- Evaluating our content performance has been very simple with Conductor Searchlight. The time invested and the topics chosen are easy to justify with the ease of analyzing our content performance. We're nearly able to go on autopilot because the content performance data informs the relevant teams what to tweak, what original content to create, and what is resonating across the funnel path.
- Conductor Searchlight has absolutely improved our ability to measure our site's visibility. Our site has gained 35% incremental organic search visits overall, with strategic products and services pages earning nearly 100% incremental visits. In some cases, we've had dueling content with competitors and we're seeing an improvement (and a blowout) of gaining positions over our competitors.
- We discovered that over half of our audience used organic search to navigate to online account management. Conductor Searchlight helped us ensure our online account management page was optimized. More than that, Conductor Searchlight delivered insights for additional high engagement content for the online account page. We were able to expand the single account management into an entirely new section of content that crossed over into marketing and prospecting acquisition funnels.
- The competition module has aided in the website redesign of a product line that represents over 50% of our business. Viewing designs, messages, placement, and promotion of our competitors in Conductor Searchlight has helped organize insights and validate decisions for efficient navigation, marketing and service content placement, and other design-driven decisions.
- For good reason, the configuration of business goals, value, and other complex business insights is a long process ... but it's well worth it. We're just so anxious for the easy plug-and-play capability.
- Insights are weekly
- Need an incentive trigger for users to log in and use the tool
- Conductor makes it incredibly easy for a beginner with the tool. They provide short, easy to use training courses directly from the platform. Very few other tools provide their own training, saving the company money long-term, and saving everyone in the department time.
- Conductor makes it easy to identify what competitors are doing, what changes they are making, and track what they might do next.
- Domain explorer provides context for what keywords people are searching for and allows me to easily add these words to content for better exposure
- I can compare performance between multiple domains and find out which of our sites are performing well, what competitors are performing well and where they are lacking, and optimize content through search tracking.
- I can easily put together views using workspaces that are tailored to specific parts of our marketing department. So team members don't have to wade through data that is meaningless to their position.
- I would like to see a tab for the training courses in the main bar. This isn't easy to find at first.
- More filters based on areas of interest/profession would be helpful
- The ability to download information from workspaces into one report that includes graphs or export to powerpoint would be amazing.
Conductor Searchlight Review: "I focus on measurable results, and had awesome success with Conductor."
- Visibility Performance - Instead of just understanding your rankings for key terms understand how that changes over time. Google algorithms, changes in SERP behavior, competition, and other factors are all important to keep tabs on.
- Measuring Competition - While you don't want to drive efforts based on the competitive market, you want to stay abreast of changes.
- Services - This might be too advanced right now, but perhaps down the road. What if Conductor could consume a web site, determine the market, determine what strengths it could play on, and A/B split test some changes automatically and provide those results? A system that could determine actions, test them, and incrementally promote those improvements would be worth gold.
- Audience Intent Explorer: we can view topic suggestions in order to create better content.
- Recommendations: the platform suggests edits that can be made to existing articles for improved ranking.
- Reporting: I choose to have Content Ideas emailed to me each week. It is simple to set up.
- Social media: it would be interesting to see integration with facebook, instagram and twitter.
- Keywords: it would be nice to automatically track keywords on both mobile and desktop without having to double up on the amount of keywords that you are tracking/being charged for.
- Keyword tracking: tracking changes are only refreshed once a week.
- Searchlight makes it easy to create a Workspace where you easily access a dashboard you have previously set-up to take the time out of having to start fresh every time you want to look at a certain category or segment of the business. You can click on a previously saved workspace, and only see what you have set up. It will also show you performance trends over time.
- Searchlight makes the reporting process easy when it comes to being able to automatically set-up reports to be emailed to team members as frequently as you would like (weekly, monthly, etc.) This makes it easy and efficient to share out information across multiple teams when dealing with such a large organization.
- Conductor provides the Audience Intent Explorer part of the tool which really allows us to dive in and offers suggestions around what types of topics we should be having our copy writers pitch to create new content that will also rank well and align with our overall strategy. This way we can optimize all of our articles and landing pages around a certain keyword and then also monitor performance to track how well it is doing over time.
- The competitive analysis is also helpful when it comes to looking at what our competitors are doing and guiding us for areas where they may be performing really well and we should take a look.
- The ability to associate multiple keywords/URL's at once in a type of bulk upload feature.
- The audience intent explorer is an invaluable tool for finding related topics and other content ideas.
- The prebuilt reports and goals in the platform are spectacular for providing holistic view of the aggregate ratings of clients' keyword profile.
- Workspaces allow for an easy way to build dashboards to easily get insights from the data allowed through the platform.
- Customer support is absolutely incredible and helps within seconds of reaching out.
