Reviews (1-25 of 223)
Conductor [(Formerly Conductor Searchlight)] allows me to provide the necessary information to different roles, such as writer, developer (thank you deepcrawl), content manager, etc that will enable them to be effective and focus on the task at hand.
If you're hardcore and want to get under the covers and use raw data, Conductor may not the be platform for you or your team.
We are currently only pulling in web analytics data. We fully intent on integrating other data sources as our we develop a solid baseline and improve our marketing maturity as organization.
Things that were not going well with our previous vendor were:
- Transparency and trust.
- Quality of backlinks.
- Low quality of reporting.
Conductor was able to solve all the above issues. Access to partner credits as an extended team has been really helpful for us. We have utilized them for writing SEO content for us.
- It's a great tool to use for keyword research which helped us in monitoring the progress and make adjustments to improve our organic presence.
- Online marketplace credits to connect with a broader team and help out in specific areas like content, optimization and technical web dev.
- We work with Christopher Jones and Stephanie LeVonne at Conductor, they have been more than helpful in answering questions, walking the team through the tool. They are always very responsive and come up with ideas on improving our SEO program.
- We have been pretty satisfied so far. Still have a lot to take in and leverage Searchlight to the best of its abilities.
- Conductor still has a lot of features, that needs to be explored and taken advantage of.
- We are working on getting there in the next year.
We have been super pleased over the last one year. Looking forward to explore more!
From discovery to demo through contract negotiation and onboarding, we had a very smooth experience. Team was setting up things in place even before our official start date, so that there was keyword tracking from day one!
Live chat feature is an added bonus, specially for an SEO platform!
- Account services support is unmatched!
- Keyword reporting and SERP performance reporting
- Explorer tool is the best for competitor insights
- Google Chrome extension is very helpful at quick-hit insights and analysis
- Would be nice to have technical SEO insights/reporting in the platform
- Better website analytics insights or Google Search Console integrations
- The Keyword Research Explorer tool in Conductor is excellent. It fits the needs of our content team directly. As they write content they can add that topic into Conductor and see the results of keywords they can use, or quick answer rich results gives them the edge to create strong SEO content on their own without using multiple teams.
- The batch edit of keywords is also a great and easy feature of Conductor. We have hundreds of keywords we monitor and being able to quickly batch update these keywords and add categories to them, give us an edge in reporting on keywords as well as making decisions based on these categories.
- Deep Crawl Site analysis through Conductor is a powerful scan tool. We have multiple SEO scanning tools, but Deep Crawl finds things that other tools in the industry have failed to find. We have been able to improve the performance of the site based on this tool.
- I would like to see a feature to manage the backlink disavow list through search console. If Conductor is able to add this, we may be able to drop one of our other tools and save some money in that area.
- Conductor has a lot of features and can be a bit overwhelming. It is a strength and a weakness, as it takes time to learn all that is available.
- Another feature I would like to see is more integration with GA, we leverage creating annotations in GA and it would be great to have those pulled into the Conductor dashboard automatically.
- Tool with so many options
- Possibility of having bi-weekly sessions with their experts to help focus our priorities
- Devoted support team
- If you're a newbie, you might need a first session with a Conductor expert to learn how each option works. Once you get how it works, you'll be able to navigate on your own everywhere.
- Easy access to all KPIs in one location
- Enables non-technical teams to access, research and understand SEO tactics
- The Chrome plugin makes competitive insights easy to obtain
- Having the tool is not enough, you must educate yourself and ensure your teams are using it (true for any tool)
- The cost is higher than run-of-the mill tools. You are paying for an Enterprise option. You get what you pay for.
- Keyword Research
- Make recommendations on developing content
- Ablility to connect to many different projcet management tools to allow for streamlined processess
- Provide information on backlinks
- Allow for more automation in some very time consuming SEO projects
- Connect with Google Ads to find more synergy between SEO and SEM
Our customer success manager keeps us up to date on betas so we could try out new features in Conductor as soon as possible.
- It provides keyword research for all our regions (by market and by search engine).
- We can determine the content strategy.
- Cover all the technical issues with the recommendations.
- Weekly report could be daily.
- Let us upload more than one keyword in the explorer bar.
- The DeepCrawl integration is fantastic at understanding the opportunities to improve the technical issues on your site.
- The Chrome extension is a nice little bonus when browsing.
- The Content Briefing tool is great for developing SEO-friendly content.
- The Workspaces are a great place to get organized and collaborate.
- There aren't any details on Google indexing and crawling issues when they are not showing your pages on Google due to these issues.
