Overall Satisfaction with Signal
BrightTag is our Tag Management System for all of our eCommerce sites across all brands. Though I am the sole direct user of the tool, my entire team, most of my department, several other departments within the company, and several 3rd party vendors rely on quality data collection from this system. BrightTag enables us to quickly and efficiently create and manage data collection on our eCommerce platforms. In addition to supporting our in-house data collection (SiteCatalyst), we manage all of the tracking pixels required for Digital Marketing Campaigns through BrightTag and have even found it useful for creating ad-hoc Personalized content and, occasionally, have used it to alter the website to fix issues that the typical DEV life cycle would take too long to correct.
- Flexibility - we are able to strike a good balance between writing one robust data-collection function that works across multiple page-types or create separate data-collection functions for each page type, based on our needs and expectations.
- Real Time - no need to write code and wait 2 hours before being able to test it. If I see an issue, I can fix it immediately and see results immediately.
- Adaptability - BrightTag continues to add new features to the product that simplify our lives (e.g., recently added "Preview Mode" which allows only select individuals, such as third party vendors, to see the changes you have made)
- Support - the support team continues to be responsive, timely, and with excellent product knowledge and recommendations.
- Placing quotes around variable names in the Tag Attributes, but not in the Event Handlers has caused me to mess up more than once.
- Being able to search the account for all instances of certain text would be very helpful (e.g., search for s.eVar30 to find all places where I set that SiteCatalyst variable).
- Being able to add/remove 3rd party vendors in mere minutes has allowed our Digital Marketing Team to quickly and easily swap low performing vendors with higher value or trial vendors. This has enabled last-minute ramp-up on unexpected opportunities.
- Tag Management had an estimated ROI of over 10,000% of cost for the department in 2013.
- Being able to quickly and easily modify User Interaction bindings has allowed us to create many ad-hoc measurements for UX consideration. Being able to quickly turn these on/off is an efficient way to provide data to settle arguments such as "people love this feature vs. no one uses this feature"
- Working outside of the traditional SDLC allows us to implement cost savings immediately (e.g., identifying a high-volume s.tl() that eats up a lot of SiteCatalyst requests towards our annual quota - I can easily disable it immediately)
- Working outside of the traditional SDLC allows us to remove unneeded 3rd party calls immediately. When a vendor in our ad network has performance issues (slow DNS lookups, etc.), it affects our customers. Once identified, we immediately shut down that vendor, improving our customer experience, until the vendor has addressed the issues.
We are so pleased with BrightTag that we have not evaluated any other vendors recently.
We are deeply ingrained in BrightTag and very pleased with its performance, but there is always the possibility that another tool with features we have not considered or are even aware of may come along that makes transitioning to a new platform a worthwhile endeavor (perhaps one that integrates A/B Testing or a Personalization engine into the TMS framework)