Overall Pretty Good!
March 23, 2020
Overall Pretty Good!
Score 7 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Workday Cloud Platform
Workday Cloud Platform is used throughout the entire organization. We use it as a means for hourly workers to clock their hours, for employees to submit time off, for HR to send out offers and hire in employees and more. It creates a main source for employees to turn to for any HRIS needs.
- Ease of Use for Hourly Employees - It is very easy and intuitive for hourly employees to clock in and out, track their hours, submit time off and so on. The app just recently underwent an update that made it even easier to clock in and out quickly with access from the homepage.
- Inbox feature - Workday will send you tasks to your Workday inbox and guide you through completing them step-by-step. It makes learning new process and tasks all the more easy when you have a guide to help.
- Customizable dispositions for candidates - The recruiting department will use completely customizable dispositions for job application candidates. This is a great feature for those hiring.
- Glitching - Occasionally the app will glitch and shut down completely. Sometimes it can be when you are in the middle of something timely, causing frustration and issues. I haven't seen this happen as often recently.
- Inbox - It would be helpful if Workday developed a feature to organize inbox tasks based off what department they are for, what the task is and so on. So you can quickly filter or look for the task at hand.
- Candidate Tracking - Hiring managers throughout the company work with the HR department to track candidates, schedule interviews and so on. Workday does not always have the best interface in this regard. It could use a feedback feature for hiring managers to be able to be more involved, as they can be on other platforms.
- Workday Cloud Platform makes it so all employees within the organization have one place to turn for HR needs specifically. This is a positive as it has eliminated the need for other platforms.
- On the opposite end of the spectrum, I know that the recruiting department still uses other platforms (costing money) to support their needs and to recruit the best talent. It does not do everything for everyone.
- Workday has the ability to quickly hire in employees or contractors which helps get the new employee/contractor access and permissions to the teams projects. Very time efficient.
Workday is used very differently within our organization than Workable is. Workday is used as an all encompassing HRIS for the whole company. It is the main hub. However, Workable is used more specifically by the HR/ recruiting department when working with hiring managers for job applicants and potential candidates.
I give it this rating because, in its current capacity, it does not meet all of Human Resources' needs - which can cost the organization by having to rely on multiple platforms to do what one might be able to do. Again, as mentioned, it works great for what most employees require of it.
Do you think Workday Cloud Platform delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Workday Cloud Platform's feature set?
Did Workday Cloud Platform live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Workday Cloud Platform go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy Workday Cloud Platform again?
The Workday Cloud Platform is best suited for larger companies that have mass amounts of employees to keep track of and many departments to hire for. I would not recommend Workday for a startup or smaller company. The HRIS (Human Resources Information Systems) abilities are best used in large companies that have large needs from across the business that need to rely on one source.