A Marketer's Tool for Simple to Complex Email Campaignshttps://www.trustradius.com/marketing-automationOracle EloquaUnspecified7.84541012018-12-21T16:42:54.982Z
December 21, 2018
A Marketer's Tool for Simple to Complex Email Campaigns
Score 7 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Oracle Eloqua
We use Eloqua as the central hub for all campaigns throughout ADP. Every single physical and digital campaign runs through Eloqua in one way or another. Eloqua is our system of record you could say. Eloqua is our main tool for email campaigns for many groups within the company and helps us centralize and manage the volume of interactions we have with customers and prospects. All lead forms are also controlled through Eloqua which allows us to maintain a strict standard of lead qualification.
- Having used several platforms, I have found that Eloqua is a great tool for Marketers. It really shines in a B2B environment where e-commerce is not the goal, but controlled communication is the main goal.
- Eloqua's Campaign canvas is extremely powerful yet easy for mildly skilled marketing teams to use and create complex engagement tracks.
- Eloqua can feel like a loosely connected tool until you gain experience. No wizards or controlled step through setups are offered beyond simple sends.
- Eloqua has powerful reporting and metrics but takes a skilled individual to extract and massage this data into logical and understandable results.
- Front-end development tools are very simplistic. It is still best to build all of your email and landing pages in HTML and connect to Eloqua.
Eloqua does not really have a limit on scale and can support huge organizations with massive amounts of data. Our organization uses Eloqua to control all campaign/marketing efforts by injecting all touches with the customer into the tool. Using tools like Eloqua Profiler allows our Sales teams to view interactions that a customer or prospect has had with our website, emails, landing page and more.
- Eloqua is key to driving ROI from many forms of prospect interaction. Using the tools to its fullest has allowed us to create a data warehouse where we get an exact ROI on efforts.
- By centralizing all campaign efforts through Eloqua we have the ability to draw connections between where our dollars are paying us back
Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC) is very powerful, but really requires a lot of technical folks to do the day to day marketing with a lot of scripting required to do what is built into Eloqua. SFMC is much better equipped to work with e-commerce systems as its API seems richer and more in line with what a large e-commerce platform would like to work with. But Eloqua is truly built for Marketing teams to use on a daily basis.
Eloqua is not suited for e-commerce as much as it is suited for marketing teams building campaigns. Building multistep campaigns that drive emails based on activities is a strong suit for Eloqua. Doing this without highly skilled technical teams is possible and is where Eloqua shines over other tools. Its form backend processing is far superior to other tools in allowing complex decisions to be made based on answers where other tools require scripting.