Overall Satisfaction with Infosec Skills
I took these Infosec [Skills] courses to get Cisco certifications, including the CCNA (Route/Switch) and CCNP (Route/Switch & Enterprise). These week+ long courses are very intense and fast-paced but very worth it. Make sure that your schedule is cleared for the duration of the class. Infosec took my working knowledge to a deeper level of understanding that I use every day as a network engineer. I will most certainly be taking more courses in the future.
- Provided a detailed map of the courses and what you need to learn/practice to keep up the pace.
- Instructors were responsive and available during and after the course.
- Course pricing was on the higher side compared to other companies, but the value for the higher premium still pays dividends to this day.
- The course started each day at 8 am. I live in US Central time, so it was no problem. However, there were students attending from California where it was 6 am for them. Maybe start classes at 9 [am]?
- Make class recordings available longer than 3 months from the course end, or make them available for purchase at least.
- A little less marketing to take more classes would be good. Sometimes feels like a little too much email.
Do you think Infosec Skills delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Infosec Skills's feature set?
Did Infosec Skills live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Infosec Skills go as expected?
Would you buy Infosec Skills again?
- After my courses, I was able to obtain my CCNA (passed [on] first attempt) and my CCNP (passed [on] second attempt). This is far better than the average passing rate.
- Professionally, I [got] a new job as a network engineer and then promoted to a Network Engineer II after completing my CCNP. I have seen a 40% salary increase over the last three years.
As a network engineer, my team works closely with the network security team. These courses have given me the understanding to communicate better with this team and more efficiently set new goals, quantify results, and set metrics for success. Being able to take a concept and interpret it into a functional rule is extremely important and is what separates job positions and pay grades. Infosec [Skills] gave me such tools and concepts.
The labs and coursework offered during my classes were first class. We were actually given virtual machines hosted in the cloud to do all the lab processing, exam practices, and virtual hardware simulations. This allowed you to access and practice from anywhere. No beefy computer is needed on your part. However, I highly recommend having dual screens during the lectures. This way, you can watch the instructional video on one and follow along/take notes on the other.
Information and cloud-based virtual labs are accessible anywhere as long as you have an internet connection. All of the coursework, PDF's, lab files, and credentials were given on the first day of class. This was great so that I could stay organized and have a real understanding of what to expect.
I feel the classes offered by Infosec [Skills] are best suited for professionals who [want] to take the "next step" in their careers. If you are a help desk employee who [wants] to get their CCNA and become an engineer, then this is an excellent way to get there quickly. The material is given in such a way that it really sinks in for the long term.