Workfront really does provide visibilty and flexibility to managing your Portfolios
Overall Satisfaction with Workfront
- Workfront provides visibility across all of the organisation's portfolios and holds one source of the truth.
- Project finances can be managed in real-time with timesheet entries impacting the project budget as soon as the time is entered.
- Workfront allows for the customisation of the fields for data to be entered. As an organisation we can capture the information we want to see as well as the information that Workfront suggests is captured.
- Having different divisions that manage different processes and delivery lifecycles isn't an issue as 'groups' can have project statuses, processes, and approvals that reflect their needs without impacting other 'groups'.
- Each object (task, project, portfolio, etc...) can have its own permission level so that only the users that can access it are the ones that should be able to access it.
- The reporting functionality allows aesthetically pleasing reports and charts to be viewed on demand in real-time.
- Some of the options in the tool are hard coded and are unable to be customised to show language that is used in our organisation.
- Not all changes are time stamped and recorded in a table that can be used for reporting. This causes issues if you want to see how long something has displayed a particular status or measure how long change initiatives take to complete each stage.
- There is no ability to manage a change of cost and billing rates on a set date. All changes are real-time so planned rate changes have to be updated in the tool when the change happens and project budgets will not reflect the rate change until the update is made.
- Workfront has give us the ability to manage workflows and approvals with out the need to send emails to achieve sign off to proceed with project delivery.
- Workfront has provided us with visibility of what our teams are working on and what our costs are.
- We now have visibility of the portfolios for the divisions where is has been adopted. Workfront is regarded as our source of the truth for change initiatives and is used to provide information to stakeholders. Without having one source of the truth this would be a time consuming and difficult task.
- Having Workfront available to us allows us to look at other internal processes that could be automated/made more efficient that would not have been in scope during it's implementation. As it is versatile it has given us another option without the need to go directly to vendors for potential solutions.
Workfront is well suited to an organisation that has its own custom delivery lifecycle or has divisions or teams that want to work in different ways. Layout options, groups, teams and sharing options allow the system administrator to control who can see what information and in what way. Work can be placed into portfolios to allow permissions to be given from the top down or permissions can be given from the bottom up depending o the organisation's requirements.
As Workfront has a high level of customisation it can be manipulated to manage work in many ways, as long as you have a system admin that knows what they are doing.