Analytical and geo-spatial tool in one packagehttps://www.trustradius.com/business-intelligence-biAlteryx PlatformUnspecified8.51431012014-04-05T20:22:26.972Z
April 05, 2014
Analytical and geo-spatial tool in one package
Score 10 out of 101
Alteryx is being used within a department helping us streamline various analysis cutting the processing time significantly. It works very smoothly with various data formats giving us the opportunity to process millions of data records in a short time. Alteryx does not require programming skills like other similar applications do. Therefore, there is no need to hire programmers to write complex codes in order to get majority of your business reporting solved.
- Processing speed; capable of analyzing millions of records in a short time.
- Data connectivity; capable of connecting various databases/formats.
- Many pre-built sample modules available for your use that require little of additional time to customize them to your needs.
- The reporting capabilities do not have many options for customization. It would be great to have some additional functions for graphing, charting similar to Power Point or Excel.
- Alteryx geospatial capabilities are great, but are in some way limited. The quality of geospatial reports could have been improved; specifically the mapping part. Having more options to customize the maps and /or add some more of GIS capabilities would be very beneficial.
- Currently the user has to start Allocate (the demographic part of Alteryx) separately from the Designer part in order to create custom variables. Having an option to build custom variables within the configuration/properties window in the Allocate Append tool (Demographics) would be very helpful.
- Definitely, an increase in employee efficiency. With the right tools and hardware, Alteryx can reduce the processing time significantly.
- Automation and/or automatic report scheduling frees up a lot of time that can be used elsewhere.
- Licensing updates are somewhat not handled easily and quite often create issues with modules to run slowly and/or not being active.
Alteryx had replaced Nielsen/Claritas iXPRESS platform that lacked analytical capabilities. An introduction of Alteryx helped us to reduce the use of applications like Excel, Access, MapInfo, SAS significantly.
The performance, analytical capabilities and simplicity of Alteryx platform affects the renewal decision.