Overall Satisfaction with Basecamp
We use Basecamp across our entire organization to manage our various projects. Our company has over 200 clients, with 50+ projects ongoing at any given time, and a team of around 15 people. Basecamp has allowed our project managers to easily manage time, from ensuring that each employee is on track with assigned projects to also making sure no employee's workload is unmanageable. The biggest problem Basecamp solved for us was helping get every assignment out and to the client on time.
- Easy to Use: managers can easily look at each person's assignments or things due on a particular day, and users can quickly see what's on their plate and notify project managers of updates, etc.
- People and Date Assignments: this feature and its ease of management were critical in our choice to use Basecamp.
- Daily Email Reminders: again, keeping up with assignments is made easy for the whole team with email updates in your inbox first thing each morning.
- They have a team feature that we love that allows an entire team to communicate. The only downside is that projects cannot be assigned to a team, but rather you have to assign the project to each individual on the team.
- We went from about 20% of projects taking longer than quoted to less than 5% within the first few months.
- On-time work = happy clients = continuing work for those clients.
My only use of Basecamp has been in a marketing agency, so my experience in scenarios is limited, but I have a hard time imagining a job where Basecamp wouldn't be useful. We manage techs, writers, designers, developers, photographers, videographers, and generalists all working in their areas of expertise as well as on team projects and Basecamp handles it seamlessly.