Reviews (1-25 of 213)
- Easy access to all KPIs in one location
- Enables non-technical teams to access, research and understand SEO tactics
- The Chrome plugin makes competitive insights easy to obtain
- Having the tool is not enough, you must educate yourself and ensure your teams are using it (true for any tool)
- The cost is higher than run-of-the mill tools. You are paying for an Enterprise option. You get what you pay for.
- Keyword Research
- Make recommendations on developing content
- Ablility to connect to many different projcet management tools to allow for streamlined processess
- Provide information on backlinks
- Allow for more automation in some very time consuming SEO projects
- Connect with Google Ads to find more synergy between SEO and SEM
Our customer success manager keeps us up to date on betas so we could try out new features in Conductor as soon as possible.
- Professional services teams that are on top of their tech skills and can apply that to help us problem solve technical and strategic problems. For example, URL inventories and SEO evaluations per page for large and cumbersome websites.
- Searchlight lets me understand how my products and services compare to competitors (some I know and some that aren't even on my radar) so I can make decisions about to make sure my content shows up where I think it should.
- Conversely, it also shows me where my content shows up that I didn't expect or plan for. Sometimes this a great learning for business users that drives new content or concepts to build on success.
- While monitoring the health of my website is not a key function of the platform, it does give me just enough clues (like broken links or poor page performance) to ask questions about development etc.
- Conductor has been excellent partners in training a wide range of business users and providing proof of strategic value of the platform's performance and impact.
- I need backlinks. Please consider integrating an industry leading tool like Majestic directly into your platform.
- I love the newsletters we used to get...I don't know what happened to those, but please bring them back or something else that includes that content in an easy to consume format with the same fun flair.
- The DeepCrawl integration is fantastic at understanding the opportunities to improve the technical issues on your site.
- The Chrome extension is a nice little bonus when browsing.
- The Content Briefing tool is great for developing SEO-friendly content.
- The Workspaces are a great place to get organized and collaborate.
- There aren't any details on Google indexing and crawling issues when they are not showing your pages on Google due to these issues.
- The Content Mapping feature is complicated!
- Excellent Customer Service & Support
- Clear and Actionable Steps to take for optimization
- Fantastic Tool for competitive research
- Easy integration of SEO tools and insights
- Would appreciate more Paid Search Integration
- More support with Google Analytics set up and maintenance would also be appreciated
- An extensive platform that allows us to track performance in all the 38 countries we operate in
- Their customer support team is awesome and is doing a great job of providing training, competitors' insights, and suggestions on how to improve our performance.
- Conductor is very open to suggestions. When Google for Jobs came out, they built in functionality so we're able to see if we came up in the Job Feature snippet.
- Would have liked to see better integration with paid search. So far my paid search colleagues are hardly looking into the tool, indicating that it's not that relevant for them.
- Consistently accurate results.
- Accurately report on things that people actually see (local/mobile results).
- Standardize rank reporting.
- Paid search integration with Google Ads needs to incorporate more actionable results.
- Some odd specifics dealing with Google local pack and paid results in the local pack.
- Google Analytics is best for reality-checking the total organic clicks received from searches including and outside the ones we monitor. This also helps to determine other key areas we need to expand on.
- Deep Crawl helps analyze the site as a whole to aid in finding key areas to fix from a technical SEO standpoint.
- Google Search Console provides impression data that is far more accurate than what's used in Google Ads.
- Youtube provides insights into how well your video content does.
The platform helps us address many business objectives such as:
- How well do we rank for branded and non-branded keywords.
- How well does the competition rank for our keywords.
- Identify on-page optimizations we can make to our website to better our rank on Google SERPs.
- Help identify new or related keywords we should work toward ranking for.
- Understanding what type of content we should create to fulfill the needs of current and future customers.
- It's a very easy to use platform.
- Great way to understand where you rank as an organization as well as your direct competition.
- The ability to identify content gaps and opportunities to create content customers care about.
- The only place I felt Conductor could help more on is much less about their platform and more around providing resources to help actually implement the changes for us on our websites.
- Powerful, robust, easy to use platform.
- Easily understand how your organization is performing from an organic search perspective.
- Easily understand how your direct competition is performing from an organic search perspective.
- Finding new content ideas to help drive more traffic to your website.
- Identify and fix technical SEO opportunities to help increase organic traffic to your website.
It is currently "owned" by the Marketing department, but we are looking to expand SEO knowledge to other departments so that they understand how it affects their business lines and scope. We are training them first on the SEO basics, and then eventually the platform.
This helps the managers in turn, educate our Agents and their clients on our strengths vs any competitor.
- Track overall ranking at a high-level that can be drilled down of your entire website.
- Great support team with regular calls.
- Strong tool to provide opportunities for content marketing.
- Competitive analysis in the SEO/SEM space.
- Always innovating and integrating with other tools.
