Wordstream, the eponymous offering from the company in Boston, MA, provides a free tool for analyzing performance "grading" an Adwords campaign, beyond which, Wordstream Advisor provides (for a fee, though a free trial is available) recommendations to optimize a paid advertising campaign on Google, Bing, and Yahoo! search engines, and place ads. Beyond the platform, Wordstream also offers full account management services, for outsourcing one's campaign, and white labeling for agencies. Wordstream tools are available for $199 per month for search spend of up to $2,500 per month, or $319 monthly for search spend between $2,500 and $5,000 per month. $399 monthly buys Wordstream for spend between 5 and 10k, and, should that be insufficient, custom quotes are available.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/B0/CU/HD3BB34XHA2K.pngIncreased Performance, Decreased HoursWe use WordStream to streamline our pay-per-click management for a variety of clients as well as ourselves. It helps us to stay on top of all pay-per-click advertising campaigns across Facebook, Bing, and Google Ads. It helps us to also limit the number of hours we spend on it while actually improving performance.,20 minute work week Insights into campaigns Ease of use One place to manage all our campaigns on different platforms,It is not a cheap software,10,Decreased manual hours Improved campaign performance Lower cost per acquisition,,Google Search Console, HubSpot, CyfeWordStream will help your new marketers!WordStream has helped our company to have an easy interface to Google AdWords and to help us reduce our spend on ads while increasing views because of the 20 minute work week. It is so easy to use, and if you get a consultant to help, they are so knowledgeable of any WordStream updates and set you up for success. Now that WordStream supports more Facebook Ads, we also use it to create campaigns, except for video which is still not supported.,Definitely go with a consultant. It amazed me how quickly our consultant was able to understand our business and what we sell. He was the best resource for our newly-digitized marketing team. The negative keywords section was a hugely helpful tool. It saved us from so much unnecessary spend while making it easy to add negatives. How quickly changes implemented were updated on AdWords was amazing. It's live, so no lag and unnecessary spend.,We have B2B aspects of our business, so we also advertise on LinkedIn. There is currently no support for LinkedIn ads. The Facebook Ads do not support the metrics of video ads yet. Hugely disappointing since those seem to perform the best for us. Video training resources are a little lacking. Perhaps it is because they want to encourage the individual consultants?,8,Our Ad spend has gone down, while impressions continue going up! Not enough to cover the cost of the software, but it helps to justify the purchase. The higher click rate has lead to more conversions and sales, also helping to justify the cost of WordStream.,NinjaCat and Moz,Insightly, BuzzsumoWordStream Gives Google Ads Users An Easier Way to Optimize Their PerformanceWordStream is being used by our Sales and Marketing teams to manage our Paid Search campaigns across Google AdWords and Facebook. The tool is used weekly to monitor ad performance and help keep every ad copy and keywords optimized for success. The WordStream consults offer monthly advice to ensure everything is up to best practices.,The 20 minute work week function is an easy way to stay on top of your ads. Querystream is a good way to see what people are already searching for related to your business. Keyword Research tool is good for finding the right targets for your content strategy.,Their AI system in the 20 Minute Work Week doesn't always seem to learn what you consistently reject. Their advice tends to be to build out large amounts of keywords and campaigns which can spread your budget thin. Would be nice to get more in depth advice on how to optimize ad copy so they perform better.,9,It has saved a lot of time for our team. It has helped us identify the best keywords for our industry. The consulting didn't give us much ROI - we already knew most of what they were telling us.,Google Ads (formerly AdWords),WordPress, Vimeo Pro, SurveyMonkeyStay Away From WordStreamWordStream was a tool I decided to use to help us with our adwords efficiencies.,Helps ad negative keywords Rep is friendly Platform easy to navigate,Customer service is awful. Support email is non-responsive. Sales technique to lower price is lock you in to a contract that's impossible to cancel , but they don't mention that when you cancel.,1,Increased conversion costSave time and money on AdwordsWe're using WordStream to simplify management of Google Adwords in our business unit, as we have limited time to dedicate to it due to other marketing activities. The prospect of working with a consultant to improve our account structure and strategy was also a factor in deciding to purchase the software. It is not being used outside of our business unit to our knowledge.,Streamlining basic tasks. The 20-minute work week function is great for finding low-hanging fruit in your account (negative keywords to add, underperforming ads to modify, and groups to split, etc.) in a quick, checklist-like function. It keeps you motivated to do at least the basics each week. Easy negative additions. It's much easier to add single-word negative keywords using the QueryStream tool, rather than the standard Google Adwords interface, which by default has you adding the full search phrase. This may seem like a small thing, but it can greatly reduce the number of clicks needed to manage a larger account. Ad editing/creation is much easier within the tool than within the standard Adwords setup. I'm able to duplicate ads and make minor tweaks without going through many steps. I also appreciate the tips for improving ad performance during the creation process. The premier consulting package helps with answering questions and has given me a lot of good feedback regarding the strategic approach to our account and helped me with restructuring campaigns for better ROI. The ability to see Quality Score at all levels (campaign, ad group, keyword) has given me a much clearer picture of where my account's inefficiencies are and how I can adjust my strategy accordingly.,While the basic tools are pretty simple to use, the platform is actually pretty expansive and I don't feel like I've taken advantage of it (yet) as much as I could. It does require some training to get up to speed. Support for Display ad campaigns is limited - this is mainly used as a way to optimize Search campaigns. Reporting. I find the reporting setup to be a bit confusing and still rely on other sources for building out reports on our Adwords performance (Adwords itself and Google Analytics).,8,Since beginning to use the tool, we've seen our search impression share nearly double for some campaigns. We've increased our click-through rates by over 25% since adding WordStream to our toolset. I'm more confident in the strategies that are having an impact on our cost per conversion, and can better forecast our impact for the future.,AdWords and Marin Software,AdWords, Slack, Asana
WordStream

