Overall Satisfaction with SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor
SolarWinds SAM helps us track performance on our Microsoft SQL and IIS workloads. A great tool to hold historical data to investigate current performance issues. SolarWinds SAM templates have everything we are looking for and were great in helping us get set up quickly. We love the SolarWinds product lines and can't wait to see what else is coming up from them.
- Hold historical performance data
- Easy to use templates
- Out of the box compatibility for Microsoft SQL and IIS workloads
- Orion has some learning curve
- SQL database set up can be difficulty
- Some baselines could be easier to configure
- Easier to diagnose performance issues
- Great for holding historical data
- Great insight into SQL server statistics
We do not see any alternatives to the SolarWinds Sever and Application Monitor in this space. Most other monitoring is not in depth enough for our use or is to difficult to set up. SolarWinds SAM is the best mix of detail application performance monitoring combined with easy to deploy templates.
SolarWinds has been working great for our SQL and IIS workloads. We do not use it for anything besides that as these are the only workloads that we would like detailed information on. We aren't using the up/down or storage limit monitors as something simplier like IPMon is better suited for those simple checks.