Likelihood to Recommend
Netwrix [Auditor] is a great tool for any SysAdmin no matter the company size. Licensing is determined by users, not employee count, and that makes it a great product from a small business to an enterprise application. The time savings coupled with the increased productivity is a key factor is determining this tool over other products.
- Netwrix Auditor performs the audit collection process in a method that does not burden the systems it is auditing. It usually just pulls the log and event logs data from the machine it is auditing and then performs the extraction of the information in these files on the Netwrix Auditor server. This reducing the audit processes to only pulling log data from the server but does not keep the server busy processing the data.
- Once the log data has been pulled from a server being audited, Netwrix will store the log data in a compressed form in its Long Term Archive. This allows the database to be kept smaller than the all the data being kept in the Log Term Archive and therefore makes creating reports much faster since the database is not as big as it could be.
- Since Netwrix Auditor uses standard Microsoft SQL Server and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) to perform reporting, working with the results of the audit is much easier. Anyone who knows SQL Server and SSRS can work with the data and create their own reports.
- The predefined reports that come with Netwrix Auditor cover most of the items required to properly report on the status of a system. They have many predefined reports for FedRamp, PCI, HIPPA, and other compliance regulations.
- There is a bit of a learning curve. The interface is fairly intuitive, but I think there is room for improvement.
- There is a LOT of functionality which can be quite overwhelming at first, but in and of itself, not a bad thing.
- I think this software would benefit from a "Simple" mode and "Advanced" mode. This would ease the learning curve a bit.
Likelihood to Renew
Netwrix Auditor 8.0
Based on 1 answer
We have renewed already the licensing of the product minus SQL Server and Oracle Database because the organisation believes the modules are very expensive and have identified a different product for auditing DatabasesOther modules are very important like the User Activity monitor, AD queries that we can not get from the native AD itself or you have to run complicated powershell scripts!Easy to use interfacePre-defined ReportsEasy way to subscribe to important alerts e.g Privilege account group membership changes
Netwrix Auditor 8.0
Based on 1 answer
The product has user friend pre-defined queries which takes off the stress and horrors of having to query Active Directory with complex Powershell scripts!You can subscribe to certain functions when they are done and you get an alert e.g privileged accounts actions and you don't need to have programming skillsThe product has a desktop version of the software and donot have to login to the server all the time you need to use it.You can see very fast the posture of your environment of the overview screen and deduce what exactly is wrong and what has to be done
Netwrix Auditor 9.0
Based on 5 answers
Customer support has always been fast and helpful when we run into any issues. The smaller issues are usually resolved within a day or two. It is great support and I feel like I am in good hands anytime an issue comes up. However, we don't run into many issues
Analyst in Information TechnologyTelecommunications Company, 1001-5000 employees
Netwrix Auditor 7.0
Based on 3 answers
Make sure you trial the software and understand the fundamentals of each module that you are interested inMake sure you get the buy in from both Management and most importantly your team members (the product users) for a successful implementationWatch the webinars of the product from the product website
I can only compare it to SolarWinds. Their similar products have larger foot prints and seem a little clumsy in comparison. The Netwrix product turns on a lot of the auditing options that were required for the product to work properly where it seemed I had to do a lot of manual tweeking with the SolarWinds product.
Return on Investment
- Positive: Greater confidence from management to the engineering team as pro-active monitoring is taking place.
- Positive: Engineers have a tool that can look into logs across the fleet of servers/network devices.
- Negative: Can be quite time consuming to set up/ train to be competent in the software.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?