Likelihood to Recommend
It is suitable for making portable applications, with almost the same code for several platforms. You can access native features of the device or use an open source plug-in from the repository to create a local database and access the internal storage of the device. It is wonderful for the construction of a native application, through the use of standard web code. It is not recommended for enterprise applications.
Depending on a site's structure, and a team's business flow, Moovweb could be a great fit for a business looking to optimize its desktop site for mobile and tablet devices. Given that more and more businesses are designing for "Mobile First" or at least making pages tap-friendly for tablet devices, there are cases where some businesses will find responsive or simplified designs as a good enough solution. However, for a large portion of sites, a unique experience is needed for mobile and a different experience is needed for tablet. Customer moments are different, and a single site that simply "fits" onto a smaller screen really doesn't address the change in the customer moment. Moovweb is able to transform the desktop site into optimized sites that streamline the experience into what is most impactful to the customer in that moment, based on business logic and with minimal support. After considering a responsive site, the Moovweb solution was the right choice for our business and for our customers, and the results are proving we made the right choice.
- Cordova does an amazing job in the field of hybrid application is super easy to use and functional.
- Excellent UI team for mobile friendly designs
- More robust technology that allows for desktop changes to flow naturally through to M&T with minimal updates
- Strong partnership and commitment for keeping the business' and customers' needs as the top priority
- It is not completely automatic since if you write individual style information for each platform objective, you can not make Córdova automatically apply the transormation at compile time; you have to change the linked style manually.
- The support is deficient in general.
- Configuration and use can be complicated as it requires the use of the command line.
- Depending on how your site is built and maintained, there may be a different solution that will be a better option for your business and customer needs.
- At the end of the day, this is another layer that is added to your development plan and time to ensure updates work across multiple devices. Moovweb is really good about the turn-time for these updates, but there still needs to be the added QA step for M&T optimization per release.
Likelihood to Renew
Based on 3 answers
As an implementer of technology it just works. It's very good at doing a simple but powerful thing, and products like that tend to stick around and get better. And we've seen the value of the platform increase to customers as everyone has moved beyond just getting a mobile site to trying to do good things with it.
Based on 1 answer
Good set of customer success people combined with the flexibility to use high-quality onshore partners if workload increases at busy times. I think Moovweb's support efforts are pretty solid.
Based on 1 answer
- Don't spend weeks in design. Because of the way the technology works nuances of design can change very quickly further down the line. We have changed the look of the product list for a client a week before launch.
- Push for getting the project into UAT within four weeks of the kickoff of the project. There are few retailer projects that need to take more than that. In my experience the more concentrated the timeline the more effective the implementation.
- Check that there are no major changes planned on desktop during the time of your implementation (another reason to keep the development to four weeks).
- If you have custom mobile content requirements, get them to your implementer at the start. Moovweb is great at heavy-lifting existing content, but your implementer will need to recommend solutions for custom content that will need to be tested. Get these requirements out at the start.
- Make a list of your desktop plugins. Moovweb can handle them all, but they can be handled in different ways
- If you have Paypal/Google Wallet and want it on mobile as part of your project, talk about that early on.
This is the only mobile technology we have used. We went through an extensive research and vetting process. In the end Moovweb was the best choice for technology and business needs. We considered the following companies: Moovweb,Mobify, Usablenet, Mad Mobile, SKAVA, Wompmobile. Forrester has a mobile infrastrucutre services report that could be very helpful.
Return on Investment
- It has a positive impact in general. Cordova is really a great solution for web developers who want to bring their incredible ideas to devices, but they just do not have a lot of time to put into iOS and Android learning curves.
- Our biggest benefit was that the management of images for multiple devices.
- Developing with Cordova has drastically reduced the cost of cross-platform deployment.
- Downtime and re-work has been minimized (unable to provide specifics) for a smoother operational flow.
- Conversion and Sales figures have more than doubled (unable to provide specifics), with a significant of that performance change occurring almost immediately after we re-launched with Moovweb.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?