- The Content Mapping feature is complicated!
- Excellent Customer Service & Support
- Clear and Actionable Steps to take for optimization
- Fantastic Tool for competitive research
- Easy integration of SEO tools and insights
- Would appreciate more Paid Search Integration
- More support with Google Analytics set up and maintenance would also be appreciated
- Google Chrome Extension
- Keyword Explorer and topic intent
- Marketplace Requests and Coaching sessions
- Market Visibility and competitor rank
- Including search engines outside of google only
- More educational opportunities
- Including more semantic wording and topic insights
- Account Management - We work with Jessie Xu and she does an excellent job working with people across all skill levels to help them figure out how Conductor fits into the work they're doing. She's responsive, knowledgeable of Conductor and SEO in general, manages agendas well, and when she runs into something she doesn't have an answer for, goes and finds the answer rather than giving half an answer.
- Generated Reports - A lot of the reports in Conductor (like Content Performance and Market Share) are useful right out of the gate without having to do a ton of customization, though the proper tailoring makes them really effective.
- Conductor's Chrome Extension - For large organizations, having a free SEO tool that has enhanced functionality through a paid plan was easy to get approved. The tool does most of the essential functions of what 3 separate SEO tools can handle (which I also couldn't get approved for use)
- Explorer - It's a pretty standard SEO research tool, but I've used other platforms that give you far too much irrelevant data during the keyword research process. Explorer tends to keep the keyword results fairly relevant to your topic.
- Unlimited Users (I think) - You can add as many people (and set their admin privileges) as you want. Maybe this is just with our plan or maybe there is a limit but we haven't hit it yet. It's extremely helpful just to know people have a Conductor account and can jump into the platform when they have time or are feeling motivated to learn.
- General Navigation - I tend to get lost in the tool and have a hard time locating features, so I assume they're not available.
- Limited Customization - There seem to be certain limitations that I can't seem to figure out the purpose of not fixing - not being able to customize timeframes within the 'Reports' is frustrating and in the Search Console Analytics, It would be great if you could filter the clicks/impressions/CTR/position and add in time frames to do comparisons between different periods. Also, some of the pre-set ranges don't always work out (like using four weeks over four weeks rather than month over month).
- Deepcrawl - This is not necessarily Conductor's fault as I think all automated crawling tools suffer from so many false positives and other issues, but Deepcrawl has always felt particularly off and hard to customize to generate meaningful reports.
- Backlink Data - You can add a Majestic assessment of sorts to Deepcrawl, but it doesn't give enough detail to do thorough backlink audits.
- Comparison Competitor Content - For certain reports, you're only able to generate comparative data between a limited number of competitors you've identified. You don't always know who your best competitors are to do research against and it would be helpful if this was more flexible. I could be completely wrong but the limit feels like an upselling tactic rather than something the company doesn't have the resources to open up.
- Large enterprises with limited resources that need a real partner to push initiatives forward and reinforce the value of SEO practices
- Detailed performance monitoring for individuals who understand their business priorities and what keywords reflect this
- General keyword research and competitor page analysis
- Anyone who is looking to switch from BrightEdge because their customer retention strategies are appalling
- Backlink analysis
- Monitoring/solving detailed technical issues
I know they have some sort of new feature that lets you make page edits with minimal effort. I don't think we can incorporate this into how we work but through the demos, it seems impressive.
- Keyword Rank Tracking.
- Keyword Research/Suggestions.
- Technical website SEO.
- Backlinks: Checking and recommendations/suggestions.
- Basic audit tools (spelling/broken links/etc.
- Being more than an aggregator of data from other sources like search console, SEMRush.
- Make the interface more user friendly. So many places to navigate to, would be helpful if there was a main dashboard to use as a "homebase"/ starting point.
- Ability to use DeepCrawl to see if there are any glaring issues with the technical foundation of your site.
- Ability to create dashboards for different target keyword categories to determine SEO effectiveness from new pieces of content.
- Online training program that goes through the basics of SEO, but also gives a good reference in case you forget where certain tools are.
- There are some international domains that aren't trackable yet, but they're slowly adding them.
- Navigation menu may get a little confusing, but you'll get used to it over time.
- Some dashboards aren't as user friendly as you'd like.
- Keyword Analysis helps me plan for articles I am writing, and assists me in putting briefs together if someone else is writing the content.
- Content Performance helps me track how the content is ranking, and if editorial changes we make are helping or hurting.
- You must have fairly significant SEO knowledge to use many of Conductor's tools.
