Reviews (1-25 of 151)
- The customer support team is absolutely the best in market. There's no other SEO organization that cares for its customers like Conductor.
- Data is extremely easy to read. There's no confusing jargon to try and learn; relevant terms are kept clear, concise, and understandable. If you're not sure what something means, Conductor is great about teaching!
- The data provided is so robust, yet isn't just "fluff." A lot of companies throw in things that sound really cool, but don't ultimately help you move the needle. Conductor keeps things relevant and on-task, leaving the "filler" to others.
- Weekly or bi-weekly recurring calls with the account team would be nice. I'm sure this is probably possible, but we haven't pursued it as intentionally as we should, based on our current workload. They're always available when we have any questions or needs.
When you sign with Conductor, get ready: you've got some serious data coming your way! If you aren't going to leverage a lot of SEO data in your strategy, they're not for you. If you're ready to truly start creating SEO strategy that WINS, start the conversation now! You won't regret it!
It solves several of our business problems. However, it is primarily used to help optimize our 2,100 product catalog with new keywords to aid our organic search results.
- Customer Success - Every single interaction we have had with the customer success management team has felt seamless and productive.
- Product Features - There are almost too many to feature. Whatever your strategy and set of objectives may be. There bound to be something in Searchlight to help you meet your end goals.
- Ease of Use - The Searchlight interface is incredibly easy to pick up and use right away. The learning curve is not very steep and it caters to all SEO familiarity levels.
- Frankly, the only thing I can think of us is that our team is too small to take advantage of all the features within Searchlight.
Overall, this allows our organization to streamline our optimization efforts within one unified platform, which cuts down on inconsistencies, simplifies execution and reduces reliance on multiple technologies.
- The Explorer tool integrates with multiple keyword databases, so the results are more comprehensive and representative of the true search landscape. It also provides important insight into the environment that surrounds the keywords or topics you search for, such as the stage in the customer journey that keyword best fits or the level of competition within the SERP that you can expect to go against. These are valuable features when determining which keywords to optimize your content for.
- Knowing where you stand in relation to your competitors is important for understanding your path for growth, and the Market Share and Rank Comparison features within Conductor Searchlight allow you to determine the areas you dominate and areas of potential opportunity at a granular level.
- The reporting feature allows you to quickly and easily compile notable performance shifts and disseminate these shifts to your team, along with analysis and relevant context. Keeping the larger organization abreast of your efforts allows everyone to benefit from the optimizations you make, and Searchlight makes this process easy.
- I truly enjoy this platform. There was a learning curve when I first began using Searchlight, but the excellent and well-organized training sessions that Conductor provides alleviated the stress of mastering the technology.
- Conductor has a massive suite of features, and depending on the needs of your business, you may or may not need all of these features. Identify the key areas of support that you are looking for, and work with the sales team to customize a solution that works best for you.
- Their keyword rankings are very helpful in determining if our SEO campaign is working. Having tools that provide fresh content ideas is also helpful for writing blog articles.
- Their competitor tools help in identifying keywords or areas where our clients are being outranked. The Explorer feature allows you to find out which keywords competitor websites are ranking for. This is great for keyword research and to get an idea of industry specific jargon that may be overlooked in keyword research.
- The organic/paid search section optimizer is also great for gaining insights between organic and paid search.
- Their reporting is easy to use and provides high-level views as well as getting granular depending on who your audience is.
- Conductor offers weekly tracking for keyword rankings for entry level. They do offer daily tracking as well however it's an additional charge. Would be nice if you had the choice for either option without having to upgrade.
- I think additional SEO tools should be added to Searchlight to avoid having to use 3 other tools for example. Currently, for backlink audits or technical audits, I have to use other vendors. I would love to see the data in Searchlight
- Their platform is easy to use however the menu options change often and some features that I've leveraged on a daily basis have different functionality or are taken away altogether which can be frustrating.
- The onboarding process was very well organized. Within a month we finished the training for the core team members, had an SEO dashboard completed that covers all important reports that we needed, keyword selection was done, keyword groups and content groups were done. We started rocking and rolling now.