WordStream Reviews

WordStream
Filter 37 vetted WordStream reviews and ratings
Dustin Brackett profile photo
December 15, 2018

WordStream Review: "Increased Performance, Decreased Hours"

• 20 minute work week
  • Insights into campaigns
  • Ease of use
  • One place to manage all our campaigns on different platforms
  • It is not a cheap software
I was actually skeptical before trying out WordStream, but the software has been great to work with and the staff at WordStream are committed to our success. It has cut down on our manual hours and also improved the performance of our campaigns across all our clients and campaigns. Highly recommend.
Read Dustin Brackett's full review
Kaitlin Berg profile photo
June 20, 2018

Review: "WordStream will help your new marketers!"

• Definitely go with a consultant. It amazed me how quickly our consultant was able to understand our business and what we sell. He was the best resource for our newly-digitized marketing team.
  • The negative keywords section was a hugely helpful tool. It saved us from so much unnecessary spend while making it easy to add negatives.
  • How quickly changes implemented were updated on AdWords was amazing. It's live, so no lag and unnecessary spend.
  • We have B2B aspects of our business, so we also advertise on LinkedIn. There is currently no support for LinkedIn ads.
  • The Facebook Ads do not support the metrics of video ads yet. Hugely disappointing since those seem to perform the best for us.
  • Video training resources are a little lacking. Perhaps it is because they want to encourage the individual consultants?
WordStream is so beneficial to a green digital marketing team. If your team is new to paid ads, this will help immensely. It might not be as beneficial for a company that does not use AdWords and is strictly in social ads.
Read Kaitlin Berg's full review
November 25, 2018

Review: "WordStream Gives Google Ads Users An Easier Way to Optimize Their Performance"

• The 20 minute work week function is an easy way to stay on top of your ads.
  • Querystream is a good way to see what people are already searching for related to your business.
  • Keyword Research tool is good for finding the right targets for your content strategy.
  • Their AI system in the 20 Minute Work Week doesn't always seem to learn what you consistently reject.
  • Their advice tends to be to build out large amounts of keywords and campaigns which can spread your budget thin.
  • Would be nice to get more in depth advice on how to optimize ad copy so they perform better.
WordStream is good for when you don't want to have to dig into Google AdWords to optimize your paid search ads. It provides very good reporting which makes it easy to monitor your performance. If you are already moving efficiently through Google AdWords and making adjustments based on the data you learn there, you probably don't need WordStream. It's also best if you are handling a lot of paid search campaigns.
July 20, 2018

User Review: "Stay Away From WordStream"

• Helps ad negative keywords
  • Rep is friendly
  • Platform easy to navigate
  • Customer service is awful.
  • Support email is non-responsive.
  • Sales technique to lower price is lock you in to a contract that's impossible to cancel , but they don't mention that when you cancel.
It is a good tool to use for a short term. Kept telling me to let data collect but not much was changing. Rep was friendly. Sales and support were the worst people to deal with.
Ben Rubenstein profile photo
May 18, 2018

WordStream Review: "Save time and money on Adwords"

