UltiPro is used across the whole organization for recruiting, onboarding, timekeeping, employee self service, payroll, hr administration and management reporting.
- The Payroll process in BackOffice works very well for us. Upload templates for earnings and deductions are simple and provide an easy way to get mass pay items into the pay batches.
- We have very complex pay rules, particularly for our union employees. UTA is flexible enough to accommodate the majority of these rules and remove the bulk of the responsibility of accurately recording different types of pay for these union employees.
- Our biggest issues are the lack of seamless information flow from UTA to Payroll and from eRecruit to Onboarding to employee records. We have been frustrated with having to enter data multiple times.
- Work flow for leave approval in UTA is a common complaint from managers in the company. A link from the e-mail notification directly to the approval page (with sign in if not previously signed in) is a high volume request.
- Our HR and Payroll departments have been able to provide quicker responses to our employees
- Management reporting and the types of data readily available for analysis is greatly improved over our previous system
- ADP and Kronos timekeeping
UltiPro is vastly superior to the several different non-integrated systems we previously utilized for HR Admin, Payroll and timekeeping. UltiPro was selected based on the breadth of products offered and the perceived seamless integration of these systems. We have had issues with the integration part though, and look forward to improvements in the products that will get us closer to what we originally expected from the tools.
We are currently going into an RFP process to evaluate different offerings. While the powers that be in the company have different goals, my hope is that this process will help to identify functionality that we may not know about in UltiPro to confirm the choice made six years ago to implement.
We have a very diverse workforce heavily regulated by government and union entities. Ultimate does have functionality to handle the majority of our scenarios which were previously handled in five or six different systems and required several manual processes.