InsideSales.com provides a sales acceleration platform that is built on Neuralytics, a predictive and prescriptive self-learning engine that drives revenue growth by delivering an optimized experience for both the salesperson and buyer.
Sales Gamification Software
Sales Gamification Software Overview
What is Sales Gamification Software?
Sales gamification software, also called sales competition or sales contest software, allows sales managers to monitor and influence sales performance through competitions, games, and competitive rankings displays. The aim is to motivate salespeople to sell more within a given time frame. Often the competition centers on a particular product or selling to a particular type of customer, depending on the organization’s goals and KPIs.
Stack-ranked leaderboards are the most common and most traditional form of sales team competition, but some software allows for more complex team games, one-on-one challenges, and mini-games for working on individual skills and performance goals. All sales gamification products include game templates (predesigned competitions); more advanced platforms enable managers to design custom competitions, and some, like Hoopla, even allow salespeople to challenge each other to competitions. While customization of sales games can boost engagement and help shape company culture, the amount of content and administration required from sales managers to keep competitions running and interesting is an important consideration for prospective buyers.
Sales Team Motivation: Using a Gamification Platform to Boost CRM Adoption
Sales gamification software is also used to motivate the adoption of new sales technology, particularly CRM systems—if sales reps want their game scores and rankings to be accurate and up to date, they must consistently enter their data into the CRM system that feeds the game. Currently, most sales gamification platforms use a sports-inspired game and display style, designed to capitalize on the social fervor, adrenaline, and running stats we’re used to seeing in athletic news. This is thought to not only inspire the game players themselves, but also create a culture of fandom and community support. In addition to CRM integration (which contributes the performance data), sales gamification software may integrate with social collaboration tools, allowing employees to share/post wins and show public support of team performance.
Sales Performance Reporting & Mobile Gamification Apps
Although metrics may not be displayed in the
usual spreadsheet or dashboard views, reporting is a major function and benefit
of sales gamification software. Sales gamification platforms offer a
centralized sales performance reporting interface, typically through TV
streaming and mobile apps, that is engaging, interactive, and allows reps and
managers to see individual vs. team performance. Mobile functionality is an
important consideration when selecting sales gamification software, and not all
products offer the same level of mobile game interaction. Buyers should ask
about whether users can view progress and statistics, make competition
adjustments, and/or participate in competitions from the mobile app.
Sales Incentive Contests
Sales competition software is sometimes used in conjunction with sales incentive compensation management software and/or a broader sales performance management program. Whereas sales ICM usually has a monetary focus, motivating reps by adjusting their commission and bonuses, gamification platforms utilize game dynamics to heighten competition between salespeople and raise the stakes for improving on personal goals. ICM and gamification features may both be included (and interrelated) in an SPM suite. For example, sales contest results may power the incentive compensation management logic, so that leading sales people (game winners) receive special compensation.
Sales Gamification Software Features & Capabilities
Although each vendor takes a slightly different approach, these are some common features of gamification solutions designed for sales teams:
- Sales contest templates: Includes pre-designed sales competitions based on common sales goals and KPIs.
- Custom sales contests: System administrators and/or players can design customized sales competitions, with different challenges, types of rewards, etc., depending on company culture, goals, and KPIs.
- Team competitions: Enables contests involving groups of employees playing against one another, rather than one-on-one competitions or every rep for themselves (as with a leaderboard).
- Multiple competitions: Allows for multiple competitions of different types to be going on simultaneously; this kind of complexity is especially important for enterprises.
- Contest flexibility: Administrators can make adjustments to competition design, duration, etc. as needed, allowing sales managers to test and modify different competitive dynamics for agile improvement. Also helps keep contests aligned with current company goals.
- Sales rep view: Sales reps have their own profiles/personal view of the platform to monitor performance, progress, and goals. May include mini-games or coaching; often mobile access is important.
- Mobile game functionality: Users can view results or participate in games and contests on their mobile devices.
- Game notifications & updates: Managers and players receive notifications about game developments, game/quota deadlines, and updated competitive rankings.
- Social competition/Game collaboration: There is a social element to the competition; the gamification software allows users to post, like, share, and comment on each others’ wins and losses, or integrates to the company’s social/collaboration channel(s). May also allow non-salespeople to get involved.
- Integration to Salesforce: Pulls sales performance data and details from Salesforce CRM.
- Sales performance reporting: Gamification software reports on individual and team sales results in an engaging, clear, and simple way.
- TV streaming: Results of competitions, along with other motivational and competitive material, can be televised. This may be a matter of digitally displaying the sales performance report (static), or may be more like a news report/continuous content feed.
Sales Gamification Products
Listings (1-22 of 22)
LevelEleven is sales gamification software meant to both identify key sales performance behaviors, and drive performance by incenting positive sales behaviors once they're discovered. Billed as "Fitbit for sales", LevelEleven creates engagement and visibility of top and poorest performers (and t…
Ambition is a sales gamification software solution offered by Ambition Inc.
Bunchball Nitro for Salesforce is a sales gamification software solution offered by Bunchball.
Qstream headquartered in Burlington, Massachusetts offers their eponymous sales enablement application.
Zoho Motivator is a sales gamification solution designed to work with Zoho CRM to drive desired practices in sales teams and boost revenue while ensuring that sales teams have fun in the process. Zoho Motivator works alongside Zoho CRM and is aimed at helping users get the most out of their software…
Centrical in New York (formerly GamEffective) invites businesses to drive employee experience and growth using real-time performance management, personalized microlearning, and advanced gamification, with their eponymous technology platform.
Sparta is a sales gamification software solution offered by Hysminai AB.
WaveAccess CRM Gamification Tool is a sales gamification software solution offered by WaveAccess.
Masskom is a sales gamification software solution offered by Masskom, Inc.
Monitae helps create engaging, fun, customizable competitions that encourage performance. Some key features include: Sales Contest Builder and Integration with CRMs.
repignite is a sales gamification software solution offered by Repignite.com.
Apparound Gamification is a sales gamification software solution offered by Apparound.
CRMGamified is a sales gamification software solution offered by CRMGamified.
SuMo Motivate is a sales gamification software solution offered by CloudApps.
WideAngle's (formerly Rivalry) sales coaching platform increases sales organization performance by providing a framework for coaching through gamification. It is focused on managing ongoing 1:1 meetings. WideAngle brings training and coaching out of the seminar rooms and onto the sales floor, the go…
Greatify is a solution that is designed to help automate employee contest and incentive management for sales and customer service teams. According to the vendor, with Greatify, employees know what to do at any given moment, can monitor their progress in real time, and receive feedback/encouragement …
Zurmo is an open-source is a customer relationship management (CRM) software built as social CRM with mobile availability.
TopRung aims to use the power of team competition to align, adopt, and accelerate your sales activities and outcomes. The tool helps you unleash the power of team competitions to drive alignment to corporate metrics, sales process adoption, and accelerate sales conversations, meetings and revenue. T…
SalesScreen aims to help teams boost engagement, motivation and performance on key activities by aligning task completion with rewards, celebrations and recognition in real-time. SalesScreen offers a toolbox that includes leaderboards, contests, event celebrations, data visualization, performance m…
Microsoft Dynamics 365 - Gamification is the product formerly known as FantasySalesTeam, originally developed by the Austin based company of the same name, a sales gamification platform acquired by Microsoft (August, 2015).