- None at the moment. Maybe price? Something can always be cheaper!
- Would love a simple tool that helps me find every page on the site that displays a certain word or phrase.
A less-suited example is where they will track performance of SEM (paid search for keywords). Although that will eventually happen I'm sure.
- Account Management - We work with Jessie Xu and she does an excellent job working with people across all skill levels to help them figure out how Conductor fits into the work they're doing. She's responsive, knowledgeable of Conductor and SEO in general, manages agendas well, and when she runs into something she doesn't have an answer for, goes and finds the answer rather than giving half an answer.
- Generated Reports - A lot of the reports in Conductor (like Content Performance and Market Share) are useful right out of the gate without having to do a ton of customization, though the proper tailoring makes them really effective.
- Conductor's Chrome Extension - For large organizations, having a free SEO tool that has enhanced functionality through a paid plan was easy to get approved. The tool does most of the essential functions of what 3 separate SEO tools can handle (which I also couldn't get approved for use)
- Explorer - It's a pretty standard SEO research tool, but I've used other platforms that give you far too much irrelevant data during the keyword research process. Explorer tends to keep the keyword results fairly relevant to your topic.
- Unlimited Users (I think) - You can add as many people (and set their admin privileges) as you want. Maybe this is just with our plan or maybe there is a limit but we haven't hit it yet. It's extremely helpful just to know people have a Conductor account and can jump into the platform when they have time or are feeling motivated to learn.
- General Navigation - I tend to get lost in the tool and have a hard time locating features, so I assume they're not available.
- Limited Customization - There seem to be certain limitations that I can't seem to figure out the purpose of not fixing - not being able to customize timeframes within the 'Reports' is frustrating and in the Search Console Analytics, It would be great if you could filter the clicks/impressions/CTR/position and add in time frames to do comparisons between different periods. Also, some of the pre-set ranges don't always work out (like using four weeks over four weeks rather than month over month).
- Deepcrawl - This is not necessarily Conductor's fault as I think all automated crawling tools suffer from so many false positives and other issues, but Deepcrawl has always felt particularly off and hard to customize to generate meaningful reports.
- Backlink Data - You can add a Majestic assessment of sorts to Deepcrawl, but it doesn't give enough detail to do thorough backlink audits.
- Comparison Competitor Content - For certain reports, you're only able to generate comparative data between a limited number of competitors you've identified. You don't always know who your best competitors are to do research against and it would be helpful if this was more flexible. I could be completely wrong but the limit feels like an upselling tactic rather than something the company doesn't have the resources to open up.
- Large enterprises with limited resources that need a real partner to push initiatives forward and reinforce the value of SEO practices
- Detailed performance monitoring for individuals who understand their business priorities and what keywords reflect this
- General keyword research and competitor page analysis
- Anyone who is looking to switch from BrightEdge because their customer retention strategies are appalling
- Backlink analysis
- Monitoring/solving detailed technical issues
I know they have some sort of new feature that lets you make page edits with minimal effort. I don't think we can incorporate this into how we work but through the demos, it seems impressive.
- Keyword Rank Tracking.
- Keyword Research/Suggestions.
- Technical website SEO.
- Backlinks: Checking and recommendations/suggestions.
- Basic audit tools (spelling/broken links/etc.
- Being more than an aggregator of data from other sources like search console, SEMRush.
- Make the interface more user friendly. So many places to navigate to, would be helpful if there was a main dashboard to use as a "homebase"/ starting point.
- Ability to use DeepCrawl to see if there are any glaring issues with the technical foundation of your site.
- Ability to create dashboards for different target keyword categories to determine SEO effectiveness from new pieces of content.
- Online training program that goes through the basics of SEO, but also gives a good reference in case you forget where certain tools are.
- There are some international domains that aren't trackable yet, but they're slowly adding them.
- Navigation menu may get a little confusing, but you'll get used to it over time.
- Some dashboards aren't as user friendly as you'd like.
- Business Cases. I love being able to play with the numbers and having the algorithm predict our untapped opportunities.
- Content briefs that integrate very well with JIRA or Trello. Helps streamline the whole content process with the team.
- Comparing market share between our competitors and other high-performing players. Super easy to explore their content and what they're doing well in.
- I'd like to see a rolling average of keyword performance, on top of daily/weekly reporting.
- An easier view of which keywords resulted to the increase or drop in sessions to a specific page.
- Keyword Analysis helps me plan for articles I am writing, and assists me in putting briefs together if someone else is writing the content.
- Content Performance helps me track how the content is ranking, and if editorial changes we make are helping or hurting.
- You must have fairly significant SEO knowledge to use many of Conductor's tools.
- Organizes all things search into one tool
- Provides solid answers to stakeholder questions quickly
- Offers a robust platform that can be heavily customized to provide the information necessary to address nearly all views of search data (and a few outside of search).
