Overall Satisfaction with Domo
Domo is being used at the enterprise level, connecting various sources of data to create visualizations and mashups in one single dashboard that is accessible via the web and through mobile devices. The purpose of using such a tool was to help bring a clearer picture of business performance and metrics to the executive team as well as other key stakeholders who use the information to make decisions.
- Connecting to various data sources (databases, excel spreadsheets, etc.) has been key in helping deliver the solution to the business.
- The visualization tools were one of the selling points that Domo provided to us that really made a difference in our selection.
- The accessibility of the information on both the web and mobile has been huge in keeping our users engaged with using the tools on a daily basis.
- While the visualization tools are excellent, extracting information from the tool has been a little bit of a challenge.
- Initial learning curve was a little steep.
- Cost model was a bit high in procuring the software.
From a dashboard and accessibility standpoint, Domo really shines. There aren't many tools that compare at this level. Keep in mind that there are many BI tools that do similar things and are geared toward doing more in depth data analysis. You'll need to balance what your main objectives and goals are for using Domo as your BI solution. You may want to consider using this in conjunction with your current BI tools if you already have one in place.
Domo is a great up-and-coming product. There are many fantastic features that are extremely compelling to our end users, which makes Domo a great fit for our organization. As with many BI tools, there are items on the wish list that could make implementation, administration and usage easier, but I believe these will be addressed over time as the product matures and evolves. The overall concept and approach of this solution has definitely raised the bar in this area of expertise and I would like to see things advance in giving the enterprise tools that will make decision making easier and more robust in the future.
I would say in confidence that you really need to have definitive data sources outlined before even acquiring Domo. One key question to definitely ask is how easy it would be to model the data that I have in my company and how can/will these tools change the way we do business? This will help in defining how your dashboards and visualizations will be created in an effective and usable manner.