Overall Satisfaction with Totara LMS
The entire organization uses totara LMS. We are spread across 103 sites in NZ, so we needed a way to get all of our people to access compliance and essential technical training regardless of how remotely they are based. We also needed to be able to track and report on whether people had completed their compliance courses and other learning events that were being released. We have also worked with our provider to create a skills Matrix Plugin that allows our front line managers to assess each of their team against a list of skills assigned to their particular jobs. The manager can then run a report that allows them to prioritize the tasks the person cannot yet perform and then assign the learner those training sessions that match the skills they need. This will enable managers across the country to see exactly where there is any risk in terms of a lack of a particular skill in their office. It also allows learners to go into the skills matrix and see what skills they might need to move into a different role.
- Easy user interface with good ability to brand to your own environment.
- Relatively easy to administrate yourself.
- Reporting can be a little inflexible - sometimes, the report cannot be customized to have all the columns you need as they are not available from that area of the LMS.
- Graphic reporting needs some more work to be a bit more professional looking.
- Compliance risk has noticeably decreased as we are now sitting at about 96% compliance.
- Overall training spend markedly decreased as we can give people access to online alternatives
Easy to access both local support and support/advice from other Totara LMS users as we keep in regular contact as a part of the totara government users group. Our vendor also keeps in touch with this group and a lot of knowledge is shared. It's easy to access the Totara LMS users academy, and one of my administrators has also set up a local forum where they ask each other questions and share knowledge as well. Our vendor is easy to access via our support plan and we have monthly catch-ups with our account manager where we hear about anything new coming up.
Do you think Totara LMS delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Totara LMS's feature set?
Did Totara LMS live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Totara LMS go as expected?
Would you buy Totara LMS again?
- Pretty easy to use and loads plug-ins that can give you some useful functionality - also the fact that everyone who uses Totara LMS can create plug-ins as they come up with new ways of using the LMS makes it a dynamic environment. If you need a piece of functionality, ask around - someone may have developed it already as a plug-in, or you can work with your vendor to create it yourself. It's not expensive to add new plug-ins, although creating them costs a little more, it's well worth it for the end result — lots of support and user groups available to share ideas and learn from.
- Easy to add your own courses, quizzes, and resources, and easy to add external courses using the integration options.
- In my experience, you have to bring the reports into Excel to properly analyze the data, so they do need to do a bit more work on reporting.