- It took us a while to make the platform fit our needs. There was a lot of work involved in customizing reports, segments, making sure Conductor was accurately seeing the website the way we designed (content mapping, segmentation, etc.). The tools are all there, but some assembly required.
- API costs extra
- There are direct integrations for platforms like Domo. I haven't seen one for Tableau. There might be one, but I haven't found it.
- Keyword ranking monitoring.
- Competitive analysis for keyword rankings.
- Customer service.
- Conductor API since some of the data that is received is hard to parse.
- If you use the system with geo-TLDs and have a lot of keyword crossover between regions, the keyword setup can be confusing.
- SEO recommendations.
- Analytics on current standings.
- Research on keywords for monthly search volume.
- Research on competitors.
- Constantly changing user interface. When you get used to something, it is updated and hard to find again.
- More info on trends on a specific keyword during a period of time rather than a "you were here on this day and now you are here on this day."
- I love how I can look at source URLs in Conductor and find out WHERE bad links are coming from. It's so much more helpful than Google Search Console.
- I can see all of a site's issues at a glance, and drill down into details easily so that I can follow up on them quickly.
- I can request a Competitor Analysis that will help me understand my competition better and make adjustments on the fly.
- I'd like to be able to generate Marketplace reports on demand, rather than request them.
- There doesn't seem to be a place to see what I've requested via Marketplace. I have had to rely on emails. There really should be a dashboard for this. If one exists, it should be listed under "Marketplace".
- Increase the number of keywords you can track, domains, etc. per account.
It's also excellent for keyword research and offers really robust features. If you want a good idea of your site's visibility, Conductor has a ton of tools for this--Market Share, Rank Comparisons, Keyword Performance, Visibility Comparisons, Result Types, etc. I do not personally use the visibility tools in my position, but I have browsed them and can see that Conductor offers quite a lot of useful tools to fine-tune keywords.
Conductor is perfect for creating Dashboards to monitor campaigns or content segments. Creating smart and/or standard categories are nice and easy.
I have never used Conductor to assign tasks, etc. nor have I used the area of the tool that gives on site optimization recommendations. I think that is better suited for SEO newbies (which is fine!).
I think the least appropriate scenario/function of Conductor is utilize the SEO strategy created from the tool itself or from contacts over at Conductor. In general, they will not know specifics to your brand and therefore should take the recommendations with a grain of salt. Conductor should be used to help inform your team in order to then strategize.
- Super robust platform that allows users to do just about anything they would need to do related to SEO, including keyword research, technical audits, rank tracking, and more.
- User-friendly interface that makes research and tracking easy.
- The platform is really fast, and we rarely experience any technical issues.
- The Marketplace option (where the Conductor team acts as an extension of our SEO team and provides reports/research/recommendations for us) is a great resource.
- The platform can be overwhelming because it is so robust, but with training, it's user-friendly.
- Would love to have more options within Marketplace, but options are limited with the Bronze service tier (the lowest service tier).
- Keyword research.
- Provides insights without having to dig through data.
- Live reports that automatically update.
- Tracking content by categories.
- Not all aspects/tools are readily available in the menu - you need to know how to click around to find more advanced or details.
- Like to be able to see all ranking keywords for site more easily.
we’re winning and how our pages/content is stacking up against others in those
search categories. It’s also allowed us to see exactly where we need to improve
and spend those man-hours to make the greatest impact on reaching our
- The "Research" section of the platform is where I spend the bulk of my time because it allows me to pull keywords and look at them in a variety of ways they are being used in search terms. Once I have a broader picture of how users are searching for a particular product or trend, I can then write my content in a more targeted way that will hopefully create a stronger organic pull to those pages.
- The "Report" section is fantastic because it allows our internal team or our Conductor account team to pull together information that we need quickly. It's also done in a way that makes things easier to understand for people who are not familiar with the platform when these reports are discussed.
- In what I use Searchlight for there's not really a lot of cons.
- Our wider team would like to see more integrations for the platform to increase their ease of use.
Conductor Searchlight Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
What is Conductor Searchlight?
Conductor Searchlight is designed to generate customer intent insights that lead to compelling content, increased traffic, and higher organic marketing ROI.
Conductor's technology enables marketers to understand their prospective customers' intent by revealing the trends and topics they are searching for at every phase of purchase process. Customizable dashboards and workflows guide marketers through the content creation process, empowering them to continuously measure, refine, and demonstrate the effectiveness of their SEO and content marketing efforts. Conductor's customers include global brands like Citibank, Slack, Salesforce, athenahealth, and Visa.
Conductor Searchlight Screenshots
Conductor Searchlight Video
Conductor Searchlight Downloadables
Conductor Searchlight Integrations
Conductor Searchlight Competitors
Conductor Searchlight Pricing
Starting Price: $1,995
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?Optional
Conductor Searchlight Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Conductor Searchlight Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS|