<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>Score 8.7 out of 101
Based on 87 reviews and ratings
Likelihood to Recommend
Adobe Phone Gap
If you want to teach your team or students how to program and learn programming languages, you would not want to utilize Phone Gap software. The Phone Gap software creates an easy fix to avoid learning every programming language for mobile devices. This creates a learning curve for some programmers because they no longer need to learn every language to be successful. However, for personal growth, this could pose an issue if programmers need to change jobs and are only capable of programming in web languages and then translate them using Phone Gap.Adobe Phone Gap works wonderfully for what our company uses it for. We use it because we have app launch deadlines and our programmers are invested in the company; therefore, they are aware that output is our goal, not actually learning the various languages, but more making sure the client is happy
Mendix is very well suited for work in an Agile Scrum setting. In Gartner's BiModal IT framework it's the perfect tool for your Mode 2 development, where business and IT work closely together on small and large applications.It starts to become less suited when your software requirements get very specific and deviate from the Mendix design. Mendix is very adaptable, but the upsides disappear when you start making everything custom.
- Adobe Phone Gap has an extremely simple user interface that allows for easy learning to occur.
- Adobe Phone Gap provides support for web languages and allows you to write in three of the main languages and transfer them to another language for use. This solves a common programming issue and is the greatest strength of the software.
- Their desktop application allows for easy installation and programming.
- Adobe provides quick support with questions about how to use the software.
- The build interface notifies you of errors extremely quickly and helps identify the issue in your programming. You get an easy idea of what needs to be updated and adjusted.
- We have been able to turn out 3 "products" within 18 months which is something that has not occurred within our organization before.
- We have quickly and easily developed a UI that our end users absolutely love.
- We have been able to increase our business brought into the organization by almost 17% for the first product and we expect the same increase if not more for the 2 additional products set to release this year
- The response from Mendix support has been great and they have even helped to prioritize changes in their platform that were needed for our organization and others based on issues we found in early platforms.
Team Lead in Information TechnologyInsurance Company, 1001-5000 employees
- I would like to see the ability to write mobile applications using SWIFT and then use Phone Gap software or plug-ins to be able to transfer the iOS language into the Android language or to Java, CSS and HTML.
- We've experienced errors when transferring from one language to another. We worked on solving the issue and then had to simply adjust the native language and functionality for it to work.
- I have a team of graphic designers who would be able to like to assist in building of the apps but they are very limited, so perhaps adding functionality like a wix or weebly where there are options given that can drag and drop so marketing teams can support development.
- I think Mendix does a great job and have few areas of concern.
- It would behoove us to have Mendix deployed at other universities. Co-developing with other universities would be a tremendous boost for our operations and others.
- We are very interested in improving our game in the way we continue to develop our application. More on-line tutorials by expert staff, even if they required payment, would be preferable to sending employees to Boston or the Netherlands for expert training.
No answers yet
Based on 1 answer
A 10 would say I have nothing to wish for. A 9 means I haven't seen anything better.This tool really helps you in the whole creation and maintenace cycle, so from requirements to building/modeling to testing to deploying to capturing feedback.
No answers yet
Based on 3 answers
Response times are quick and you will get updates regularly about the status of your request. Even with very technical questions they have specialists that can help you with your problems it will give you an answer or help you with a work around.
We have not found competitors to Adobe Phone Gap that allows us to be able to code and transfer into alternative languages. The only alternative is to write in the languages required by apple and google in order to launch our apps on their devices and in their app stores. Using Phone Gap removes the learning curve of needing to write in each individual language and therefore would beat the competition because from what we have found and been recommended, there is no alternative to Adobe Phone Gap that is worth pursuing
We evaluated off-the-shelf products for handling the aforementioned tasks. None of them were a good match; there were three primary reasons:1. Poor mobile viewing experience. Not one of the evaluated products used responsive design or would consider and adaptive approach without tremendous costs incurred by us.2. Cost of change was expensive and time consuming. The turnaround time to make even simple changes was days to weeks. With Mendix, we make simple changes in minutes and deploy to production.3. Cloud hosting was not an option. None of the evaluated products supported cloud hosting. We are all tired of on premise servers crashing, not getting updated, requiring down time, etc
Return on Investment
- Adobe Phone Gap had a positive ROI. The cost is small in terms of financial investment and is also small in terms of educating employees on coding languages. The time it takes to learn how to use the software is minimal. Time is crucial to meet client deadlines and Phone Gap definitely assists in speed of production.
- The negative impact is that the coding process becomes monotonous since our employees are already experts in Java and HTML, and they have an interest in learning to write in Swift and Python. Using just web languages could be boring.
- As a business it helps to meet and exceed expectations and projections. The company expects to launch 7 apps within the next 7 months, and currently already have 2 apps ready to launch within the first month of using Adobe Phone Gap software.
- Without Mendix we could not have been where we are now. A development platform as Mendix can make the difference in a constantly changing environment.
- Upgrading to newer versions of Mendix is a breeze when you stay within a main version (e.g. M6.x to Mx6.x+1) and even between versions (Mx5 to Mx6) most of the time it is no problem at all and there are only minor changes needed to upgrade.
- Learning Mendix is simple. Just start playing with it and see for yourself how easy it is and feel the joy of developing applications.
Adobe Phone Gap—
Adobe Phone Gap
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Adobe Phone Gap Editions & Modules
Adobe Phone Gap
Additional Pricing Details—
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?
Mendix Editions & Modules
1. per month (billed annually)
2. per month (billed annually)