Overall Satisfaction with UiPath Enterprise RPA Platform
UiPath Enterprise RPA Platform is used both internally and externally to automate our customers' business processes. The reference department is IT services. For internal services I have personally developed robots that support the compilation of forecast and backlog data relating to ongoing projects. For our customers, particularly in the energy sector, we automate business processes.
- UiPath is very simple to learn.
- Any type of application can be automated (Desktop Application, Web Application and also applications reachable only via remote technologies such as Citrix, Remote Desktop and so on).
- The writing of a process code takes place entirely through the use of objects. In the event that there were no objects capable of solving a particular problem, it is possible to use some languages of the .net platform such as: VB.net, C#.
- It is easy to scale the solution by adding more robots to run a process in case the solution requires more performance in the future.
- It can also be used by functional analysts to design the flow to be automated.
- An academy is available online where basic and advanced courses can be taken. It is also possible to take a completely free basic certification.
- To understand how a robot is working in a production environment, good log management is required. This is a point that can certainly be improved.
- There is no clear separation between the design of the flow and its development. If you do not write the code in an orderly manner it is a bit difficult to change it later.
- Uipath provides queues that are very useful and complex objects. A tool that allows a "manual" entry into the queues can be useful for all phases of the process life cycle.
- One of the fully automated processes required 10 minutes of work by a consultant for each ticket. This means that after 8 hours of uninterrupted work (but no one can work continuously for 8 hours) the consultant would have closed 48 tickets. The robot for the same process takes 30 seconds, so in 8 hours it works 960 tickets.
- A robot can work 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
- The UiPath platform is composed of a server part called Orchestrator that provides all the tools to efficiently schedule the robots.
UiPath is a young platform and for this reason contains all the new technologies born in recent years. Blue Prism platform is older than UiPath and this is "felt" when trying to develop a flow using both products. Training a new resource to use UiPath is easier than training it to use Blue Prism. UiPath is more integrated in .net platform than Blue Prism.
We have always been well supported by UiPath for all the problems encountered. There is also a free online community where you can discuss and find examples to solve all kinds of problems. Frequently, new versions of the platform are released, divided into two types: FTS versions that contains the latest features and LTS versions that include features requiring fewer updates over the UiPath platform's lifetime.
Do you think UiPath Automation Platform delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with UiPath Automation Platform's feature set?
Did UiPath Automation Platform live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of UiPath Automation Platform go as expected?
Would you buy UiPath Automation Platform again?
Most back office processes of any type of company: Finance, Banks, Energy, Public Administration, Telecommunications and so on, can be automated. If the process requires the reading of handwritten or badly scanned documents, then it leaves it for a possible "second phase".