- The way to perform bulk updates is a bit clunky by having to download the entire set and make manual changes in Excel.
- Not enough functionality having to do with backlinks and unlinked mentions for brands.
- Features like daily rankings tracking and DeepCrawl are an additional cost rather than being part of the platform.
- Conductor's keyword explorer makes my life easier. It gives a thorough and deeply crawled research platform for my competitive keywords. There is no other reason for me to use another keyword explorer.
- Conductor's ranking data gives you an extensive, easy to understand overview of where all of your needed keywords are ranking. It also gives you the ability to see whether you rankings have increased or dropped as well as how many people are searching for that particular keyword.
- Conductor's competitive rankings research is one of my favorite tools. It allows me to see and to understand who are my competitors and how are they ranking compared to our site.
- Although Conductor does have access to backlinks through an add on company, they could really blow it out of the water if they had back link platform. It would be an all inclusive SEO machine.
- The competitive intelliscope and market share views are extraordinarily valuable in understanding your position relative to the competition, especially when you have a mix of F500's and startups operating across similar thought spaces.
- The ability to create customer management reports is also valuable, as it allows you to tailer to the information that management cares about now, without chasing an agency or individual to provide that data.
- The biggest challenge in getting Conductor approved internally is cost. There are a lot of point solutions that can be piecemealed together. Implementation of the recommendations will always remain a challenge if you elect not to use professional services. There are some features of the platform that come at an additional cost vs. being included, though overall this is a minor gripe.
- Easy-to-use user interface allows us to view crucial metrics at a glance.
- Conductor Searchlight provides the right combination of insight metrics (including visibility and performance) that we need to help our customers convert.
- Friendly support from the Conductor team.
- I'd like to see more insight into the product details page. There is currently a great deal of performance information for buying guides, and it's enough to help us form our product page content strategy, but it would be helpful if more PDP information existed.
- The tagging configuration and the ability to apply preferred URLs to keywords is essential to us. None of the main competitors to Conductor have functionality like this, and ensuring that the page we want to rank is the one showing up in SERPs is a huge benefit.
- The partnerships that Conductor has created are unparalleled by any other company in the industry. The ability to pull data from multiple (already utilized) tools makes it an extremely efficient, time-saving tool.
- A lot of the capabilities that the interface has are not available anywhere else (i.e. unlimited users, unlimited exports, useful site audits etc.). In addition to that functionality the team that we have worked with for on-boarding has been fantastic and extremely helpful.
- Due to the amount of keywords we need to track we have to spread them among multiple accounts, which makes reporting and dashboards a little more difficult. The team is helping us with that though.
- In some respects I think that the overall architecture of the interface could be tweaked to make it more intuitive. All the tools are great, but in some regards the naming conventions make it difficult to ascertain in advance exactly what type of data you will be given. This is especially true for users who aren't in the interface very often.
- There are some filter types that I would like to see developed by the team. Namely it would be nice to be able to filter based on preferred URL. Our content is so long tail and location based that we really need to know that the URL we are attempting to track is the one represented in the data.
- Allows you to compare keyword performance throughout time periods to see overall progression, or progression over a shorter period of time (helpful for newly launched initiatives to measure performance).
- Viewing the search results for keywords. Allows you to monitor where your client falls within the search results and view and analyze how the competition is leveraging the keyword in their site. This helps with next step strategies.
- Separates out answer box performance. This is something we've had many clients interested in so it is a clean way to report out on success in gaining these positions and we pair this with viewing the search results of a keyword.
- Updating performance more than weekly. This would be interesting for seeing quick impacts of an initiative or if you wanted real time keyword performance.
- Easy to use and intuitive interface
- Excellent and responsive customer service
- Deep dive features such as Competitive Intelliscope, Audience Intent Explorer
- Keyword updates every Sunday so if you’re looking for extremely current data on a time crunch, it may not work
- Competitor tracking - see where you are ranking compared to your business or SEO competitors
- Keyword Visibility - see week over week stats of how you are performing for tracked keywords
- Category comparison - create specific categories and track progress over weeks, months, etc
- An easier way to mass upload multiple keywords at once
- See full search performance, not just for keywords that are currently being tracked
- Ability to add more competitors to track/compare
- Competitive tracking
- Content optimization
- Opportunities / risk alerts
- Difficult for our scrappy team to keep pace with the speed and quantity of their recommendations
- Sometimes the dashboards are easy to get lost within, especially for SEO newbies
Conductor Searchlight Review: "A fantastic enterprise platform that has made significant improvements over the years"
- Keyword & category-based performance
- Investigating competitor site performance
- Automated weekly reporting
- Mapping content to custom audience types
- Would like to be able to export all ranking keywords for any website, as some competitor tools are able to do
- More frequent keyword ranking updates
- We're able to see our gaps in content creation for our specifically targeted user profiles.
