Likelihood to Recommend
WordStream is so beneficial to a green digital marketing team. If your team is new to paid ads, this will help immensely. It might not be as beneficial for a company that does not use AdWords and is strictly in social ads.
- Streamlining basic tasks. The 20-minute work week function is great for finding low-hanging fruit in your account (negative keywords to add, underperforming ads to modify, and groups to split, etc.) in a quick, checklist-like function. It keeps you motivated to do at least the basics each week.
- Easy negative additions. It's much easier to add single-word negative keywords using the QueryStream tool, rather than the standard Google Adwords interface, which by default has you adding the full search phrase. This may seem like a small thing, but it can greatly reduce the number of clicks needed to manage a larger account.
- Ad editing/creation is much easier within the tool than within the standard Adwords setup. I'm able to duplicate ads and make minor tweaks without going through many steps. I also appreciate the tips for improving ad performance during the creation process.
- The premier consulting package helps with answering questions and has given me a lot of good feedback regarding the strategic approach to our account and helped me with restructuring campaigns for better ROI.
- The ability to see Quality Score at all levels (campaign, ad group, keyword) has given me a much clearer picture of where my account's inefficiencies are and how I can adjust my strategy accordingly.
- Keyword URL updates: There isn't an easy way to add new keywords to the account and add custom keyword level "final URLs" to each keyword (this is important for Marketers who use custom tracking parameters at the keyword level).
- Ad extensions: WordSteam provides recommendations on how to improve some ad extensions; however, Google's newer ad extensions (Structured Snippets) are not supported by the tool.
- Integrations: Currently, WordStream only integrates with AdWords, Bing, and Facebook - the tool would provide much more value if it integrated with more platforms.
Likelihood to Renew
WordStream Advisor 9.0
Based on 3 answers
WordStream Advisor 9.5
Based on 2 answers
I have not had any experience with the customer support team for platform issues, but the account representative checks in with us often and is always available to answer questions. We will usually get on quarterly review calls so that she can share any new updates to the platform and answer questions.
Analyst in MarketingMarketing & Advertising Company, 51-200 employees
WordStream provides descriptions and offers help when you're uncertain about how to fix issues within an account. Its streamlined approach allows you to get twice the work done in the same amount of time. Google Ads is a beast in itself to tackle with having to click in multiple places in order to make simple changes, WordStream cuts this process out.
Return on Investment
- I've already noted the time savings that WordStream has provided - at leats 5 hours a week (and I like to think that my time is pretty expensive/worth it).
- Wordstream has paid for itself already, simply in removing junk from our AdWords account - junk keywords, junk AdWords groups, junk matching.
- I think we'll find, over more time, that Wordstream will continue to provide outstanding value in dropping our CPA - once Google register sthe lack of junk, our CPC will continue to go down.
Director in MarketingInternet Company, 1-10 employees
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?