A Realistic Review of Blackbaud's "On" Products
September 28, 2017

A Realistic Review of Blackbaud's "On" Products

Overall Satisfaction with Blackbaud K-12 “ON” Solutions

Lately the support has been less than pleasing. Long wait times. Last support issue I had, I asked for someone to call me and they just didn't. My account rep barely responds to my emails.
We use the entire "On" suite. It is being used across our entire school. We are able to have our teachers use it for their teacher web pages, parents use it for the directory and to see student information, we use it for events and for prospective parents.
  • The "front end" marketing side of the site is great with its mobile-friendly platform. The site looks very professional, yet student-centered.
  • Behind the password, class pages are informative and students can have access to their homework and schedules.
  • The site is there for parents to login and access information that they need from the school at their fingertips.
  • The entire On record module needs immense improvement. It's extremely clunky and hasn't been updated in ages. It's an afterthought.
  • The event registration piece is not mobile friendly. We have had tons of issues with people having problems signing up for events on their phones.
  • The reporting and lists functions can be clunky and difficult to execute.
  • The front-end of the site has been our best tool for marketing. And the new interface does make it easier for me to make changes on the back-end.
  • Editing student profiles and more "find" features have made things a little bit easier to navigate.
  • Finalsite
Blackbaud K-12 is very similar. I feel like I would be trading one set of issues for another so it's kind of a wash. We are very much hooked into the Blackbaud website with our Google SSO and Connect5 integrations. It would be difficult for us to transition. That is the main reason I haven't really entertained other web firms.
  • Operational efficiency
  • Advanced automation
  • Improved insights
  • Improved internal and external communications
  • A connected school solution
Finalsite is constantly offering free webinars which I attend regularly. I feel like I know their team more than I do Blackbaud's. So were the days of having Travis Warren come to your school personally to get to know you. I don't have that connection anymore. It's cold and stagnate. That is too bad for Blackbaud and they will continue to lose customers.
More functionailty like Education Edge is needed ASAP. The reports and lists features is not well developed. It's difficult to make changes to forms or anything.
It's been a lot better with adding students to classes and removing them and groups.
Terrible. Changing a teacher's report card is a terrible task. One I always put off until I have to do it. Transcripts are difficult to create. It's just not a good system.
I use OnMessage a lot. Sending pushpages, event registration, or updating the website. The front end editing for the website has gotten a lot better. Pushpages are pretty standard and I use it so much is easy for me, but not for new people. Event registration needs help.
I really feel that if I took my business somewhere else I would have other issues that I would need to address. Ever since Whipplehill was acquired by Blackbaud, it has been less than a pleasing experience. Long wait times for support - not enough support. My account rep takes days to return my emails. It's really not a great way to run a business. They are trying to be cutting edge but they are behind with product development. I feel that is something Finalsite has done a lot better than Blackbaud.