December 02, 2020
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with VixWin Platinum
VixWin Platinum is a software that allows you to view and take dental radiographs/x-rays. I have used VixWin Platinum through several different dental scheduling programs such as Softdent, EagleSoft, Dentrix, etc. It is quite easy to use, easy to navigate, straightforward when it comes to mounting x-rays, adjusting the sharpness/contrast etc., and exporting and importing dental images and x-rays from other offices (e.g., if we important a pano from the oral surgeon or if we send a periapical x-ray to the periodontist, we can save it to desktop or email it straight through the program). It allows for each patient's x-rays to be saved all in their chart via cloud-based storage.
- Easy to use--pretty straightforward, especially when rotating x-rays, sharpening an image, and choosing between different mounts.
- You can set up the mounts how you like it (e.g., if you take a lot of bitewings, you can set up an easy-access "four bitewing" mount).
- Easy to import and export images when needed.
- There needs to be an easy way to "move" x-rays from one patient's chart to another. For example, it happens when you take x-rays under the wrong chart and need to move them. Sometimes in the process of moving them, they get lost.
- Easy to take x-rays; easy to see if I need to retake/move image
- It is nice that you can bring image up larger for the patient to view--great for patient education
- Disappointing when you can't find an x-ray you just took; it may disappear
VixWin Platinum is basic but I still find it better than EagleSoft's dental x-ray system. VixWin Platinum has more options to edit and play with the contrast then EagleSoft's x-rays. I also feels as though the quality of x-rays is much better in VixWin Platinum than in EagleSoft (I get a lot of overexposed images in EagleSoft, even after adjusting the exposure).
Very easy to use and train on (extremely user friendly). It is pretty straightforward and easy to follow, especially if you are new to the dental field or not comfortable using computers and/or programs. (I was in an office that was using charts then went paperless; many of the staff members found VixWin Platinum easy to transition into).
I have never personally reached out to VixWin, but from watching other members of my offices/dental field reach out, I have noticed that they were on the phone for a decent amount of time when it came to resolving issues with VixWin Platinum. The issue was always resolved but it did take a decent amount of time (a few hours at a time).
Do you think VixWin Platinum delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with VixWin Platinum's feature set?
Did VixWin Platinum live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of VixWin Platinum go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy VixWin Platinum again?
VixWin Platinum is suitable in a general/pediatric dental setting; it seems to be used in many offices I have been in--not sure if that's because of the price or maybe because it is so easy to use. I believe if you are a speciality practice where you need higher quality x-rays or more options in regards to x-ray editing, VixWin Platinum may not be the best. In my opinion, VixWin Platinum is basic. Be aware of the need for storage (depending on how large your practice is).