- Professional services teams that are on top of their tech skills and can apply that to help us problem solve technical and strategic problems. For example, URL inventories and SEO evaluations per page for large and cumbersome websites.
- Conductor lets me understand how my products and services compare to competitors (some I know and some that aren't even on my radar) so I can make decisions about to make sure my content shows up where I think it should.
- Conversely, it also shows me where my content shows up that I didn't expect or plan for. Sometimes this a great learning for business users that drives new content or concepts to build on success.
- While monitoring the health of my website is not a key function of the platform, it does give me just enough clues (like broken links or poor page performance) to ask questions about development etc.
- Conductor has been excellent partners in training a wide range of business users and providing proof of strategic value of the platform's performance and impact.
- I need backlinks. Please consider integrating an industry leading tool like Majestic directly into your platform.
- I love the newsletters we used to get...I don't know what happened to those, but please bring them back or something else that includes that content in an easy to consume format with the same fun flair.
- An extensive platform that allows us to track performance in all the 38 countries we operate in
- Their customer support team is awesome and is doing a great job of providing training, competitors' insights, and suggestions on how to improve our performance.
- Conductor is very open to suggestions. When Google for Jobs came out, they built in functionality so we're able to see if we came up in the Job Feature snippet.
- Would have liked to see better integration with paid search. So far my paid search colleagues are hardly looking into the tool, indicating that it's not that relevant for them.
- Consistently accurate results.
- Accurately report on things that people actually see (local/mobile results).
- Standardize rank reporting.
- Paid search integration with Google Ads needs to incorporate more actionable results.
- Some odd specifics dealing with Google local pack and paid results in the local pack.
- Google Analytics is best for reality-checking the total organic clicks received from searches including and outside the ones we monitor. This also helps to determine other key areas we need to expand on.
- Deep Crawl helps analyze the site as a whole to aid in finding key areas to fix from a technical SEO standpoint.
- Google Search Console provides impression data that is far more accurate than what's used in Google Ads.
- Youtube provides insights into how well your video content does.
The platform helps us address many business objectives such as:
- How well do we rank for branded and non-branded keywords.
- How well does the competition rank for our keywords.
- Identify on-page optimizations we can make to our website to better our rank on Google SERPs.
- Help identify new or related keywords we should work toward ranking for.
- Understanding what type of content we should create to fulfill the needs of current and future customers.
- It's a very easy to use platform.
- Great way to understand where you rank as an organization as well as your direct competition.
- The ability to identify content gaps and opportunities to create content customers care about.
- The only place I felt Conductor could help more on is much less about their platform and more around providing resources to help actually implement the changes for us on our websites.
- Powerful, robust, easy to use platform.
- Easily understand how your organization is performing from an organic search perspective.
- Easily understand how your direct competition is performing from an organic search perspective.
- Finding new content ideas to help drive more traffic to your website.
- Identify and fix technical SEO opportunities to help increase organic traffic to your website.
It is currently "owned" by the Marketing department, but we are looking to expand SEO knowledge to other departments so that they understand how it affects their business lines and scope. We are training them first on the SEO basics, and then eventually the platform.
This helps the managers in turn, educate our Agents and their clients on our strengths vs any competitor.
- Track overall ranking at a high-level that can be drilled down of your entire website.
- Great support team with regular calls.
- Strong tool to provide opportunities for content marketing.
- Competitive analysis in the SEO/SEM space.
- Always innovating and integrating with other tools.
- None at the moment. Maybe price? Something can always be cheaper!
- Would love a simple tool that helps me find every page on the site that displays a certain word or phrase.
A less-suited example is where they will track performance of SEM (paid search for keywords). Although that will eventually happen I'm sure.
Conductor Searchlight Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
What is Conductor Searchlight?
Conductor is designed to generate customer intent insights that lead to compelling content, increased traffic, and higher organic marketing ROI.
Conductor's technology enables marketers to understand their prospective customers' intent by revealing the trends and topics they are searching for at every phase of purchase process. Customizable dashboards and workflows guide marketers through the content creation process, empowering them to continuously measure, refine, and demonstrate the effectiveness of their SEO and content marketing efforts. Conductor's customers include global brands like Citibank, Slack, Salesforce, athenahealth, and Visa.
Conductor Searchlight Screenshots
Conductor Searchlight Video
Conductor Searchlight Downloadables
Conductor Searchlight Integrations
Conductor Searchlight Competitors
Conductor Searchlight Pricing
Starting Price: $1,995
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?Optional
Conductor Searchlight Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Conductor Searchlight Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS|