Likelihood to Recommend
Abacus has been great for our small startup of 37 employees, it has grown with our team since we were very small. Since we have not experienced it as a bigger company, I am not sure what the scalability would be like. If you're looking for a site with a cleaner look that is easy to use, Abacus is it. I haven't had to reach out to customer service yet because I haven't had any issues. If that isn't proof positive of how easy it is to use, I don't know what is!
Tallie is a great solution for people using Quickbooks Desktop. The set-up is a bit difficult, but once it is customized to your needs, it does a great job. I haven't used it with QBO so I'm not sure of the ease of use with that accounting software.
- It is very easy for employees to upload their expense receipts to abacus.
- Abacus has an easy UI.
- We haven't had any issues with their customer service team not responding when asked.
- Tallie has an app that allows easy upload of receipts to the cloud.
- Has the ability to categorize spending to Jobs, Items and Class in QuickBooks syncing.
- Notifies me, the bookkeeper, via email of completed expense reports by the user.
- When you upload a receipt to abacus it would be great to port in the information from the receipt to the text fields.
- It would be good to have a more automated way for Abacus to integrate in with other payroll systems.
- It would be nice to have more levels of permissions, e.g. manager level, administer level and employee level.
- Tallie could improve the rate at which the charges download from American Express. A daily update would be more time efficient.
- Tallie could improve the editing of the Expense Categories and how you assign them to expenses and items.
I used expensify in my last role, however it was at a bigger company so I was not involved in the process besides being a user. Abacus seems easier to use from a user perspective. It would be great to have a better integration with our payroll system, but it seems like with all softwares, you can't have it all
Return on Investment
- It does seem like they are still working out some kinks in the web and mobile apps – a few times the app has crashed. But they're also very fast to push updates.
- The benefits are simple. No one likes taking time out of their day to do expense reporting. Abacus speeds that process up considerably. The interface is clean, and I'm able to see what expenses are pending vs. expenses that are already cleared.
- The benefit from a user standpoint is that it adds an element of organization to a process that is typically disorganized. It has saved us numerous hours.
- Tallie has cut back on the time it takes me to collect receipts from all the users and scan them in, match to statement, etc. Huge time saver!!
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
Abacus Editions & Modules
1. Per User per Month
Additional Pricing Details—
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Tallie Editions & Modules