- After the onboarding process, we start engaging with the customer success manager to work on SEO operations. We had a few high priority projects/campaigns that required some assistance from the customer success manager. He was very patient and share many good ideas and tools that I could use to do the job. He even ran the extra mile to help me run some ad-hoc reports to get the data that I was looking for.
- The insight stream is very helpful to keep me alerted to the ups and downs of our SEO performance.
- The content performance annotation is instrumental for me and the web team to stay on track with the website changes and SEO performance.
- Most of the reports allow me to drill down to the details. That is extremely helpful for us to deep-dive into the data. It is like having all data at my fingertips.
- Conductor Searchlight has the live chat support that you do not see from other vendors. It is very helpful and very convenient. Whenever you run into question about using the tool help is just one click away.
- The insight stream has much good insight every day. It is hard to keep up with it. Currently getting a weekly digest only. I would like to be able to set up a daily email alert.
- Easy to navigate dashboard that turns complex data into digestable and actionable information.
- Automated and customizable workspaces that make annual reports a breeze.
- Being able to easily explore what content topics are trending or related to pieces you already developed.
- Our bi-weekly strategy calls are both fun and extremely helpful.
- World class customer service. I cannot explain how amazing this company is.
- Ability to filter out non feasible recommendations (adding a long tail keyword to your blog home page URL for example)
- Reports are incredibly easy to read
- Competitive analysis through Conductor is addicting!
- All Conductor employees I have interacted with have been extremely helpful and kind.
- Recommendations are not always helpful/accurate.
- There are so many features, it's hard to keep track of.
- Sometimes features are renamed and hard to find.
- Robust reporting that is easily customized
- Excellent competitor reporting that is a must-have
- Depth and breadth of information
- The on-boarding process is less than ideal. We were on-boarded in an off-schedule manner, meaning that we had certain meetings go out of order. I do NOT recommend this approach as it had our team confused and we lost valuable time
- Only use their managed services team if you have to. We did, as we were down an SEM specialist at the time, but we were rushed through the implementation, rushed to make decisions, and rushed to be off-boarded. The least positive experience with the team.
- While the depth and breadth of data is positive, it can also be a negative as it is overwhelming, especially as the team is first getting up and running.
- Everyone I've worked with at Conductor has been kind, friendly, and genuinely happy to help. They make sure you understand the tool and what it means without dumbing it down -- no matter the level you're at. I know that's not specific to Searchlight, but I have to shout out my team! AJ, Mike, and Derek especially.
- Searchlight itself is intuitive and easy to use -- the graphics are pleasant and get the point across, which can be hard when you're looking at a lot of data. Someone is always available to help if you don't understand something. I love that I can organize data into work spaces, which can be easily shared with higher-ups who need to digest information fast.
- Also not specific to Searchlight, but rather Conductor itself: I was recently invited to a session for "power users," where we were able to talk directly with product designers about what's coming down the pipeline, and I felt that our feedback was really listened to. Decision-makers wanted to hear what we need, and I believe they'll implement it.
- The only thing I could criticize is that SEO in general can be really hard for non-technical employees to grasp, and there's not much in the way of very very basic information -- Searchlight assumes you have some knowledge.
- I would also LOVE if Searchlight had premade, customizable templates for data (right now I get that from my team) built in.
- Prioritize Pages to Optimize
- Generate Reports
- Gain competitive insights
- I wish there was an easier way to monitor changes that are implemented with their out of the box solution. I know this is available as an add-on, but wish it was part of the regular package.
- Some suggestions are not always viable suggestions. This most related to Title Tag recommendations with product pages having multiple products listed.
Conductor Searchlight is our most vital tool for our company’s SEO efforts. Our team uses and implements finds from Searchlight heavily. It has been useful with streamlining our SEO initiates and helping with our content marketing strategy.
Overall, Conductor has allowed our company to gain significant market share over our competitors.
