Vault is a flexible and safe secrets managment solution.
Overall Satisfaction with HashiCorp Vault
We use Hashicorp Vault to protect secrets used by our application teams such as database connection strings, passwords that run jobs, and meta-data about the environment around the application. This tool helps us ensure that our accounts are secure, passwords are private and our data can't be accessed by anyone that shouldn't have access to the system.
- The HTTP API you use to write and read secrets is open and can be used by any application.
- It keeps our sensitive data/credentials out of our Gitlab repositories.
- Sealing and unsealing the Vault on demand adds an additional layer of security.
- Vault requires a complex setup when getting started.
- Vault requires decisions around the backend type to be made up front.
- Vault tokens appear to be managed manually in most cases.
- Vault protects our application data from incidents.
- Vault has decreased the time it takes to provide access to sensitive data.
- Vault has provided great vault to our information security goals for this year.
Do you think HashiCorp Vault delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with HashiCorp Vault's feature set?
Did HashiCorp Vault live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of HashiCorp Vault go as expected?
Would you buy HashiCorp Vault again?