We're using WordStream to simplify management of Google AdWords in our business unit, as we have limited time to dedicate to it due to other marketing activities. The prospect of working with a consultant to improve our account structure and strategy was also a factor in deciding to purchase the software. It is not being used outside of our business unit to our knowledge.
  • Streamlining basic tasks. The 20-minute work week function is great for finding low-hanging fruit in your account (negative keywords to add, underperforming ads to modify, and groups to split, etc.) in a quick, checklist-like function. It keeps you motivated to do at least the basics each week.
  • Easy negative additions. It's much easier to add single-word negative keywords using the QueryStream tool, rather than the standard Google AdWords interface, which by default has you adding the full search phrase. This may seem like a small thing, but it can greatly reduce the number of clicks needed to manage a larger account.
  • Ad editing/creation is much easier within the tool than within the standard AdWords setup. I'm able to duplicate ads and make minor tweaks without going through many steps. I also appreciate the tips for improving ad performance during the creation process.
  • The premier consulting package helps with answering questions and has given me a lot of good feedback regarding the strategic approach to our account and helped me with restructuring campaigns for better ROI.
  • The ability to see Quality Score at all levels (campaign, ad group, keyword) has given me a much clearer picture of where my account's inefficiencies are and how I can adjust my strategy accordingly.
  • While the basic tools are pretty simple to use, the platform is actually pretty expansive and I don't feel like I've taken advantage of it (yet) as much as I could. It does require some training to get up to speed.
  • Support for Display ad campaigns is limited - this is mainly used as a way to optimize Search campaigns.
  • Reporting. I find the reporting setup to be a bit confusing and still rely on other sources for building out reports on our AdWords performance (AdWords itself and Google Analytics).
I think WordStream is a great tool for less experienced AdWords managers (or those with a lot of other responsibilities) who want to get the most out of their account but can't dedicate as much time to it as they might like. We use it to manage a single account, but I could see it being especially useful for those who manage multiple accounts. For managers already implementing complex scripts, it may not be as worthwhile; it also might not be appropriate for those with small budgets, as it is somewhat costly on a percentage basis (but gets better the more you're spending).
Read Ben Rubenstein's full review
Dustin Hovey profile photo
April 13, 2018

WordStream Review: "A Search Marketer's Secret Weapon"

I use WordSteam to better manage and optimize our SEM campaigns. Since the tool is meant to primarily improve the efficiency of SEM managers it is not being utilized broadly across our organization. The tool enables me to quickly identify areas in our paid search accounts that need to be optimized (bids, keywords, ads, etc) and improve them on the spot.
  • Remove duplicates: The platform has a tool that enables marketers to easily identify duplicate keywords across campaigns, ad groups, and the account; from there duplicates can be paused in an effort to improve quality scores and account performance.
  • Bid management: WordStream reveals which current keywords can improve campaign performance by increasing and decreasing their bids - updates can be made on the spot.
  • Ad optimizations: WordStream scans paid search accounts to ensure each ad group is using high performing ads. Marketers can quickly create new ads, and pause ads based on the tool's recommendations.
  • Keyword URL updates: There isn't an easy way to add new keywords to the account and add custom keyword level "final URLs" to each keyword (this is important for Marketers who use custom tracking parameters at the keyword level).
  • Ad extensions: WordSteam provides recommendations on how to improve some ad extensions; however, Google's newer ad extensions (Structured Snippets) are not supported by the tool.
  • Integrations: Currently, WordStream only integrates with AdWords, Bing, and Facebook - the tool would provide much more value if it integrated with more platforms.
WordStream is designed for marketers who manage paid search accounts. It helps save time, increases efficiency, and if used properly it can improve performance.

WorkStream would be of little value to anyone who doesn't manage paid search accounts.
Read Dustin Hovey's full review
Naomi Marie Brand profile photo
June 04, 2018

User Review: "Wordstream $aves"

We primarily utilized Wordstream for their Google & Facebook ads insights. We also used their one on one consulting services. We were not having much success with our Google AdWords campaign so we signed on with Wordstream to streamline our ads and increase our ROI.
  • Their consulting team is amazing. My consultant, Ben, truly knows his stuff. Even the smallest of notes or suggestions from him would result in massive improvement and click rate.
  • I love the weekly insights and ad monitoring. The suggestions improved as time went on, and I found the suggestions for ad changes to be a great way to use our ad budget more efficiently.
  • When I was using Wordstream, a great frustration of mine was the inability to have your leads exported into Wordstream. I know this was an improvement that they were already looking into at the time. This is also a fault of FB as they do not make FB Ad Leads easily to access so I do not think this is a big reason to not utilize WordStream.
  • I think they need a smaller business price model, the price may not be accessible to smaller businesses.
I think that anyone who wants to do a large scale integration of Google and Facebook advertising into their digital marketing plan would definitely find Wordstream beneficial. It's extremely user-friendly and saves a lot of time.
Read Naomi Marie Brand's full review
Ali Bakhtiari profile photo
March 08, 2018

