Unsiloing your data with EveryAction
Updated June 18, 2021
Unsiloing your data with EveryAction
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with EveryAction
EveryAction (and the digital company it purchased, ActionKit) is currently being used in three departments: Digital, Movement Building, and Fundraising. EveryAction is used as our main volunteer management CRM, events management tool, and is the database of record for our engagement with volunteers and voters when we do issue advocacy and outreach. It's also used as our donor database of record for donor engagement, direct mail, major donor management, and reporting for both accounting and compliance purposes.
- List segmentation is exceptional. You can slice and dice based on hundreds of data points, most of which are customizable for your needs (codes, survey questions, scores, custom contribution fields, the list goes on).
- The automation tools keep improving. Two examples are the Report Manager (being able to schedule automated reports) and Welcome Email series (a template for sending emails at certain times based with decision trees and subsegmentation).
- User Profiles and User Management are incredibly powerful. You can permission or restrict based on over 100 criteria from viewing reports to exports to editing, plus drilling into what users are actually doing.
- Bulk Upload, Bulk Apply from Reports, and API make it easy to incorporate data from other systems (with proper data hygiene) with the matching algorithm even after you've completed the initial migration process.
- While the data points are highly customizable, it would be nice to have more customization available in the UI.
- Keeping track of pipeline tables is especially difficult because of a lack of consistent documentation.
- They've purchased several smaller companies over the last several years and they ways that these companies are integrated into customer support is inconsistent.
- Unsiloed our donation data and consolidated vendors.
- Provides a system for our volunteer leadership to securely email chapters and local groups.
- Significantly reduces staff time on ETL processes
The implementation team was exceptional. Migrating databases always has challenges but the efficiency and level of organization of the implementation team made it possible to meet and get thru those challenges successfully and on time.
The system very rarely goes down and any planned outages for maintenance are timed based on usage and clearly communicated to clients.
Honestly, the biggest benefit to using EveryAction is that it saves us time and money, and that allows our staff to do other work that advances our advocacy goals. And that's probably the best thing anyone can say about software.
Do you think Bonterra Development + Digital delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Bonterra Development + Digital's feature set?
Did Bonterra Development + Digital live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Bonterra Development + Digital go as expected?
Would you buy Bonterra Development + Digital again?
We looked at Blackbaud and Salesforce for our recent migration of our donation database of record and found that both of those tools required third party consultants or vendors in order to achieve what we wanted. EveryAction is self-contained which means that we didn't have to go thru the work of vetting, hiring, and managing additional vendors in order to make the move.
EveryAction's suite of tools are very good for jack of all trades type of work (i.e. the Development module does just about everything and does it pretty well), but if you want something highly specialized (i.e. super sophisticated email tool or peer to peer texting) then you'd be more satisfied with software that specializes in that thing.
We support EveryAction in house with regular user support as well as strategic planning, reporting, and back end engineering.
- Volunteer leadership onboarding
- Chapter newsletters managed by volunteers
- Narrative experiences by volunteers
- Digital outreach directly from the tool to elected officials
- Accountability for fundraising consultants
- Welcome series for donors