geoSCOUT geological data analysis platform comes with preloaded data and can analyze geological data from other sources, from geoLOGIC systems in Calgary.
Oil and Gas Software
Oil and Gas Software Overview
The Oil and Gas Industry StructureThe oil and gas industry is a complex one, most often broken down into upstream, midstream and downstream operations.
- The upstream industry finds and produces crude oil and natural gas and is sometimes known as the exploration and production (E&P) sector.
- The midstream industry processes, stores, markets and transports commodities such as crude oil, natural gas, natural gas liquids and provides the vital link between petroleum producing areas and the population centers The midstream industry includes transmission pipeline companies
- The downstream industry includes oil refineries, petrochemical plants, petroleum products distributors, retail outlets and natural gas distribution companies.
Oil and Gas Software MarketSome software vendors are focused on providing software to streamline and automate processes in one of the three sub-vertical markets. However, large enterprise vendors provide software that helps manage the entire supply chain from exploration to distribution. Enterprise oil and gas solutions are really vertical-specific ERP systems with highly specific industry features, fully integrated with standard business capabilities such as marketing, accounting and HR.
Oil and Gas Software CapabilitiesKey oil and gas software capabilities include:
- Land Management: A central data store for managing lease acquisition, lease management, Right of Way issues, etc.
- Field Operations: End to end production management and access to field data.
- Transportation and Storage: Streamline capacity and throughput with pipeline and crude management
- Accounting: Reporting on volumetric, cost and revenue across the supply chain
- Supply and Distribution: Streamline acquisition and delivery processes to manage supply and demand.
- Energy Marketing: Simplify marketing operations with built in marketing capabilities
- Mobility: Due the remote field locations, the ability to work in the field with mobile devices can be paramount
Oil and Gas Products
Listings (1-25 of 87)
Petrel E&P, from Schlumberger, is a modular suite of applications designed to support exploratory geological study and geological modeling, with features such as data visualization, and other model building tools.
Surfer is a data visualization suite from Golden Software in Colorado for oil and gas companies, or other entities in other industries requiring geological or environmental data.
Aspen Technology headquartered in Bedford offers AspenONE Engineering to refineries as a software design aid, emphasizing process optimization and cost control.
Bentley Systems offers gINT, a set of applications that generate and present subsurface data for mining and other purposes.
GEOVIA Surpac from Dassault Systemes is a geology and mine planning application featuring 3D modeling and graphics and workflow automation.
Geosoft in Toronto offers Oasis montaj, a mapping and geological data analysis tool for subsurfaces and ocean floors.
LMKR in Dubai offers GeoGraphix, a suite of applications supporting research activities for oil and gas like mapping and petrophysical modeling and well planning.
Paradigm is an oil and gas oriented exploration and seismic analytics platform, now owned and supported by Emerson since the 2018 acquisition.
IHS Markit offers Kingdom, an application which supports asset teams with data critical to geoscience and engineering decisions, and provides portfolio management with the capability to manage millions of wells in a multi-user collaborative environment.
French company Beicip-Franlab offers DionisosFlow, software trained on reducing the risk inherent in geological exploration through reconstruction of facies architecture, and so supporting exploration decisions.
Irish company Skynet Labs offers Drill Formula Sheets to perform drilling unit conversions and capture well data in real time. Drill Formula Sheets is offered free.
GeoThrust is a seismic data processing and earth modeling software system from GeoTomo in Houston, Texas.
Geovariances offers Isatis, a geostatistics software providing geological analysis and data visualization.
ION Geophysical in Houston offers MESA, a land survey design application of use for geological study.
Petrosys, headquarters in Australia, offers their analytics and mapping tools for geological maps and analysis of use in mining, or for other exploratory purposes.
Ikon Science in London offers RocDoc, an application for the advanced analysis of geological and seismic data.
Sysdrill is well and drilling planning software developed by Paradigm and now owned and supported by Emerson since that company's acquisition of Paradigm and all of its assets in December, 2017.
Terrasciences in Littleton offers Terrastation and its associated modules which perform analyses from multiple kinds of data relevant to geological science and exploration.
Lynx Information Systems in London offers LEASSV (Lynx Exploration Archivist Seismic Scanning and Vectorising), which as the name might suggest is a tool for exploring seismic imagery.
dGB Earth Sciences offers seismic interpretation technology, chiefly OpendTect which is available for free and also has a commercial version.
Developed by Paradigm, SeisEarth is the data visualization and seismic interpretation module in the suite of Paradigm's offerings, which is now owned and supported by Emerson since the Paradigm acquisition in December 2017.
AttributeStudio offers advanced quantitative analysis and description of geological formations and reservoirs, and is offered by Geomodeling Technology Corp in Calgary.
Echos is a seismic imaging and processing application developed by Paradigm and now owned and supported by Emerson since the December 2017 acquisition.
GeoDepth provides velocity determination and model building to generate accurate seismic imaging in either time or depth, from Paradigm - Emerson.