November 04, 2019
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Braze (formerly Appboy)
I currently use Braze to implement both in-app campaigns as well as email campaigns to welcome them to the product if they use our product for the first time, provide additional assets and resources, promote new features or capability announcement, and nudge users to move through to the next steps within the product, or 5) remind them that their service is being deleted. I believe the majority of the organization is using Braze or at least pushing to use throughout various business units.
- Braze is integrated with segment and is also integrated with amplitude so that you can track user data across multiple platforms.
- The more granular your product instrumentations are done, the more effective your Braze campaigns can be in terms of targeting a specific user group in specific areas within the user experience.
- Braze works well with large companies by providing support and dedicated teams in terms of debugging issues or helping with implementation.
- If you do not have a solid understanding of your product instrumentation and Braze, it will be difficult to be effective with it initially.
- You need to spend some time learning about the platform as some aspects are not self-explanatory so you need to rely on other documentation or guidelines they have (i.e. how to find your instrumentations - need to find it by adding quotations marks, etc).
- Our product team uses Braze heavily so overall, it's been beneficial for the team.
Braze is the first tool of its kind that I used personally so I am not able to make comparisons but I like that Braze integrates well with other platforms that our organization uses on a day-to-day basis so I can combine analyses across platforms to provide feedback to the broader team.
I personally don't work directly with the Braze team. Our organization has a dedicated team that is an 'expert' on Braze so they are who I interact with directly.
Do you think Braze delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Braze's feature set?
Did Braze live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Braze go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy Braze again?
Braze is great if you want to nudge users to move through your product milestones that you set for your product and understand their progress. Braze also has a section where you can define what conversion you want to see which is very helpful to see how effective your campaign actually was once launched.