Overall Satisfaction with Oracle WebLogic Application Server
WebLogic is currently being used by our dev team to deploy web services locally on their machines so they can run and test the services without having to go through a web browser. It enables testing and debugging straight from a developer's local machine in their own development environment of choice. It's a great way to decouple the actual service instance from a dev or test environment.
- Easy to deploy web services and applications locally
- Provides an easy to manage console to control various aspects of the application
- Easy to set up the environment
- Could use more documentation
- A little hard to integrate it with IDEs for testing
- Very expensive
- Sped up development and testing times for small teams
- Small learning curve for new developers
WebLogic is well suited for deploying and testing web services or applications. It is best to use it when testing on the actual service or application directly. It separates the actual instance of the service from a test instance. However, this might not be an ideal tool if you are on a low budget as WebLogic is very expensive.