Overall Satisfaction with Chargebee
I use Chargebee to handle subscriptions. Part of my company offers web hosting and management and this is how we provide recurring billing model.
- I appreciate how Chargebee makes it very simple to create and manage plans and coupons.
- Flexible coupons is a big plus. I have several plans, with and without signup fees. flexible coupons make it easy to apply them to the entire plan or just the setup fee.
- Chargebee also handles getting customers to update their expired cards. There is a simple email that gives them quick access to their personal login. It's already written for you, just personalize it and send!
- One area that is difficult is that I don't have an easy way to allow users to select their own plan options. I have monthly and yearly plans, but no way to let the customer choose (not without custom code). This is the one thing that has caused extra work for me.
- Configuring additional custom fields in the checkout form is possible, but not very intuitive.
- Chargebee has been the foundation of my business because it has provided a way to establish a recurring revenue model in my business.
- I joined Chargebee a long time ago and might be grandfathered into a previous plan, but they have given me a way to be profitable from day one.
I considered using WooCommerce, cart66, Sam cart, Shopify, big commerce, and a few others I can't recall at the moment. Each one of those options had either limiting abilities to create flexible plans or required expensive add-ons that would make it the timeline to profitability much longer and had a steeper implementation curve. Chargebee was incredibly easy to set up, test, and deploy. I was selling my plans and generating revenue in just a couple of days.