Overall Satisfaction with DonorPerfect
Our nonprofit dental clinic uses DonorPerfect to track donors and volunteers, including gifts, communications, and event attendance. We're pretty small and have about 500 constituents total, and DonorPerfect makes it very easy to keep track of all the ways we're connecting with donors, volunteers, and supporters.
- Easy to export and import data. There will always be things that are easier to do in other programs, so getting information in and out of a database is key. It's very straightfoward to set up filters, export templates, etc, so that I'm getting exactly the information I need in the format that's most useful.
- Can track both donors and volunteers. As a volunteer-based dental clinic, it's important to us to make sure our volunteer licenses are up to date, track volunteer hours, and see which donors are also volunteers. Although DonorPerfect doesn't have separate volunteer tracking options, it does make it very easy to integrate donor and volunteer information.
- Customer support has been very responsive every time I've used them, by phone or online chat.
- No options for scheduling volunteers. This would improve functionality immensely for us.
- Tracking donations from multiple household members could be simpler. If donations are recorded under multiple household members, there's no way to set that the whole household gets a thank you letter. Whenever I do a large mailing, I have to go through manually and merge multiple household members.
- I have much more confidence in the accuracy of constituent information.
DonorPerfect isn't as flexible as some, and doesn't have all the volunteer management functionality of a volunteer-focused database. But for integrating donor and volunteer records, it meets all of our needs.
I was surprised at how useful DonorPerfect has been for tracking both donors and volunteers. If an organization is interested in looking at increasing the number of volunteers who donate, or donors who volunteer, DonorPerfect is a good choice.