SharpSpring review from Holland
March 30, 2018
SharpSpring review from Holland
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with SharpSpring
We are a Search Marketing Agency and we use SharpSpring as a marketing automation tool for our clients. E-mail marketing is often part of the online marketing strategy we set out. We help set-up/implement SharpSpring, give advice or create the content that is needed, brainstorm overflows and offer support for the client when they have any questions or need help once we have started marketing automation. For our clients, it helps them automate sending e-mails and helps segment their prospects. All with the end goal to drive them towards a conversion.
- Onboarding was really good. Tailored to our specific needs and usually very vast replies on questions and answers.
- It is easy to manage your clients and work in the accounts of your clients.
- Once you get the hang of using flows, there are a lot of possibilities to work with
- The sales process (pipeline) has no automation functionality. It would be great if this could be automated to some extend as well.
- You can only create triggers on actions that people take. Not on actions people do not take. To create this it often takes a workaround. For example, it is not possible to create a trigger on 'did not open e-mail'.
- We are a Dutch agency, and the tooling SharpSpring uses for recognizing who visits your website is quite poor in Holland. We do not get a lot of data. Would be great if the could partner up with a Dutch party for this. That would give us a bit more value.
- Some things could use an update. For example button creation in e-mails, this has limited possibilities.
- Some things are not adjustable. Like the message people get whet they unsubscribe. We would like to make this a bit more personal / friendlier but this is not possible.
- For some clients, it price did not weigh up to the benefits
- Some clients find the system hard because they are used to tools like Mailchimp wich are a bit more designed towards user experience. Because they find SharpSpring hard to grasp or are not quite committed they sometimes have trouble seeing its value.
- Generating leads that get converted and filtering out which leads to follow-up on. It saves time because you can decide better which leads to follow-up. You can skip not interesting leads so this time can then be used to follow-up quality leads. This makes the sales process more efficient. Hard to put an exact ROI on that.
- Active Campaign and HubSpot
We tried SharpSpring before so it was easy to start again because we already knew how it worked. HubSpot is quite expensive and Active Campaign is a bit simple. So SharpSpring is a good in-between solution. But we like to keep options open and always try to advise our clients on the tool that offers the needed features for the best price.
If you want to create simple flows and are a small business I think there are less expensive tools that get the same things done. SharpSpring is a bit harder to learn but does offer a bit more functionalities. So if you are a bit larger sized company and have long flows with lots of bit's and but's SharpSpring is a good tool for you.