- The program is very helpful in understanding where our keywords are in organic search and what we need to focus on.
- After going through a site relaunch earlier this year, Conductor Searchlight has been able to help us monitor the potential losses we had and where we needed to step up our game!
- Any program can always be made more efficient. We find it a bit cumbersome to search for specific keywords that we know are in the system.
- I'd personally also like to see a more high level report. Right now, getting so far into the weeds, its very easy to get lost. Trying to use the data to explain what is happening to C-Suite Executives, makes it a bit difficult.
- Using the keyword allocation to see how things are looking in mobile/desktop individually creates challenges when you're trying to track a lot of things, but it makes sense given the platform.
- The support team is the best. They are truly looking after their customers.
- Fairly easy-to-use platform once you are trained and familiar with features.
- Continuously improving the product and integrations/partnerships.
- Easier updates to individual keywords.
- Any person that works in SEO should know three things: where you're winning, where you have opportunities to rank better, and how your competitors rank. Conductor rolls up all of those aspects in a friendly user experience. It's especially helpful if you're in a time crunch and people want to know information quickly. Conductor knows these are things you need.
- Implementation of the Search Console has been beneficial. This helps us to see how our rankings, versus our page consoles, work together. This is one of the reasons why Conductor sets itself apart. It does help us to see the information in a pared down manner in order to help us see our opportunities.
- The diversification of Workspaces allows anyone to custom use the tool. Every business has a different goal and being able to identify the needs based on that goal helps you decide where you can find the opportunities to help you win. It only takes a few seconds to set one in.
- I would like to see more in the area of backlinks and find out where the backlinks are coming from. This helps us to be able to disavow if we need to and identify the bad "endorsements".
Conductor Searchlight: "Quickly build data-driven marketing campaigns & accurately track performance."
- continuous website performance reporting
- historical data capture (traffic/sessions/keyword rank)
- market competition analysis
- content discovery and content strategy
- keyword rank performance
- desktop vs. mobile market share/rank performance
- National and Local SEO campaigns
- True rank indicators for additional rank types (ie. answer boxes, carousel images, etc.)
- Very strong capabilities in keyword discovery for rank tracking and content strategy
- Efficient and extremely effective competitor analysis features
- Visually appealing UI to quickly interpret keyword rank performance
- Powerful engine that aggregates multiple data sources to inform and develop a comprehensive SEO/Content marketing strategy
- Poor quality when exporting workspace reports
- Hard to bridge http/https data to review page rank performance at the keyword level
- I want more control over the workspace formatting, the options are currently limited
- I wish there was a normalizing factor to counter the wide ranking fluctuations seen from raw search rank data. The wide fluctuations happen often and are uncontrollable. Would be awesome to use past historical performance to set an average/normalizing factor for the extreme outliers
- have a dedicated budget to SEO/content marketing
- have a large website with many pages to keep track off
- have a specific product/service in a competitive industry
- large websites with a lot of content
- small companies with small websites
- companies that do not generate new site content regularly
- companies in low-competition industries
"Conductor Searchlight - Great product for getting your foothold on overall SEO health and strategy"
- Visually illustrates overall position health for specific groups of keywords in a way that is easy to understand.
- Tracks average page positions for all keywords appearing for specific landing pages so you can know if a specific change helped or hurt your rankings.
- Tracks the market share and page positions of your top competitors so that you have a clear idea what the cause for your loss of page positions are and what pages you need to optimize.
- Platform is easy to use and understand.
- SEO recommendations focus only on metadata improvements and completely neglects other more important factors for SEO health, such as paid load speed, responsive pages, etc.
- Although data pulled from Google Search Console is saved in platform, it cannot easily be manipulated for further analysis beyond average page position, total impressions, total clicks, and CTR.
- CS does not report overall search impressions for keywords, which is another important factor to overall organic traffic. We have had several instances where we were losing traffic not because of declining page positions but because overall interest in certain keywords was declining, and I only discovered this on my own through Google Trends.
Conductor Searchlight Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Conductor Searchlight
Conductor Searchlight is designed to generate customer intent insights that lead to compelling content, increased traffic, and higher organic marketing ROI.
The vendor says their technology enables marketers to understand their prospective customers' intent by revealing the trends and topics they are searching for at every phase of purchase process. Customizable dashboards and workflows guide marketers through the content creation process, empowering them to continuously measure, refine, and demonstrate the effectiveness of their SEO and content marketing efforts. Conductor's customers include global brands like Citibank, Birchbox, JanSport, athenahealth, and agencies like iProspect and Acronym.
Conductor Searchlight Screenshots
Conductor Searchlight Video
Conductor Searchlight Downloadables
Conductor Searchlight Integrations
Conductor Searchlight Competitors
Conductor Searchlight Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Conductor Searchlight Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS|