Great tool for account managers and client success managershttps://www.trustradius.com/customer-successGainsightUnspecified8.43701012019-02-22T20:30:18.367Z
February 22, 2019
Great tool for account managers and client success managers
Score 8 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Gainsight
We use Gainsight to monitor the use of our software by clients. This helps us uncover potential upsell opportunities and, conversely, determine how likely an account is to churn. It also allows us to schedule CTAs that prompt account manager's to reach out to clients at regular intervals regarding usage and renewals.
- Visual -- at a glance you can get a complete snapshot of the account: their usage, activity, and how likely they are to churn. This provides opportunities for proactive outreach.
- CTAs -- a very well designed system that allows you to create CTAs around renewal dates, data usage, survey responses, and prospect outreach.
- Automation -- Gainsight allows you to send out automated emails based on a client's usage. It allows you to customize several different features and review before sending, which is helpful for AMs when managing a large book of business.
- No ability to filter CTAs by type.
- Parameters for setting up automated emails can be restrictive at times.
Very knowledgeable staff that are quick to respond to questions and help to implement solutions. To be honest, I haven't had to reach out for support very often because the product is quite intuitive and the admins at the company handle most of the support requests. The experience I have had with support has been very positive and the solution was quickly implemented.
Visibility into customer accounts is extremely important for executives as it helps them project revenue, see where the product needs improvement, track potential upsells, see how the clients are segmented, and track the outreach efforts of account managers.
- Identify clients that are likely to churn and prompt the AM to proactively reach out, leading to improved retention.
- Uncovered accounts with upsell potential based on usage.
- Improved employee efficiency with CTAs.
- Increased NPS score.
Gainsight is a fantastic tool for account managers and client success managers to monitor usage, schedule regular outreach, and track the overall health of an account. It's less appropriate for salespeople, because this functionality is designed more for account managers due to the fact that the information is pulled from the product. For prospecting efforts, it is not necessary and there are other tools that are better designed for these activities.