ArchiOffice from my perspectivehttps://www.trustradius.com/project-managementArchiOfficeUnspecified741012016-03-29T14:43:14.728Z
March 29, 2016
ArchiOffice from my perspective
Score 9 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with ArchiOffice
Our entire company uses ArchiOffice in various ways, some more frequently than others. As a project manager, I use it mostly to track project budget hours versus actual. It is a very effective tool to use for a single source database for project time, expenses, job specific data, and contacts. When the marketing department needs to collect data for a current RFQ they can access projects directly to find information rather than sorting through dozens of project folders, that may or may not have the same file structure, in an effort to save time.
- Single source for contacts.
- Single source for project time and expenses management.
- Single source for project specific information.
- Connectivity with technology (smartphone devices, Outlook) could be improved. An app to enter time/expense information would be very beneficial.
- Tracking Construction Administration items (RFI's, Submittals, etc.) seems to add time to the process where it becomes ineffective to use that function of the software.
- Having to constantly log in due to "timeout" becomes a little annoying but manageable.
- The dashboard could be improved to provide pop-up reminders when submittals are due soon, timesheets need to be turned in, project actual hours are nearing budget hours, etc.
- The ability to track time management in real time is a positive impact for ROI.
- The ability to provide a single source of project data and contacts for all team members access has been a positive impact that has lead to time savings.
- I wish the tasks and logs feature was a more effective tool with today's competitive technology that would save time instead of add to the required time.
I particularly like ArchiOffice for project management and time management uses (budget vs. actual hours, reports, project specific information, contacts). The items I see as less appropriate uses include appointments and the milestones feature which I do not use due to compatibility with other calendars I use to keep track of those items.