides great flexibility when managing many different types of users. Some of our users require more compliance than others so the ability to create an abundance of policies has been great The integration with Exchange and Outlook for our users has been a positive experience. It took some time to create all the policies at the beginning but everything seems to be work great.,We had to create a policy to force encrypt emails that may not meet criteria of policies in place. I believe having an add in or macro that will allow users to encrypt on demand would be a good addition. Perhaps this is already an option so I could be wrong but with our environment we had to setup up a keyword that forces encryption. Many users seem to forget this keyword, causing delays. I have been told that recipients sometime struggle with accessing Zix and creating username/passwords to access our items. I believe more instruction and explanation to those receiving may eliminate these obstacles. One of the biggest annoyances I found was that Zix has multiple portals for the admin. I believe there are 3-4 portals where I need to log in separately to do different things to manage our Zix Gateway, users, policies, etc. It would seem reasonable that all these platforms could be combined into one.,9,We have only had Zix in place for a few months but it has certainly created peace of mind that we have taken steps to protect all stakeholders. Initially some of my users questioned why things were being encrypted and the whole process behind the scenes. But as they have used it, there has been an increased acceptance of the software and overall I have heard positive results. Overall, the number of users utilizing Zix has increased over the last few months. We started with a smaller sample of licenses and will be adding to the entire firm as it has been a positive to our organization. I know that having this in place will protect our firm and our clients.,Zix definitely meets our needs to be complaint from a regulatory standpoint. Our biggest need was for HIPAA compliance but have found that Zix protects in many other ways that may not fall under HIPAA guidelines. It has also been beneficial on the financial side as we are in compliance with local legal guidelines along with other financial regulatory requirements when sending information with our banks and external accounts.,7,app riverEarly review!We have set parameters by which email messages from any of our employees which contain certain keywords or phrases will activate Zix. We have a concern that our email correspondence with clients and third parties be secure.,Since we have only been using Zix for a few weeks, I have very limited experience to base comments on. Our initial experience is that it appears easy for clients to use (not necessarily true for third parties with which we deal). The fact that key words or phrases will trigger email being sent by Zix is a great feature. Zix appears to be user friendly within our staff.,Our real estate paralegal reports that lenders and other companies which have heightened security on their end are not always able to receive email that has been sent securely by our office users of Zix. When our emails are not received because of lack of compatability, we experience problems.,8,We need more time to form an adequate basis for review on this question.,The effectiveness appears to be a factor of the quality of systems in use by the recipients.,8,My Take on ZixWe currently use Zix across the entire organization. We are utilizing it to protect information being sent by and to our organization that may include PHI, PCI and HIPAA related information.,It analyzes emails that may contain data that should be encrypted and automatically encrypts that data. It allows for specific personnel to bypass Zix and send an email that should not need to be encrypted. It allows for recipients outside of our organization to respond in an encrypted format to our users.,Recipients outside of our organization have found that it is cumbersome to have to login to the zix portal to receive it. When corresponding with a recipient back and forth, we have received feedback that not all the email recipients have received the email and it is not easy to trace the email. Better logging of whether a recipient received and opened that email. Easier way to delete a sent zix email/revoke that email.,9,The positive has been that we have been able to gain peace of mind knowing that zix encrypts emails automatically and we don't have to worry about a breach. Recipients have been positive knowing that the email that we sent them was protected. Negative has been that a large amount of recipients just don't bother opening the email and logging into the portal to retrieve that email.,Zix helps us meet requirements laid out by HIPAA and state regulations for sending data that contains personal information such as an SSN. By encrypting the data, we ensure that data sent from our end gets to point B in an encrypted and secure uncorruppted state.,9,Barracuda Email Security Service, Symantec Email Security.cloud and GFI VipreZix - time saver, customer protectorThe entire organization uses Zix. Originally, we had to log into a separate portal to send secure mail. The way Zix interfaces with Outlook GREATLY increases overall productivity across the bank. Also, the policies that run behind the scenes add an extra layer of protection to keep the bank and our customers' information safe.,The implementation turn around time was impressively fast! They did a great job branding the site, which makes our customers more comfortable.,I feel like an everyday person would struggle with writing or modifying the policies for Zix. Luckily they are always there for support, but the training for that part was definitely lacking.,10,We did have some issues at first with attachment size, so our customers were very confused about the need for our two separate portals, but I have not heard any complaints since that was resolved.,Yes, as a matter of fact, we were in the middle of an IT audit during the implementation phrase of Zix. The auditor applauded us for this project and seemed relieved that she didn't have to write us up for lacking a tool such as this.,7
Windows, Linux, Mac
Zix

Zix Reviews

Zix
Filter 121 vetted Zix reviews and ratings
Mike McCloskey profile photo
October 20, 2017

Review: "Title Escrow Closing Company breathes easier because ZIX"

• Great usability for outside users who may need heavy access for several weeks and almost never again.
  • Streamlined operation for our agents, keeping communication threads organized (actually a function of our mail app - it is just that Zix actually allows this - it was a deal breaker with countless others)
  • Of course, bullet proof and highly recognized encryption. (duh!)
  • Lovely people at Zix supporting us!
  • We reported a major issue with accessing documents on a smart phone. The display hides the documents from the recipient, causing much confusion. I haven't heard any progress on improvement, and am quite surprised that this hasn't been addressed.
  • I have never received free pizza from Zix. We always appreciate pizza.
It has almost perfectly met our needs. A title company with 25 users that requires encrypted communication countless times daily. I am not sure that it would work as well for a small 2 user setup due to cost; I haven't checked that. I work with a small dental office that fits that scenario. There are many HIPAA solutions that match their use case, however.
Read Mike McCloskey's full review
Kevin Ryan, MBA profile photo
October 13, 2017

"Zix Gateway and email ecryption review from a law firm"

• One of the things that Zix does well is that it not only provides security to plain text it also makes sure attachments are in compliance as well
  • Being able to add many policies and include/exclude users on the back end provides great flexibility when managing many different types of users. Some of our users require more compliance than others so the ability to create an abundance of policies has been great
  • The integration with Exchange and Outlook for our users has been a positive experience. It took some time to create all the policies at the beginning but everything seems to be work great.
  • We had to create a policy to force encrypt emails that may not meet criteria of policies in place. I believe having an add in or macro that will allow users to encrypt on demand would be a good addition. Perhaps this is already an option so I could be wrong but with our environment we had to setup up a keyword that forces encryption. Many users seem to forget this keyword, causing delays.
  • I have been told that recipients sometime struggle with accessing Zix and creating username/passwords to access our items. I believe more instruction and explanation to those receiving may eliminate these obstacles.
  • One of the biggest annoyances I found was that Zix has multiple portals for the admin. I believe there are 3-4 portals where I need to log in separately to do different things to manage our Zix Gateway, users, policies, etc. It would seem reasonable that all these platforms could be combined into one.
Zix is well suited in an environment where personal and sensitive information is used and shared electronically. One of the big reasons I choose Zix was that Zix works on its own without much requirements from the users. So if an attorney in our office decides to send an email with a Social security number or other personal data, Zix will encrypt the email for the attorney. This protects the firm, the client, and all parties involved. In a world where personal information is stolen daily, it is vital to have something that protects humans from themselves.
Read Kevin Ryan, MBA's full review
Peggy Saunders profile photo
November 20, 2017

Zix: "Early review!"

• Since we have only been using Zix for a few weeks, I have very limited experience to base comments on. Our initial experience is that it appears easy for clients to use (not necessarily true for third parties with which we deal).
  • The fact that key words or phrases will trigger email being sent by Zix is a great feature.
  • Zix appears to be user friendly within our staff.
  • Our real estate paralegal reports that lenders and other companies which have heightened security on their end are not always able to receive email that has been sent securely by our office users of Zix.
  • When our emails are not received because of lack of compatability, we experience problems.
Excellent for sending correspondence to clients in normal settings. [Concerned] that correspondence is not being received by lenders and other parties who have their own secure systems in place which may limit receipt of emails from our office.
Read Peggy Saunders's full review
Joel Segal profile photo
November 17, 2017

User Review: "My Take on Zix"

• It analyzes emails that may contain data that should be encrypted and automatically encrypts that data.
  • It allows for specific personnel to bypass Zix and send an email that should not need to be encrypted.
  • It allows for recipients outside of our organization to respond in an encrypted format to our users.
  • Recipients outside of our organization have found that it is cumbersome to have to login to the zix portal to receive it.
  • When corresponding with a recipient back and forth, we have received feedback that not all the email recipients have received the email and it is not easy to trace the email.
  • Better logging of whether a recipient received and opened that email.
  • Easier way to delete a sent zix email/revoke that email.
It is great to use Zix when we send listings or reports to some of our locals. We also use it heavily when we correspond with our software vendor.