WordStream Review: "Not worth wasting your time and money"

We started using Wordstream to manage our Google AdWords account.
  • Simple reports
  • It did not add any value to our AdWords management.
If you are willing to learn about AdWords principal, you won't need to use other software to manage your AdWords. Wordstream has a few advantages in terms of modifying your campaigns, but you need to remember that you still need to know the basics and fundamental of AdWords.
Read Ali Bakhtiari's full review
January 16, 2018

Review: "WordStream Can Help Boost Your ROI Tremendously"

We use WordStream on a daily basis to help monitor our digital advertising accounts across both Bing and Google. WordStream optimizes both of our accounts' budget/spending, infers what action should be taken with each account, and helps suggest new keywords for bidding purposes. It's been a tremendous optimization tool so far.
  • Wordstream optimizes the budgets of each individual campaign.
  • Wordstream suggests new keywords and negative keywords for each campaign.
  • Wordstream gives you a weekly report on suggested fixes and updates to your accounts.
  • I would like to see an optional feature where Wordstream provides daily suggested updates.
  • It would be great if Wordstream could optimize Yahoo! Gemini accounts as well.
If you're running a business that is looking to market or advertise digitally across Bing Ads or Google Adwords, I highly recommend using WordStream as a monitoring and optimization tool. Wordstream has helped our business tremendously through its many different functions and continues to do so each and every day.
Jason Bateman profile photo
November 21, 2017

Review: "Used WordStream for Years, Left Dissatisfied..."

As a small business owner, I used WordStream for the last 4 years to manage my paid advertising. I thought it would help me save time and money and help me keep up to date with the new trends in PPC - especially across Adwords, BING and Facebook.
  • At first their software was really great for managed Google Adwords, because the interface with Google was difficult and confusing. However Google has improved their system and feel your time would be better served learning how to use it rather than investing time using an external software.
  • Reporting - From the first day of using their "Managed Services" program, I told them I was having issues with reporting. That is why I hired them, because I needed help setting up my PPC accounts and making sure that we were getting the correct data. Over the course of 9 months of using managed services this issue was never resolved. The data was so skewed that we were actually reporting more leads than clicks! The first thing that I had to do when I decided to stop using WordStream was to reach out to BING directly as see why we were experiencing this issue and within two hours we were able to identify the problem and resolve it. (It turns out that the conversion tracking code was on the site in multiple locations) . Why Wordstream was unable to identify this problem when paying $1,600 a month for managed services is beyond me...
  • ROI - I was thinking that these guys were the experts, that they knew about PPC than I do and would improve our paid advertising. I thought I would easily recovery the amount I was paying them per month by seeing a decrease in cost per conversions. However, this couldn't have been farther from the truth - my cost per conversions & monthly spend went up! Not only was I paying them to "manage" my account - I started paying more in advertising and getting less results.
  • Customer Service - I got passed around from rep to rep and often times felt that one less than the last. I never really knew how the actual manager was, or who to reach out to when things started going wrong. It was very frustrating!
If you know nothing about Paid Advertising, WordSteam's Software is a good place to start. However if you are an intermediate to advanced advertiser - I feel you'd be better off doing it on your own.
Read Jason Bateman's full review
Michael Phelps profile photo
March 24, 2017

Review: "Wordstream and How Michigan Creative Optimized our Clients' AdWords"

We use WordStream to manage our multiple client's adwords accounts. What we find best with WordStream is that we can both push and pull settings, insights, etc. to adwords and pull from adwords. The benching and recommendations of keywords helps us optimize our clients campaigns. Another feature we enjoy is the reporting. This helps us provide detailed reports to clients.
  • Organization
  • Ease of Use
  • Customer Service
  • Lack of Analytics
  • No retargeting integration
  • No IP retargeting integration
  • Price structure
It is well suited for managing multiple clients. We find the breakdown for our various clients to provide well organized reports which allows us to generate our own reports. Benching of keywords allows us to keep keywords in our list while not specifically advertising that keyword. This feature also helps us gain perspective on our other keywords.
Read Michael Phelps's full review
Brett Doucette, ABC, MBA profile photo
March 28, 2017