- User-friendly UI and powerful tool that has streamlined our SEO efforts
- Great reporting tool
- Helps us understand our market share on the SERPs
- Learning curve when first starting out using the platform
- Can't dig deep into backlink building
- Great customer service.
- The on-boarding and training for using the platform is awesome. They are with you every step of the way.
- They are always available for any question you might have.
- The menu options change, which can cause a little confusion until you learn where everything is again.
Plus it's just fun to scratch that data-itch!
- Customer service is A+.
- The data gather for us is top notch, including data for things we haven't thought to look at.
- The data visualizations can be very helpful, as are the data export options.
- The user interface can be a little clunky
- The timescale can be a little slow. Information seems to be gathered weekly, while a more up-to-the-minute data set could sometimes be useful.
- Nearly unlimited number of tags per keyword helps keep us organized when measuring visibility. This is essential for us to be able to check rankings by site section, client, topic or however you categorize your site.
- Excellent customer service. Our team is always there and ready to take a call or email any time. You never have to wait too long for a useful and detailed response.
- Unparalleled number of local servers providing local rankings for your keyword lists
- We have large number of long tail keyword counts and we still get results on a timely basis every week.
- Difficult to learn the tool. I would say Conductor has a lot of specific lingo in their navigation so it took longer than anticipated to get comfortable using the platform.
- There are some custom charts I'd like to be able to create in the platform, but it requires extra cost to create or for our data team to pull it from the API. Still, their API does give us access to create charts that we couldn't do on other platforms.
Conductor Searchlight Review: "Great insight tool for SEO that increased the potential of content optimization and monitoring."
- Finding out what your market share is in terms of SEO in your specific industry and country
- Weekly update and monitoring on how your terms are doing
- Showing you what link Google refers to when looking for market share terms
- Niche and dialect search terms for example in Belgium
- Full insight of why a company is doing better on certain terms in SEO than us, at the moment it is experimenting with content optimization and hoping it works.
- I would love to see a sort of pop up that tells me: ''Hey! these terms have a large volume but you just do not score high enough.''
- They have amazing service. I could not ask more from our account reps.
- I love how they've paired the platform with an agency. They've really taught us how to utilize the platform in order to make better informed decisions.
- Overall, the platform is a little pricey. But, if you have the room in your budget it's well worth it.
- There is definitely a learning curve with Searchlight. You have to be invested in taking the time to learn how to use it.
- Formats information in a digestible way.
- Provides tools to dig deep into data to find solutions to pressing issues. Along with this, providing tools to come up with new ideas and solutions.
- Prioritizes customer service. Their team is diligent, responsive and incredibly good at what they do.
- It is sometimes difficult to find the data you are looking for.
Conductor Searchlight Review: "Partnerships, Supportive team, and the best tool for Organic search!"
- Work with teams to find a solution that will work with your goals
- Help train personnel to use the tool and then play a supportive role afterward.
- Expand their partnerships to offer their clients a better understanding of the organic search traffic
- Greater access to other search engines beyond Google.
- Improve workspaces so that companies can connect data from outside sources to create a more customized report.
- Easy to read interface. Very navigable. Great dashboards and powerful data.
- Top level support for enterprise solutions.
- Data-points that cross reference for better insights.
- Customizable reports and task-assignment. Agile software development ensures that they update and improve the technology regularly.
- Would like to see a better integration with side by side examples of the ranking factors of identified competitors. Example - if we are tracking a keyword, I want to not only see the top 10 sites ranking for that word, but also a dashboard that shows me exactly how the competitor pages are optimized or lack of optimizations (blank H1s, what their Meta and TITLEs are, etc) in an easy to digest dashboard.
- Conductor Searchlight does a great job at providing insightful performance measures. The flexibility to view performance at a domain-level, page-level, category and keyword-level, and filter based on various KPIs, makes for a valuable tool.
- Searchlight offers a user-friendly interface and caters to both SEOs and non-SEOs, with many options for views and reports.
