Overall Satisfaction with Cornerstone OnDemand
Previous to implementing Cornerstone we had a very archaic database to enter training records, rosters sat in a drawer, and we relied exclusively upon Instructor-led training as a delivery mode. We have vastly expanded our bandwidth as a department and as an organization - we are able to offer multiple training modes to include video, online courses, and job aids that can all be delivered through one streamlined solution. It has offered a way to organize multiple training programs simultaneously as well as report at multiple levels of the organization and deliver customized learning solutions to targeted audiences. Additionally, the customized reporting is so easy and helpful. The report features alone have vastly improved our productivity and communication through every level.
- Flexible and robust dynamic assignment of learning. Cornerstone allows you to assign any learning object, path, or certification with a multitude of flexibility. It can be as manual or automatic as you prefer as you are able to create assignments based on hire date, location, manager, job title, status, or any combination of those Org Units along with several others.
- Robust flexibility of features or functions you want your end users to see or be able to access.These permissions may also be as simple or as complex as you would like. Allows for multiple levels of admins on the system simultaneously.
- Customized reporting with ability to share customized reports out. Custom reports may be set up to email within specific frequency to specific individuals or departments. Data is refreshed every 15 minutes. This allows for data transparency and ease.
- A dedicated admin is a must. Anyone can be taught the basic administrative features and functions, but it truly takes a dedicated admin to have eyes on the inherent complexity of running such a robust system that continues to receive improvements and updates. Cornerstone is a dynamic solution that needs to be maintained in order to maximize the benefits to the organization.
- There are some nuances that are not always the most streamlined. For example, investigating where challenges exist and identifying how they occurred in the first place, can require looking in several different areas within the system. This is something Cornerstone has been actively improving over the last year especially.
- The mobile application still had quite a long way to come before it is robust enough to be relied upon.
- Minimize risk in terms of liability and poor compliance training tracking
- Increased productivity as we are able to train using less "trainer" hours overall
- Improved learning department efficiency and increase in time available to design and deliver new learning programs