Review: "Air tight streamlining capabilities with WordStream"

For management of several PPC ad campaigns with numerous ad groups and KW sets within each. Used by the Marketing department and I've used it as a freelancer as well. Optimizes the AdWords campaigns in an easier-to-use interface than what AdWords offers natively.
  • Great for bulk edits to bidding strategies
  • Excellent time and work effort saving features
  • Synchronizes directly with multiple AdWords Ids
  • Quite a learning curve to learn many of the features
  • Recommend (unless you are a PPC pro already) to work with a Wordstream advisor which is an add'l cost
  • Can be expensive monthly if you are using the tool in combo with the advisor
Ideal for large scale campaigns with lots of moving parts to manage. Also well suited to have an advisor available (extra option) that really does help.
Read Brett Doucette, ABC, MBA's full review
Amber Stanley-Kruth profile photo
September 30, 2016

WordStream Review: "A Positive Experience For Guided Decisions"

We are a multi-location agency that manages $750K annual spend in AdWords. We compared to AdWords Editor and Kenshoo and chose WordStream because it provided the best feedback about the quality of the campaigns and analyzes each account for performance, comparable spend across the industry and best practices. It offers an easy to use and visually appealing layout with a "20-minute" work week checklist.
  • Simple interface that makes suggestions for increasing performance, organizing ad groups and analyzing campaigns for AdWords, Bing and Facebook Ads
  • Excellent staff and consulting team that provides webinars, individual consultations and training, blogs, best practices and changes to marketing platforms
  • Awesome reports that are customizable and easy to read, very visual and interactive
  • Monitors spend, keyword performance, quality scores, ad CTR, use of ad extensions and many other factors to managing PPC
  • They are rolling out new updates, but currently don't have a search function which makes it slower to find and access accounts
  • There are some sections that are still on an old layout and those pages are harder to navigate because you have to scroll to the right and can't see the whole screen at once
  • Some suggestions are not good at first, but by marking the reason for rejecting a suggestion the interface adapts and "learns"
Good for clients that want creative and quality focused insight, helpful in adhering to "best practices", easy to copy and paste across ad groups or campaigns.
A few settings are tricky or hidden, but mostly an easier interface that is intuitive.
Can't take suggestions at face value and could really mess up a campaign of you follow advice blindly.
No spend management like that which Kenshoo offers
Read Amber Stanley-Kruth's full review
Daniel Keogh profile photo
May 12, 2014

"Quick Review of WordStream as an Account Manager"

It was being used to look at ways to optimize accounts, highlight wins and losses. It helps when you manage so many different accounts in managing the results and recommendations. We would use it to narrow down on keyword bidding and find out what keywords were spending too much. You can of course do all of this on your own, however, this really does help you streamline your review.
  • Keyword Bidding
  • Highlighting Ad Errors
  • Campaign Bidding
  • Negative Keywords
  • I don't really have anything, it made my life easier.
Managing one account? Do it yourself. You should be skilled enough and have enough time to analyse and make changes yourself with one account. Managing multiple accounts? This product will seriously help in your day to day tasks keeping you more stress free than anything else. The reporting is pretty good too.
Read Daniel Keogh's full review
September 19, 2016

WordStream Review: "Streamline anything you're doing in AdWords"

We use wordstream in the marketing department.
  • We're grateful for the in-depth help provided by the strategy calls. We had some serious AdWords problems that were deeper that we had thought - WordStream helped us see the light with those.
  • The WordStream UI is a little old-school/clunky but it's absolutely effective and much more efficient (holy moly is it more efficient) than trying to do the same thing in AdWords itself.
  • The UI could use some help - it feels like an Excel sheet a lot of the time, and that's never a good thing :) That said, it's not that it's hard to use or that I'm unable to do what I need to do (which is the most important, of course), it's just that it's ... well, not the most modern look, is all.
I worked at an agency, previously, and I can't imagine that this would not have made my time 100% more productive given the amount on accounts I dealt with every day. That said, I'm now at a startup (single account) and have too many other things to do than spend 6 hours every week tinkering with AdWords ... now, I spend about a half an hour inside the platform and I'm done thinking about that for a week if I want.
May 06, 2014

User Review: "Overall Satisfaction with WordStream"

Currently use for quick performance snapshot of various accounts
  • Fast
  • Accurate health of PPC account
  • Uncovered issues that could be addressed immediately
Best suited for in-house PPC management to test the health of their account. Ask some questions upfront about why or why not the client is using some features. There is most likely a reason it it not being used.

About WordStream