- The integration process and trainings are intuitive and the team support exceeds expectations.
- Conductor Searchlight can improve by setting more default options, to prevent the need to adjust filters and views.
1. Analyze content and performance
2. identify technical issues that could be causing lower SEO scores
We use it throughout our entire Digital marketing department to monitor our current organic performance. When we create a new landing page we utilize the tool to make sure that we go after the most relevant (and performing) search term possible. Finally, we utilize the tool as well as the managed services option to show us when we may have a technical issue on site that we wouldn't have seen otherwise.
- Measure performance: Conductor has created an outstanding tool that allows you to quantify your SEO changes and show you how your page and changes have done historically.
- Analyze content: Conductor's tools help you understand what search terms you will want to build content around and will help you understand any "low hanging fruit" your brand can take advantage of to hit some page 1 rankings.
- Managed Services: We utilize managed services to point out any technical issues we are currently facing on the site but we also use our representative to identify any missed opportunities we might be able to leverage.
- Integration takes some time but it is well worth it!
- Not having managed services could make the first year of use a little rough as it is up to the client to get the most out of the system.
- Keyword tracking - a huge asset for an Search Marketing Team.
- Workspaces - the reporting functionality is robust and allows us to be as high-level or granular as need be for the respective audiences.
- DeepCrawl - the website crawler functionality is an excellent tool that provides technical insights on the website.
- Weekly tracking - we'd love to see more real-time information.
- Provide easy to understand graphs and visuals to help interpret the data.
- Present ranking data for keywords as well as specific page performance.
- Conductor provides a research tool to help identify opportunities for new content.
- Data is refreshed once a week. A daily refresh would be nice.
- Keyword Performance tracking
- Content Recommendations
- Data is currently presented on a weekly basis/comparison. Hopefully they would let users create reports for daily and monthly comparisons.
- Evaluating our content performance has been very simple with Conductor Searchlight. The time invested and the topics chosen are easy to justify with the ease of analyzing our content performance. We're nearly able to go on autopilot because the content performance data informs the relevant teams what to tweak, what original content to create, and what is resonating across the funnel path.
- Conductor Searchlight has absolutely improved our ability to measure our site's visibility. Our site has gained 35% incremental organic search visits overall, with strategic products and services pages earning nearly 100% incremental visits. In some cases, we've had dueling content with competitors and we're seeing an improvement (and a blowout) of gaining positions over our competitors.
- We discovered that over half of our audience used organic search to navigate to online account management. Conductor Searchlight helped us ensure our online account management page was optimized. More than that, Conductor Searchlight delivered insights for additional high engagement content for the online account page. We were able to expand the single account management into an entirely new section of content that crossed over into marketing and prospecting acquisition funnels.
- The competition module has aided in the website redesign of a product line that represents over 50% of our business. Viewing designs, messages, placement, and promotion of our competitors in Conductor Searchlight has helped organize insights and validate decisions for efficient navigation, marketing and service content placement, and other design-driven decisions.
- For good reason, the configuration of business goals, value, and other complex business insights is a long process ... but it's well worth it. We're just so anxious for the easy plug-and-play capability.
- Insights are weekly
- Need an incentive trigger for users to log in and use the tool
Conductor Searchlight Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Conductor Searchlight
Conductor Searchlight is designed to generate customer intent insights that lead to compelling content, increased traffic, and higher organic marketing ROI.
The vendor says their technology enables marketers to understand their prospective customers' intent by revealing the trends and topics they are searching for at every phase of purchase process. Customizable dashboards and workflows guide marketers through the content creation process, empowering them to continuously measure, refine, and demonstrate the effectiveness of their SEO and content marketing efforts. Conductor's customers include global brands like Citibank, Birchbox, JanSport, athenahealth, and agencies like iProspect and Acronym.
Conductor Searchlight Screenshots
Conductor Searchlight Video
Conductor Searchlight Downloadables
Conductor Searchlight Integrations
Conductor Searchlight Competitors
Conductor Searchlight Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Conductor Searchlight Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS|