- Great usability for outside users who may need heavy access for several weeks and almost never again.
- Streamlined operation for our agents, keeping communication threads organized (actually a function of our mail app - it is just that Zix actually allows this - it was a deal breaker with countless others)
- Of course, bullet proof and highly recognized encryption. (duh!)
- Lovely people at Zix supporting us!
- We reported a major issue with accessing documents on a smart phone. The display hides the documents from the recipient, causing much confusion. I haven't heard any progress on improvement, and am quite surprised that this hasn't been addressed.
- I have never received free pizza from Zix. We always appreciate pizza.
- One of the things that Zix does well is that it not only provides security to plain text it also makes sure attachments are in compliance as well
- Being able to add many policies and include/exclude users on the back end provides great flexibility when managing many different types of users. Some of our users require more compliance than others so the ability to create an abundance of policies has been great
- The integration with Exchange and Outlook for our users has been a positive experience. It took some time to create all the policies at the beginning but everything seems to be work great.
- We had to create a policy to force encrypt emails that may not meet criteria of policies in place. I believe having an add in or macro that will allow users to encrypt on demand would be a good addition. Perhaps this is already an option so I could be wrong but with our environment we had to setup up a keyword that forces encryption. Many users seem to forget this keyword, causing delays.
- I have been told that recipients sometime struggle with accessing Zix and creating username/passwords to access our items. I believe more instruction and explanation to those receiving may eliminate these obstacles.
- One of the biggest annoyances I found was that Zix has multiple portals for the admin. I believe there are 3-4 portals where I need to log in separately to do different things to manage our Zix Gateway, users, policies, etc. It would seem reasonable that all these platforms could be combined into one.
- Since we have only been using Zix for a few weeks, I have very limited experience to base comments on. Our initial experience is that it appears easy for clients to use (not necessarily true for third parties with which we deal).
- The fact that key words or phrases will trigger email being sent by Zix is a great feature.
- Zix appears to be user friendly within our staff.
- Our real estate paralegal reports that lenders and other companies which have heightened security on their end are not always able to receive email that has been sent securely by our office users of Zix.
- When our emails are not received because of lack of compatability, we experience problems.
- It analyzes emails that may contain data that should be encrypted and automatically encrypts that data.
- It allows for specific personnel to bypass Zix and send an email that should not need to be encrypted.
- It allows for recipients outside of our organization to respond in an encrypted format to our users.
- Recipients outside of our organization have found that it is cumbersome to have to login to the zix portal to receive it.
- When corresponding with a recipient back and forth, we have received feedback that not all the email recipients have received the email and it is not easy to trace the email.
- Better logging of whether a recipient received and opened that email.
- Easier way to delete a sent zix email/revoke that email.
It is less appropriate when Zix incorrectly identifies an email as containing materials and auto encrypts that email.
- The implementation turn around time was impressively fast!
- They did a great job branding the site, which makes our customers more comfortable.
- I feel like an everyday person would struggle with writing or modifying the policies for Zix. Luckily they are always there for support, but the training for that part was definitely lacking.
- Customers find it easy to read and reply to emails that are received securely.
- We were able to establish a Subject Line "key word" that allows employees to easy send secure messages via their mobile devices.
- A large number of the insurance carriers we partner with use Zix as well, making our secure correspondence even easier.
- Our implementation specialist was extremely helpful, and made the process a lot easier than expected.
- The pricing options when it comes to number of users were a little limited, especially for a small business.
- Protection of personal information gets restricted when sent out by mistake
- Credit card fraud is defended by no details leaking out
- Ease of use and integration into Outlook
- Not all third party email clients are supported
- Encrypted replied remain in the system and do not sync back to the end user
- Recipients of the emails might be confused around replying
- Zix shows a banner on secure emails to help users trust the transmission.
- Zix gives us flexibility with an Outlook addin for additional options.
- Receiving and logging in to Zix can be intimidating for recipients not on secure email systems, but it is a one time setup.
- Tests contents of emails and attachments for social security numbers and the like. It does not check the content of pictures or scanned PDFs
- It is easy to use.
- Large customer base particularly in our industry means a lot of people do not have to use the portal
- It gives my customers a way to send us private information in an encrypted mannor
- I figure that after we have used it for a while we will find some administrative things that we do not like but the user experience is very polished.
- The hospital we work with also uses Zix and being able to email back and forth with encryption without having to login to a separate portal saves time.
- The amount of emails that Zix protects from threatening viruses is saving us time.
- Zix Support is wonderful and their deployment teams work really hard to get you up and running really fast.
- There online portal is a bit outdated.
- Zix's sales team is very friendly and loaded with information about how their product can serve your agency.
- Zix's deployment team is very detailed in the plan to deploy the new system.
- Zix could improve on helping people answer the pre-deployment check sheet. For folks like me that are not as tech savvy and understand the lingo, it was very frustrating.
- Automatically scans for emails that should be encrypted.
- Rejects emails that have sensitive information in the subject line.
- User friendliness on selecting emails to encrypt. Maybe a toggle button to encrypt outgoing emails.
- Zix catches outbound mail that was unencrypted and should have been encrypted.
- Zix provides an easy process for our clients to retrieve encrypted mail.
- Zix has robust tracking portals that allow us to monitor users.
- My only wish list item would be for Zix to combine their portals into one.
- Zix allows you to simply communicate with others securely without difficulty. Keyword provides a easy way to encrypt your messages without having to go through a long process.
- They are available to troubleshoot problems. They are great at communicating and being available if needed regarding the product.
- They provided continued services to ensure the product is working well. Frequent emails from tech support and customer services regarding feedback.
- Clarity on product setup. I had difficulty with starting the package due to email not being compatible initially to the package.
- Several people to talk with regarding set up. It was somewhat confusing as to who the contact was to set up package.
- Difficulty to understand the set-features and understanding how to change features within the package.
- Branded Portal
- Good support
- Ease of Integration into existing environment.
- Ease of access to get to the user portal. I would like a branded domain to access the user and admin portal.
- Complexity of all of the functions and features in the system. It can be overwhelming.
- They only offer products in certain bundles, more ala carte pricing.
- Runs in the background without having to think to use it
- It scans emails and finds words that indicate information needs to be encrypted such as driver's license or date of birth.
- Offers a way to force encryption in case you are unsure if the email will send as encrypted and you know you are sending sensitive information
- Also offers a way to make sure an email doesn't encrypt in case words or attachments might get "caught" by the Zix email scan
- Alerting a user that an email that is being sent will be encrypted might be a helpful feature.
- As the Compliance Officer, it helps me sleep at night knowing that there is gatekeeper before that information is sent out.
- The set up was a bit difficult and took significantly more time than originally anticipated to get started. The company implementing the level of Zix that we have that does the scanning really needs to be sure they have a tech person to do the implementation.
- When an email is sent securely, it should show a badge of some sort, like what appears on receipient's emails with the blue banner saying it was sent securely. As the sender, it is very unnerving to just have to trust that it worked the way that you hoped it would. I know you can force encryption but that really defeats the purpose of having the enhanced platform that we have.
- Although it is nice to have zix to zix customers be able to communicate freely (as both are encrypted) the same problem as above still arises, that there is no indication that the email was sent securely. I worry about this most when we send patient reports to our hospitals who are not familiar with our usage of Zix and may then question why we didn't send securely.
- You wouldn't think you would need to do this, but Zix has a profanity filter that ensures that our staff are communicating professionally every time.
- Zix policies can stop an employee from accidently sending a social security number or account number through email.
- We have some members that originate the email to us through Zix so that they can send sensitive information as attachments or in the body of the email.
- There are so many functions available, I'm not sure if the deficiencies we see are actually with Zix or our lack of knowledge. So this in itself is a weakness.
- Zix has had a lot of issues recently with outages. They've been remedied quickly, but there have been quite a few.
- I put the ZIX tutorial button and the login button on our bank's website for our customers to be able to use to contact us.
- Customers send all the banking information to send and receive wire transfers. We used to enforce in person only.
- I receive all the outside emails from our customers and they were not able to send sensitive information before. Now they can give me everything I need to research before I call them back!
- I don't like that it skips a line when hitting "enter". Especially for my signature and info area.
- I would like more fonts.
- Many of the lenders we work with use Zix so we can communicate seamlessly with them - no passwords/login needed between Zix customers.
- Most lenders can open Zix secure emails - they are not blocked.
- Provides me with an add on to outlook so I can choose which emails need to go secure.
- I would like to be able to tell when I look at a sent email in outlook that it was sent secure.
- I would like to be able to easily see which secure emails have not been opened.
- Easy to talk with and a great demo.
- Easy implementation with qualified Zix employees.
- Very easy to use once implemented.
- There were aspects of the roll out process that weren't enclosed so implementation could have been easier if we had known in advance about some settings.
- The process of implementation takes a couple of weeks.
- Has the ability to set filters to stop emails from going out with private customer information.
- Very easy for the customer to log in to the portal. Easy for customer to reset passwords should they get locked out with the reset button on the front page.
- Has great branding of the portal which Zix does in total for you.
- Training for the admin for initial setup.
- Easier way to find instructions on how to operate with all the portals.
- Single portal login for admin.
- Most contacts can register and read the email.
- We have fewer complaints overall.
- Many other companies use it, making it even more simple for us to use.
- This may, or may not be, a Zix function. We have the system set up to by-pass encryption on simple emails for select users. Sometimes it will not bypass.
Zix Scorecard Summary
Zix is an email encryption solution from ZixCorp. The vendor’s value proposition is that they offer industry-leading email encryption, a unique email data loss prevention (DLP) solution, and an innovative bring your own device (BYOD) email solution designed to meet a company’s data protection and compliance needs.
ZixCorp is trusted by the nation’s most influential institutions in healthcare, finance, and government for easy-to-use secure email solutions.
Zix Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Zix Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Languages:||16 Languages Supported|