I use BQE Core to log time which we bill to clients, and log expenses, get vacation approved, log sick time. Arcchitecture is all about …
BQE Core timekeeping platform helps us address past problems of being able to accurately account for earned revenue with no extra …
We use BQE Core for project management, allocation, budgets, invoicing, receivables, vendor bills, and time management. BQE Core supports …
We use BQE Core for our time cards, client data information, expense entries, [and] budgeting. This product assists in our budget …
We're a small firm that varies in size and BQE CORE allows the flexibility to expand and contract and provide our staff the tools to …
We use BQE Core for Project Management, Time & Expense tracking, Accounting and Billing, Human Resources and as a CRM Platform. Being able …
We use BQE Core to give us more visibility into our projects, as well as time tracking, invoicing, and we are about to add accounting.
We use it for client billing as well as tracking project billing, for employee hours, for time off, and for most things in between. This …
I use BQE Core to insert the time I work on each project. This helps our business to track the time for each project and produce accurate …
I utilize BQE Core for many Accounts Payable functions. Its streamlined program makes my job so much easier. I've worked with several …
We use this program daily and it is very easy and efficient to use! BQE Core is used for environmental consulting and it is very useful to …
We use it to track billable and overhead hours. This is how we track both what we will bill to a client and then in turn, what it is that …
We use BQE Core for assigning our work hours to different client projects depending on day-to-day tasks performed. It is very easy to use …
We switched to BQE Core in my company from an older billing software product that we had used for 15 years. We only use the time/expense …
BQE CORE is not the easiest to use. It is difficult locating different projects in our database, along with adding them. However, other …
Time tracking (42)
Single sign-on capability (29)
Standard reports (32)
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of BQE Core, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
For the latest information on pricing, visithttp://www.bqe.com/products/core/pricing
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
1 person want pricing too
BQE Core is a business management solution built specifically for professional service firms. According to the vendor, BQE Core is a combination of a billing assistant, project management, and accounting solution. The vendor’s value proposition is that Core does the hard work for you, delivering the actionable insights you need directly to your dashboards or your inbox.
BQE Core replaces the products Engineeroffice, Archioffice, and BillQuick; the functionality of these applications is now found in BQE Core.
BQE Core replaces the products Engineeroffice, Archioffice, and BillQuick; the functionality of these applications is now found in BQE Core.
- Supported: Accounts payable
- Supported: Accounts receivable
- Supported: Cash management
- Supported: Expense management
- Supported: Time tracking
- Supported: Standardized Processes
- Supported: Pay calculation
- Supported: Dashboards
- Supported: Standard reports
- Supported: Custom reports
- Supported: API for custom integration
- Supported: Role-based user permissions
- Supported: Single sign-on capability
Customer Testimonial: iT Architecture
BQE Core for Architects
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||60%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||20%|
|Enterprises (more than 500 employees)||20%|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android, Mobile Web|
|Supported Countries||United States, Australia and EU|
Companies can't remove reviews or game the system. Here's why
I use BQE Core to log time which we bill to clients, and log expenses, get vacation approved, log sick time. Arcchitecture is all about billing to clients, so I like how easy it is to choose from the dropdown menus who to bill, and what category to file it under.
- Intuitive, easy, simple graphics not too overwhelming.
- I love that it saves right after you type something in.
- Offers lots of different features that are easy to use.
- I don't like how every time you refresh something, that line jumps to a different place on the screen.
- Not that much too improve, I'm pretty happy.
It is well suited for billing hours to particular clients. I like that you can bill down to the 0.25 of an hour, you can be precise which is really helpful when breaking down hours spent on a project. Might not be as necessary if you are not working on so many different projects.
BQE Core timekeeping platform helps us address past problems of being able to accurately account for earned revenue with no extra administrative cost. Being able to invoice out of our timekeeping platform has helped us address a lot of past issues and keep our aged A/R low. BQE Core's direct connect API into PowerBI is a game-changer as well. We can create customized dashboards that are key to our business operation and can provide live intel to our leadership. BQE customer service support is excellent as well, anytime we have a need or an issue, BQE is quick to address the problem.
- Accessibility to Data
- Customer Support
- Custom Requests
BQE Core is a great platform for any services company, the flexibility of the way their infrastructure is built will have an impact on your bottom line. The amount of administrative work BQE Core helps reduce is a huge benefit for any company. It is very cost competitive which is a bonus. The amount of granular detail that can be pushed into business intelligence tools is a huge benefit as well. BQE Core does have some limitations, but there always seems to be a workaround. One of the limitations we've run into is for our customers that have multiple bill rates for the same individual on the same contract, the workaround we are currently utilizing is you can manually change the classification on a "time entries" screen. Thankfully, we don't have many clients with many rates assigned to one individual.
Anytime we break something in BQE Core or we recognize something that is broken, BQE Core is a click away from being on the phone with us to address our issue. Their customer support is helpful and quick to respond.
We use BQE Core for project management, allocation, budgets, invoicing, receivables, vendor bills, and time management. BQE Core supports our entire operation and provides all of our accounting and business management data. Our entire staff uses the product to manage and account for their time, to manage and collaborate on projects, and as a support to our daily decision-making processes.
- Project management structure integrates exactly with our business process.
- Management of the end-to-end billing cycle and integration with our accounting package is very good. The ability to flex the way we present our invoices fits really well with the way we conduct our business.
- The different ways that employees can enter their time in the Time Card view or directly as a Time Entry really match the way we work and saves a lot of time and mistakes in managing the time tracking process.
- The allocation could be better, with functionality such as dependencies between project phases and being able to view multiple projects rolled up or by phase in the Gantt chart, and also a better link between allocation and budgets.
- Performance can sometimes be very slow, especially when searching or filtering.
- The ability to customize your own reports is really lacking. For example, the layout of the standard reports such as invoices is very limited and not very attractive. It is also fairly expensive to have a custom report created. We have had to get invoices, statements, and allocation data export custom reports created which I was not expecting to have to do.
BQE Core is a really great product for time management, billing, Accounts receivable, Accounts payable, vendor billing, and project management for architectural practices. It is also very strong in supporting collaboration and management reporting as well as integration with other software that you may already be using such as Quickbooks. BQE Core is lacking in the allocation and forecasting area, especially when trying to see the big picture for capacity across the company.
Usually, the support is really fast and the technicians are able to solve problems really quickly. There have been occasions however where a problem has not been able to be resolved during the call and the issue is escalated to the development team from there I have had to follow up multiple times to get a response. Several of my support calls that have reached this stage have gone unanswered which leads me to believe a better support call management system on BQE's side would help.
We use BQE Core for our time cards, client data information, expense entries, [and] budgeting. This product assists in our budget management, how we are performing by tasks and time, client information, and uploading important files related to a job or client.
- Time card
- Time card note section
- Switching between users on the time card screen
- Expense entries - easy and upload with minimal glitches
- Details of a project
- Less buttons to navigate
- Easier to see explanations on what things do & how to use them
- Logging into the site, a lot of times it is slow to populate my name and credentials
- Search for a contact within a business without knowing what business they are associated with. Search comes up as nul.
Very well [suited] at time card and time management. I appreciate the software and minimal glitches.
Seems like the secretary gets assistance when needed.
We're a small firm that varies in size and BQE CORE allows the flexibility to expand and contract and provide our staff the tools to manage their workflow, work within budgeted fees and time allocation, and track milestones and progress of project delivery. While many simply clock in, they don't monitor their progress and CORE provides a daily snapshot of time management and meeting project schedules, while I was the principal of design can do more of that…design! We came over from ArchiOffice to CORE and while we lost a bit in prepopulating transmittal, memo, and other related templates with project information for a client, consultant, and contractor coordination, it has been somewhat balanced out by no longer maintaining the server and software with the CORE being a cloud-based platform and providing a very useful mobile app.
- Tracks individual staff time and resource allocation to stay on budget.
- Provides up to the minute fee and budget tracking.
- Almost infinitely customizable with a dashboard to bring it all into a single digestible view for a holistic oversight.
- Historical project data has been invaluable for preparing fee proposals and performance for future projects.
- Simplification of structure and features (customization); sometimes it's too much of a good thing.
- The mobile app could be more closely aligned with the web platform (not all items, features are available, and not as easy to navigate and view data).
- Dashboard widgets could be more interactive. Ex: Aged Receivables should allow bringing up a summary window of past-due project billings and invoices as opposed to simply showing days aged that it already shows on the side and with matching color.
Some of the user interface has improved greatly over the predecessor ArchiOffice, but the user experience can be improved to make it more fun to use and increase the responsiveness as well as reduce the total number of mouse clicks to complete a task perhaps by using drop-downs that slide out and also providing some consistency in how things are saved from window to window or section to section.
Whenever I am overwhelmed with the plethora of links, instructions, videos, and help options, I simply call for a quick and concise answer.
We use BQE Core for Project Management, Time & Expense tracking, Accounting and Billing, Human Resources and as a CRM Platform. Being able to input information into one platform for use across many different modules saves time and energy on our administrative staff. All of the data is tracked and displayed in efficient widgets and customizable dashboards. The customized reports are very helpful as well. You can drill down all or only what you want to see. Customer service is responsive and able to sort out issues quickly.
- Ease of Use: the layout of each page makes sense and flow is easy to follow
- online: It's great that it can be accessed from any browser, and does not require a software download. Even with this accessibility it remains secure.
- Education: the webinars, videos and community posts are very helpful when onboarding or troubleshooting.
- cost: having to pay for each module for each user is expensive. Would be easier to have different license tiers that group modules.
- development can be slow: fix releases are not as often, feature requests are the only way current users can influence what goes into the new builds.
- additional filters: would be great to have more filters to drill down reports.
BQE Core is very easy to use in time tracking and expense tracking for employees. Manager can run reports to verify time for payroll, easily approve or send back to employee for updates. Billing/Invoicing is very easy as long as your Project Managers remain on top of approving the staff time entries. Billing can be automated and go out monthly with very little oversight.
We appreciate that customer support is available twenty four hours a day, seven days a week. You can call or email. They're also able to connect via fast support link, to see what is going on your end, take screen grabs, and then work with development to quickly resolve your issues. Support staff is typically friendly and knowledgeable.
We use BQE Core to give us more visibility into our projects, as well as time tracking, invoicing, and we are about to add accounting.
- Time Tracking
- The ability for the user to customize features
- It would be great to be able to view phases as part of a whole project
- Training - it can be expensive, so maybe they could think about group training to help small businesses afford it.
We previously used ArchiOffice and were looking for a software program that would give us greater visibility into how we are doing from a project perspective, and BQE Core does this. It is really easy for staff to enter their time - either in the office or in a mobile situation - and the ability to convert timed work into a time entry is great. Core treats each phase of a project as its own project, and I wish you could bypass this feature as it would work better for us if each phase added up, and then all numbers added up to the Parent Phase.
You can't beat a knowledgeable customer service department like BQE Core and the fact that they are available 24/7 means that you can get answers to your questions at any time of the day or night.
We use it for client billing as well as tracking project billing, for employee hours, for time off, and for most things in between. This addresses issues with clients who may not agree with certain hours billed, and having a direct way to show what exactly was worked on is very helpful.
- Graphs on home page
- Memos on each time card
- Tracking time off, sick days, etc
- Clunky time card
- Issues with submitting time
- Sometimes has issues that require page to refresh
It is very appropriate as an engineering billing platform, as it allows for us to show clients and others exactly what employees are working on according to their time sheets, and allows for a more organized workplace. The time card memos are very helpful for most situations that would require coordination on working together.
I use BQE Core to insert the time I work on each project. This helps our business to track the time for each project and produce accurate invoices that we send to our clients. This brings clarity to our business on how time is spent and to our client to somehow double check the invoice.
- well organized
- easy to use
- accuracy of data
- I would like a quicker way to find/navigate through the project's list.
- A better way to close the memo's window when the typing is done.
BQE Core has brought a great help to the business saving time in producing an accurate invoice, so that we can spend time producing income. There has been a great improvement.
I have not complain.
I utilize BQE Core for many Accounts Payable functions. Its streamlined program makes my job so much easier. I've worked with several accounting software over my career. BQE Core is one of my favorites. It's very easy to use, and will make things so much easier. Looking forward to more upgrades and additional modules.
- Seamless payment processes
- Ease of use
- 1099 processing, the ability to process them electronically would be awesome!
- Fix the fields for so we can differentiate between SSN & Tax ID.
BQE Core is well suited in the check process, it's very easy to do. It isn't quite there in the 1099 process. It would be awesome not to utilize a third party software to file electronically. Once that is done I think it will be even better.
My last issue took a couple of weeks to solve, by that time I figured it out myself.
We use this program daily and it is very easy and efficient to use! BQE Core is used for environmental consulting and it is very useful to keep track of hours billed and overhead hours. It allows us to keep everything organized and able to be easily tracked for each employee.
- Easy to use
- Straight forward
- Easier access
- More options
For small businesses that manage their own finances and having billing rates. This would not be as useful for a large company where billable hours are not very important to keep track of. This is much more useful for smaller companies as billing rates and hours are what keep the company together.
I have not had to contact support.
We use it to track billable and overhead hours. This is how we track both what we will bill to a client and then in turn, what it is that each of us on the engineering team will be paid (project to project, and specifically in comparison to how many hours we have billed to a client versus to the overhead of the company).
- Extremely intuitive.
- Easy to use.
- Streamlined for efficiency.
- Doesn't always readily update.
- If you have to refresh the page before it saves, you lose the info.
- Doesn't always easily allow copy and paste from previous weeks for categories.
It is ideal for billable hours companies. It tracks progress extremely efficiently for a company that has multiple ongoing jobs concurrently, and a variety of employees who may just happen to be working on said jobs at once (or at different times during different days and weeks, month to month). This program is flawless.
Come to think of it, I've never even had to reach out to BQE Core support--which in and of itself, in my humble opinion, is just what so happens to merit my giving it a rating of ten out of ten on this review scale. See, if I had to reach out to support I might give it a lower score, but the program is so usable that I don't need to! Ha!
We use BQE Core for assigning our work hours to different client projects depending on day-to-day tasks performed. It is very easy to use and is well organized. The entries can be sorted to quickly check the allotted, used, and remaining project hours. Even though the hours allocated to other users of the project are not visible, the updated remaining project hours help keep the project on track. The main rationale behind choosing this product is its ease of accounting of complex project fund distribution across the users.
- The interface is user friendly and easy to adapt to
- Time Entries and Time Card sections help check if the weekly/monthly allotted project hours have been accounted for with easy checks
- BQE also summarizes the time performances into different categories of work whether 'Billable', 'Non-Billable', 'PTO', and other categories based on user inputs to keep accurate track of office hours.
- Some kind of notification can be added to let the user know if a project fund is nearing completion.
BQE Core is a great product to keep the project hour allocations organized. It is easy to assign and track the progress of complex project fund distributions to different client projects depending on day-to-day tasks performed. The entries can be sorted in a number of ways to quickly check the allotted, used, and remaining project hours. The up-to-date remaining project hours help keep the project on track.
I haven't had an issue with the software and had not contacted the support.
We switched to BQE Core in my company from an older billing software product that we had used for 15 years. We only use the time/expense entry and invoicing features at my company. We do not use the accounting or HR features at this time. BQE Core is significantly faster in its capabilities to enter/edit time, create invoices, record payments, and run reports. The time we saved by switching to BQE Core is invaluable.
- Can be customized to fit your needs.
- Processes execute quickly.
- Easy to adjust settings.
- Could use more filtering options.
- Sometimes there are lag issues when entering data in a search field.
- The applying payments function needs a better capability to reverse/undo misapplied payments.
BQE Core offers many options. Even more than my particular company has needs for, like budgeting, phases, HR, and accounting features. At our company where we only need BQE Core to handle time entry and invoicing, BQE Core satisfies our needs. Time entry is simple and easy to adjust. Our users were able to learn the software very quickly.
Account managers are in frequent contact to check on how things are going for your company's use of BQE Core and are readily available to help with any problems you have or direct you to the appropriate channels to get further assistance. The process for adding licenses, getting custom templates, etc. has been simple. One minor complaint is that I do wish their new feature suggestions team was more responsive.
BQE CORE is not the easiest to use. It is difficult locating different projects in our database, along with adding them. However, other than that it is pretty good at tracking your time off, and going between the projects.
- Time off tracking.
- Time tracking.
- Clearing unused rows.
- Locating jobs (lag).
- Adding jobs.
- Clarity on where things are.
It would be good for a firm that works on salary rather than job by job and hourly.
BQE Core helps to log and track the projects I work on so I can better gauge how much time I should spend on future projects.
- Keeps track of time spent on projects.
- Keeps track of time spent doing certain activities.
- Provides data on how time is spent.
- Could be a bit more user friendly.
Well suited for large companies looking for insights into how employees perform and find potential ways to increase efficiency.
I've never needed to use BQE Core support but I imagine it's just as good as the software.
I use BQE Core for everything from daily time and expense keeping, to reviewing my employee's timesheets. I also use the software to track our costs and project burn in comparison to our project contracts. It allows me to easily reallocate time where needed. BQE Core makes invoicing a breeze. We generate time and expense reports, review them and generate draft invoices. It's easy to work back and forth with accounting to adjust invoices as needed before generating a final invoice to send to the client. We also use it to track and monitor account statements and know when we have a client with too many outstanding invoices.
- The performance tab is great. Easily see an overall project snapshot in seconds.
- Time and expense reviewer is great. It's easy to manage entries and move to different phases when needed.
- Our invoice process is so much simpler and quicker now that we have BQE Core.
- The learning curve.
- Compatibility with Google Chrome.
- Viewing and editing memos on time entries.
BQE Core is great for Landscape Architects. It allows us to easily manage and track our projects and has a great user interface. We can track budgets based on our proposal and set alerts for when we get close to going beyond our fees set in each proposal. As a project manager, it makes my life ten times easier.
Support is some of the best around. They are easy to reach and quick to respond.
Going to BQE Core was a great change for our firm. We have found that keeping our worked hours and expenses has been much easier for staff, and project management has improved. It still seems that we keep finding great new features. Worth the change.
- Worked hours
- Vacation scheduling
- Project management
- Contact lists
Fantastic for keeping track of hours, scheduling of vacation, and project management. The contacts portion is not as usable as other systems because of the availability to general staff and how our clients need to be categorized.
Support gets back to us very quickly on most requests.
I use BQE Core weekly to enter my time, expenses and forecast. This tool makes it easy for everyone to enter their key data points for time, expense, forecasts, etc.
- The ease of entering your time
- Ease of entering forecast
- Being able to copy the previous week to the current week would be a good feature.
This tool is so easy to use. It makes the process of entering time and other necessary information our company requires.
I haven't had to use support.
I use BQE Core to fill out my timesheets and I love the user interface. This is very easy to use, all of my vacation time is shown and as a user, I am very happy with it. The display shows my PTO hours remaining as well as saves the jobs from the previous week to avoid having to re-enter them all.
- Color Scheming
- Load times
They show all available vacation time which is nice and convenient. The timesheets are also carried over from week to week which makes it easier when working on the same jobs. I also like that the database has all the jobs from the company stored which makes searching a breeze!
Very responsive and very much in touch with their clients. Before we joined, they hosted a seminar to show all of the employees how to use all the different features of their product and walk us through how we can reach out if we have questions regarding any of the features.
I use BQE Core every day to track my hours, submit invoices, and plan my time off. I really like how simple it is to use it and the intuitive interface! The customer service is great and the online guide helped me a lot with the questions I had! Definitely recommended!
- Tracking hours
- Planning time off
- Better process of submitting documents
BQE Core is great in tracking hours. I work for a remote company and BQE core helps us simplify all the processes of submitting time off, invoices, expense reports, and working hours. So far we never had any problem with the software. The online guide helped me a lot whenever I had questions
The software makes my process of submitting documents and expense reports easier! The way it tracks hours is great and reliable. The interface is easy to use and the graphic is very intuitive. The customer service is also great and it helped me a lot when I needed. Very satisfied
We use BQE Core for billing management. The time card feature allows for a quick and easy breakdown of all projects and roles for time billing. Project time can be easily logged using the time entries feature within the web application, and provides an overview of each weeks assigned hours.
Very easy to quickly and progressively log time spent working on project throughout the work day. There are only a few issues I have with this software. First it required too many clicks to reach the time card to begin entering hours. This should be a link on the home page. Second, the memo tab on the time card is far to small, and needs to be more visible and easy to click.
I have not had to use any support features.
We use BQE Core for billing and for my second job I use it to submit invoices for billing as well. I typically log my hours in for projects I work on throughout the week [then] admin sends the clients the bill via BQE Core email. BQE Core [is] a very efficient and useful system.
- Logs and keeps track of work/hours
- easy to use/navigate site
- the ease of admin being able to see employees progress
- maybe make it easier to grant others access to things, had some issues in the past w this
[It's] easy to bill clients, especially [with] a small business. You can keep track of what you've billed for and project completion. BQE Core [is] also great for contractors and subcontractors that are a part of larger projects. BQE Core is well suited especially when a contractor may be working with multiple companies that also use the software. BQE Core [is] an all-in-one-stop.
BQE Core, as I said, is easy to use and has a clean website. The clients are also able to pay their bills via BQE Core which we appreciate. We are able to log our hours of work which helps us stay on budget and keep track of time which we love. I am able to teach others how to use BQE Core and they usually get the [hang of it] within several minutes.
We are using this software within our company on a daily basis to track time, budget, and numerous other metrics. The reporting feature has proven to be a very valuable tool in keeping track of project budgets on an ongoing [basis]. Using the same software for time tracking and billing has proven to be very efficient.
- Time tracking
- Budget control
- I am happy with the software and then service.
- When we have issues in the past customer service was readily available.
- We even requested feature changes that were accepted and implemented
We have always received a rapid response when we have had any issues.
We use BQE CORE to track time, expenses, and project budgets for all of our projects. The software package allows users access flexibility from either office, mobile or remote workstations.
- Software mobility for all users
- Preloaded templates for simple customization for invoicing or reports
- Dynamic user information on every project
- Invoice statement templates do not have a lot of options
- Remove redundant multiple "clicks" for entrys to "save" inputs
- Additional fonts on all templates
Simple software that keeps track of time, expenses, and project budgets for our small firm. The project budget and assignment module do require a lot of setup for project forecasting.
We haven't had the need for a lot of support requests but have used this option a couple of times this past year and the BQE CORE staff has been prompt and helpful.