Updated July 25, 2014
Director of Operations
KickedUp Media GroupMedia Production, 1-10 employees
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Critical Mention
I use Critical Mention to on both small and large scale projects to monitor, manage and analyze airings of specific interviews conducted both live and to tape as well as for general coverage of specific topics on tv, radio and online media outlets all over the world. This unique platform provides users with essential information, including audience numbers, air dates and times, ad values etc. Critical Mention also allows users to edit video, assign tags and metadata and analyze coverage through features like word clouds and graphs. These features and more have made Critical Mention an invaluable asset when it comes to managing workflow as well as creating and customizing reports to optimally communicate key performance indicators to various clients across all industries.
- Critical Mention is very simple to navigate and operate. After signing up for an account, users are assigned a dedicated account manager and given a personalized tutorial that provides them with all the information they need to accomplish their tasks and maximize productivity.
- Various search options, from Boolean logic to caption keywords make the process of finding and sorting results both quick and easy.
- Compared to other vendors I've worked with, Critical Mention provides the best services when it comes to real-time monitoring, overall.
- When using Critical Mention for large scale projects with broad search criteria, it can be very difficult to catch duplicate mentions of your keywords within the same broadcast. This often requires a lot of time consuming hands-on work.
- It would be helpful if there were more independent stations monitored, other than the major affiliates.
- When stations are not captioned, it can be difficult to find clips without the use of keywords.
- While there have been major improvements made, there are still bugs within the search function that make certain tasks far more time consuming.
- The ability share results and information both internally and with clients makes Critical Mention a fantastic collaborative tool that keeps clients coming back with the guarantee of comprehensive reporting and an abundance of detailed information.
- Real-time digitizing of key distinguishable factors makes this a comprehensive database of valuable influencer information as well as a monitoring system.
- They provide extensive schema allowing users to customize information and report results, in the manner most appropriate for specific clients and projects.
- The self-service functionality of Critical Mention combined with their dedicated support team provide essential tools to maximize employee efficiency.
Before Critical Mention, I utilized VMS for similar projects and there is simply no comparison between the two platforms. While VMS reported similar results, it did not include the same post-production features as Critical Mention and the lack of self-service functionality was detrimental to workflow management. Critical Mention provides the necessary tools for users to master the program themselves, with assistance always available in person, via email, through their live-chat feature or over the phone, from an experienced team of customer service professionals. Critical Mention also provides additional tools for management, analysis and reporting that I have not experienced with any other vendors.
While Critical Mention still has a few bugs, it is by far the best option available when it comes to real time media monitoring and management. The logistical approach and capabilities Critical Mention offers are unmatched and the program has greatly increased the quality of customer support and success reporting for many types of projects and their various components.
If you are planning to use Critical Mention to monitor specifically limited search criteria, you will find it to be instrumental in managing work flow in such a fast-paced business. Large scale projects that require sorting and analyzing thousands of results might require additional work with the help of their support team, manually or through other applications and platforms.