Overall Satisfaction with UiPath Enterprise RPA Platform
UiPath is one of the tools we have been using for the past 2 years for various processes and research within our organization. Be it HR or Financial process related use cases, it will fetch us quick results. You can expect a ROI within a span of 6-8 months based upon the case. We have recommended UiPath to many of our customers in US and have sold good number of licenses too.
- It will be helpful in automating processes both back office and for front office operations.
- A cost-effective software for those who are in initial stages of automation initiatives.
- Shorter processing times using UiPath Automation when compared to manual processes.
- The scalability options is one area where they need to work upon when compared with two other leading softwares in the market.
- AI support is another area which further needs to be fine tuned to suit the growing automation needs.
- We were able to get our ROI within 6-8 months and the same goes with most of the customers whom we have provided our RPA services using UiPath.
Many of our customers preferred UiPath for their automation initiatives because they provide a viable economical price range and they offer multiple options to choose from. Customers can get customized price quotes as per their needs.
Do you think UiPath Enterprise RPA Platform delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with UiPath Enterprise RPA Platform's feature set?
Did UiPath Enterprise RPA Platform live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of UiPath Enterprise RPA Platform go as expected?
Would you buy UiPath Enterprise RPA Platform again?
In our experience so far we were able to see improved process efficiency levels for the functions where we have implemented Automation across various functions for our customers. They are pretty satisfied and are exploring more use cases from other functions within in their organization. There are few other customers who have a clear roadmap to setup a RPA COE with UiPath as the core function and we are happy to be part of these initiatives as well.
Using UiPath Enterprise RPA Platform
21 - We have been using UiPath RPA in many of our internal functional processes be it Financial, Shared Services, Accounting, HR operations. We have been working on a day to day basis in our research team too where they are working on some of the use cases where we have done some process exploration so far. We are still working on it and are learning many new things out of this tool and we are frequently getting updated with the updates from UiPath Team
7 - We are having a combination of Technical and Non-technical people who are working on the applications and are regularly supporting the service requirements both internally and externally to many of our customers. This space has been drawing a lot of attention and I am sure our support team strength will increase in the days to come. The skill sets required to support the platform is not that complex and I am sure it wont require strong programming skill set for sure.
- Purchase Order Processing
- Pay Roll Processing
- Sales order processing
- Inventory Management related sub processes
- AI is one area where we are able to bring in some innovative touch to our approaches
- As of now most of the use cases are around the regular F&A use cases. Yes we are looking forward to work around use cases pertaining to the retail sector around POS Systems
This platform has so much potential and have been garnering a lot of attention by proving benefits in terms of saving operational and manpower costs. I am sure with minute efforts we were able to achieve our ROI and the same is the case with many of our customers whom we have been working around Digital Automation initiatives.
Evaluating UiPath Enterprise RPA Platform and Competitors
- Product Features
- Product Usability
- Product Reputation
- Positive Sales Experience with the Vendor
- Analyst Reports
We have done enough research to choose this platform when we thought of going ahead with RPA initiatives within our organization and to many of our clients. Be it the reviews, market feedback about the tool features, competitive pricing and customized pricing is one option which we liked the most about this tool.
With the new Process Gold tool in place which UiPath have acquired recently which we still need to explore and work upon, I think if at all we need to start again we will do enough research on the process selection part in order to pick up the best line of process work/s which are more suitable for RPA.