It is less appropriate when Zix incorrectly identifies an email as containing materials and auto encrypts that email.
Read Joel Segal's full review
Lindsey Payne profile photo
November 16, 2017

User Review: "Zix - time saver, customer protector"

• The implementation turn around time was impressively fast!
  • They did a great job branding the site, which makes our customers more comfortable.
  • I feel like an everyday person would struggle with writing or modifying the policies for Zix. Luckily they are always there for support, but the training for that part was definitely lacking.
I feel like Zix is absolutely perfect for those in the financial industry. I would guess that at least half of our outbound emails have sensitive information that needs to be encrypted. Why not minimize the risk of data leaks?
Read Lindsey Payne's full review
Allison Dechant profile photo
November 08, 2017

User Review: "Zix Email Encryption"

With the growing rate of cyber-crime and identity theft, we recognize the importance of protecting the storage and transmission of client data now more than ever. We are committed to actively ensuring the privacy and security of our clients and the sensitive data that they entrust us with. For this reason, we decided to implement Zix’s Email Encryption Service across all departments to protect the contents of our outbound emails containing personally identifiable information, such as account numbers, social security numbers, banking and financial information, and more.
  • Customers find it easy to read and reply to emails that are received securely.
  • We were able to establish a Subject Line "key word" that allows employees to easy send secure messages via their mobile devices.
  • A large number of the insurance carriers we partner with use Zix as well, making our secure correspondence even easier.
  • Our implementation specialist was extremely helpful, and made the process a lot easier than expected.
  • The pricing options when it comes to number of users were a little limited, especially for a small business.
Secure email encryption is a must in today's day and age. Introducing it to clients can be a little bumpy, but if you can effectively explain that the email encryption will help to ensure that their personal information is protected it makes it easier. Zix assists with this by providing pre-scripted templates that can be used to educate clients and employees about the new process.
Read Allison Dechant's full review
Lance Soller profile photo
October 23, 2017

Zix Review: "Done and dusted!"

We are dealing with a healthcare company that requires HIPAA compliance and this was the easier way to effect that across email. We are able to effect protection of all the areas covered by the regulator with minimal interference by us and ease of use for the users and recipients of the encrypted emails
  • Protection of personal information gets restricted when sent out by mistake
  • Credit card fraud is defended by no details leaking out
  • Ease of use and integration into Outlook
  • Not all third party email clients are supported
  • Encrypted replied remain in the system and do not sync back to the end user
  • Recipients of the emails might be confused around replying
HIPAA compliance is excellent but not in terms of archiving and retention of emails
Read Lance Soller's full review
Dan Brown profile photo
October 20, 2017

Zix Review: "Secure email service great for businesses"

We trust Zix to handle secure routing of sensitive information, specifically Personally Identifiable Information (PII) that should not be transmitted insecurely. Zix is used to automatically detect the recipient mail server that all of our employees send to, automatically securing and encrypting PII when necessary to reduce the human error factor, and keep our organizations safe and compliant.
  • Zix shows a banner on secure emails to help users trust the transmission.
  • Zix gives us flexibility with an Outlook addin for additional options.
  • Receiving and logging in to Zix can be intimidating for recipients not on secure email systems, but it is a one time setup.
  • Expensive
Zix is an excellent solution for law firms that need to ensure compliance and security to the highest degree. In North Carolina the NC Bar Association has approved and recommended Zix to be a trustworthy source and leader to provide excellent and unmatched security and protection of personally identifiable information.
Read Dan Brown's full review
Phil Troyer profile photo
October 20, 2017

User Review: "Zix after 3 Months"

Zix is used across our whole organization and other organizations that we service with our email server. We have multiple policy based rules that encrypt email that should be be emailed encrypted in the event that they send something and forget to use the encryption button. We have two portals for our organizations.
  • Tests contents of emails and attachments for social security numbers and the like. It does not check the content of pictures or scanned PDFs
  • It is easy to use.
  • Large customer base particularly in our industry means a lot of people do not have to use the portal
  • It gives my customers a way to send us private information in an encrypted mannor
  • I figure that after we have used it for a while we will find some administrative things that we do not like but the user experience is very polished.
The policy based encryption could be a crutch that lulls people into a false sense of security. Users ultimately have to be aware of what they are sending and who they are sending it too.
Read Phil Troyer's full review
Patrick Schaefer profile photo
October 12, 2017

User Review: "Zix keeping us safe!"

Our office starting use Zix Encrypt and have now added a Zix add-on that protects against email threats in all departments. The encrypt product works so well we don't even know it is being used. In the past we used Symantec Cloud (used to be Message Labs) but have made the switch to Zix and have not regretted it at all. Threat protection is a huge risk and almost half of our emails coming in to our domain either contain viruses or are listed as Spam.
  • The hospital we work with also uses Zix and being able to email back and forth with encryption without having to login to a separate portal saves time.
  • The amount of emails that Zix protects from threatening viruses is saving us time.
  • Zix Support is wonderful and their deployment teams work really hard to get you up and running really fast.
  • There online portal is a bit outdated.
The little support I have needed has been great. Their sales team is not overwhelming trying to sell add on's. In fact we did not even know they had a product to protect email threats when we went live with Zix Encrypt.
Read Patrick Schaefer's full review
David Wickstrom profile photo
November 17, 2017

Review: "Raleigh Federal Center for Independent Living Zix experience"

We are using Zix to send and receive confidential information of the individuals we serve with significant disabilities.
  • Zix's sales team is very friendly and loaded with information about how their product can serve your agency.
  • Zix's deployment team is very detailed in the plan to deploy the new system.
  • Zix could improve on helping people answer the pre-deployment check sheet. For folks like me that are not as tech savvy and understand the lingo, it was very frustrating.
Zix is very suited for the healthcare industry.
Read David Wickstrom's full review
Whitney Staton profile photo
November 14, 2017

"Law firm review of Zix"

Zix has been implemented in all of our emails for encryption of personal information.
  • Automatically scans for emails that should be encrypted.
  • Rejects emails that have sensitive information in the subject line.
  • User friendliness on selecting emails to encrypt. Maybe a toggle button to encrypt outgoing emails.
We send wiring instructions daily and Zix does a great job of protecting our information.
Read Whitney Staton's full review
Brad Sarpalius profile photo
November 10, 2017

Zix Review: "Email Encryption Done Right!"

We are using Zix to secure our email since we work with sensitive client data.
  • Zix catches outbound mail that was unencrypted and should have been encrypted.
  • Zix provides an easy process for our clients to retrieve encrypted mail.
  • Zix has robust tracking portals that allow us to monitor users.
  • My only wish list item would be for Zix to combine their portals into one.
Zix is well suited for organizations that need to be HIPA compliant. Zix is probably not needed if sensitive data is not found within ones industry.
Read Brad Sarpalius's full review
Phillip Rea, SPSM profile photo
November 09, 2017

Zix Review: "A little overkill for a small business, but does the job."

Zix is being utilized across our whole organization. It has greatly helped with our previous spam and ransom ware issue.
  • Helps with Spam block
  • Helps encrypt important emails
  • It can improve on the amount of work it takes to implement the software.
Zix is a little overkill for our company, but we know we are in good hands.
Read Phillip Rea, SPSM's full review
Terrence Pleasants profile photo
October 20, 2017

User Review: "Zix-got to love it!"

Zix is being used by a department in our organization. My department is the only one in the organization that specifically provide direct services in which requires us to safeguard against protected health information. We also coordinate care with other agencies and using this allows us to communicate with others agencies securely. Problems that this addresses include, communication, safety, client care, time, availability related to the client and other resources.
  • Zix allows you to simply communicate with others securely without difficulty. Keyword provides a easy way to encrypt your messages without having to go through a long process.
  • They are available to troubleshoot problems. They are great at communicating and being available if needed regarding the product.
  • They provided continued services to ensure the product is working well. Frequent emails from tech support and customer services regarding feedback.
  • Clarity on product setup. I had difficulty with starting the package due to email not being compatible initially to the package.
  • Several people to talk with regarding set up. It was somewhat confusing as to who the contact was to set up package.
  • Difficulty to understand the set-features and understanding how to change features within the package.
Zix is appropriate in any setting that requires protected health information. So any exchange of personal client information like names, DOB, SS number, address or anything that could potential make this person identifiable to someone else. This would be less appropriate in scenarios in which two entities are just exchanging general information that is not protected by certain standards for example a general inquire regarding products or items.
Read Terrence Pleasants's full review
Jonathan Dalia profile photo
October 17, 2017

User Review: "From ProofPoint to Zix"

It is being used by the entire organization. It addresses the issue of encrypted emails being clearly labeled and easy to access at our own branded portal.
  • Branded Portal
  • Good support
  • Ease of Integration into existing environment.
  • Ease of access to get to the user portal. I would like a branded domain to access the user and admin portal.
  • Complexity of all of the functions and features in the system. It can be overwhelming.
  • They only offer products in certain bundles, more ala carte pricing.
Zix is well suited for businesses that don't want to worry about spam and virus filtering as well as handling encryption functions for Emails. It is not well suited for companies that have more customized systems and want absolute control over their system.
Read Jonathan Dalia's full review
Phil Dixon profile photo
October 13, 2017

User Review: "Zix keeps your info out of the mix!"

Zix is used by the entire bank at 7 locations in two states. We are using it for secure email receipt and delivery and to receive documents from clients. We use the mobile application and it works without any problems at all. I have been very satisfied with the product.
  • Ease of use
  • Security
  • I have not seen anything that I felt needs improvement at this point.
It is very easy to use and provides a good solution for secure email and file transfer.
Read Phil Dixon's full review
Alicia Rau profile photo
October 12, 2017

Zix Review: "Does the work so you don't have to!"

Our organization handles HIPAA information regularly. This information sometimes needs to be sent to and from outside our organization so it was necessary to be able to encrypt any emails not being sent through our secure network.
  • Runs in the background without having to think to use it
  • It scans emails and finds words that indicate information needs to be encrypted such as driver's license or date of birth.
  • Offers a way to force encryption in case you are unsure if the email will send as encrypted and you know you are sending sensitive information
  • Also offers a way to make sure an email doesn't encrypt in case words or attachments might get "caught" by the Zix email scan
  • Alerting a user that an email that is being sent will be encrypted might be a helpful feature.
It works well at our company because we handle sensitive information for our employees and our clients.
Read Alicia Rau's full review
November 14, 2017

Zix: "Positive review with apprehension"

We are a medical laboratory and Zix is used to send patient reports to physicians used internally as a whole and recommended for use across our entire sales force. We use the platform that scans emails for PHI and encrypts based on what it finds; or you can force encryption. Although, because it automatically checks for encryption when it goes through the Zix portal, my employees are apprehensive as we do not get a confirmation in any way as to what was encrypted for not, which has significantly slowed the trust and usage of the software - employees are still going to our old provider to send the emails they know need to be encrypted.
  • As the Compliance Officer, it helps me sleep at night knowing that there is gatekeeper before that information is sent out.
  • The set up was a bit difficult and took significantly more time than originally anticipated to get started. The company implementing the level of Zix that we have that does the scanning really needs to be sure they have a tech person to do the implementation.
  • When an email is sent securely, it should show a badge of some sort, like what appears on receipient's emails with the blue banner saying it was sent securely. As the sender, it is very unnerving to just have to trust that it worked the way that you hoped it would. I know you can force encryption but that really defeats the purpose of having the enhanced platform that we have.
  • Although it is nice to have zix to zix customers be able to communicate freely (as both are encrypted) the same problem as above still arises, that there is no indication that the email was sent securely. I worry about this most when we send patient reports to our hospitals who are not familiar with our usage of Zix and may then question why we didn't send securely.
November 09, 2017

Review: "Zix is great for financial institutions!"

We use Zix across our entire organization. As a financial institution, it is imperative that we protect data on every level to prevent accidental or unauthorized exposure of non public personal information of customer data. Based on policies, we can ensure that we are encrypting sensitive data.
  • You wouldn't think you would need to do this, but Zix has a profanity filter that ensures that our staff are communicating professionally every time.
  • Zix policies can stop an employee from accidently sending a social security number or account number through email.
  • We have some members that originate the email to us through Zix so that they can send sensitive information as attachments or in the body of the email.
  • There are so many functions available, I'm not sure if the deficiencies we see are actually with Zix or our lack of knowledge. So this in itself is a weakness.
  • Zix has had a lot of issues recently with outages. They've been remedied quickly, but there have been quite a few.
Zix is used in the industry quite a bit which makes for an easy conversation between Zix users without having to go back and forth through an encrypted site to read an email that you have received. The price point for Zix is excellent as well, which I didn't expect given that it was such a well known product. I expected it to be for mega-banks and credit unions but it works quite well for our small organization and is affordable.
November 17, 2017

Review: "Zip your way to a secure email with ZIX!"

We use it for secure emails to and from our customers sending sensitive information such as account numbers and social security numbers or change of personal information.
  • I put the ZIX tutorial button and the login button on our bank's website for our customers to be able to use to contact us.
  • Customers send all the banking information to send and receive wire transfers. We used to enforce in person only.
  • I receive all the outside emails from our customers and they were not able to send sensitive information before. Now they can give me everything I need to research before I call them back!
  • I don't like that it skips a line when hitting "enter". Especially for my signature and info area.
  • I would like more fonts.
All of our customers need to send sensitive information whether it is account numbers, social security numbers or contracts. We were having to encrypt PDFs with a password prior.
November 17, 2017

User Review: "Zix protects you and your customers"

Zix is being used across the whole organization. We use Zix to send documents and emails that contain private information. We need to communicate with buyers, sellers, and lenders for property sale and refinance transactions. We send information about loans and social security numbers that need to be protected.
  • Many of the lenders we work with use Zix so we can communicate seamlessly with them - no passwords/login needed between Zix customers.
  • Most lenders can open Zix secure emails - they are not blocked.
  • Provides me with an add on to outlook so I can choose which emails need to go secure.
  • I would like to be able to tell when I look at a sent email in outlook that it was sent secure.
  • I would like to be able to easily see which secure emails have not been opened.
Zix is helpful in sending secure information.

"Zix Review"

Zix is used by about half the staff to securely send HIPAA complaint emails. There is an ability for the whole organization to use Zix but most of the staff doesn't know how to go ahead to send out a secure email. In a world where being HIPAA compliant is very important - using Zix addresses any sort of PHI concerns.
  • Easy to talk with and a great demo.
  • Easy implementation with qualified Zix employees.
  • Very easy to use once implemented.
  • There were aspects of the roll out process that weren't enclosed so implementation could have been easier if we had known in advance about some settings.
  • The process of implementation takes a couple of weeks.
Each and every employee does not need to use Zix within our organization. As the encryption process is enabled by adding a single word to an email's subject line, only those who need to encrypt are given the word. This way we can avoid any overages from user over usage. Additionally, Zix is perfect if you need to be HIPAA compliant.
November 13, 2017

"Zix Email Rating"

Zix is being used across our entire organization. It addresses the issue of employees sending customers' private information over email. This product has the ability to automatically stop that from happening.
  • Has the ability to set filters to stop emails from going out with private customer information.
  • Very easy for the customer to log in to the portal. Easy for customer to reset passwords should they get locked out with the reset button on the front page.
  • Has great branding of the portal which Zix does in total for you.
  • Training for the admin for initial setup.
  • Easier way to find instructions on how to operate with all the portals.
  • Single portal login for admin.
This product is something we have been looking into for a long time. It is impossible to totally monitor employees' emailing habits. Zix makes it possible to set the parameters that you need according to your business model, in our case customers account numbers and social security number, and should someone try and send that type of email out Zix will either automatically encrypt those emails or quarantine those emails.
November 13, 2017

User Review: "Zix Works!"

It is used across the whole organization. We want to be sure that anything being sent outside the company is encrypted, especially things that are attachments and could potentially contain PHI for patients. In the past, we had a hard time with our encryption system and users were not able to open the email that was encrypted. Users and our contacts were equally frustrated. Zix seems to work better.
  • Most contacts can register and read the email.
  • We have fewer complaints overall.
  • Many other companies use it, making it even more simple for us to use.
  • This may, or may not be, a Zix function. We have the system set up to by-pass encryption on simple emails for select users. Sometimes it will not bypass.
It is well suited for medical facilities and users because of the necessity of protecting patient PHI. In other companies, it might not be so critical. We prefer to err on the side of protecting information because of the sensitive nature of our business. Mistakes can easily be made, even with great training.

About Zix

Zix is an email encryption solution from ZixCorp. The vendor’s value proposition is that they offer industry-leading email encryption, a unique email data loss prevention (DLP) solution, and an innovative bring your own device (BYOD) email solution designed to meet a company’s data protection and compliance needs.

ZixCorp is trusted by the nation’s most influential institutions in healthcare, finance, and government for easy-to-use secure email solutions.

Zix Features

Has featureAutomatic Integration with the World's Largest Encryption Community
Has featureCustom Branding Capabilities
Has featureConvenient Mobile Experience
Has featureHosted, On-Prem, Virtual and Hybrid Deployment Options
Has featureFlexible Authentication using Two-Factor Authentication, O-AUTH and SSO
Has featureSeamless Web Integration through SSO, iFrames and API's