Reviews (1-25 of 181)
We also had a need to identify gaps and holes in our online content strategy. Conductor Searchlight not only shows us what our competitors are doing to win at SEO, but it also gives recommendations on how to take action on the opportunities that are within striking distance. We did not have the budget to hire a team of people to do what Conductor Searchlight can do for a fraction of the cost.
- Recommendations, in my opinion, are the best thing about Conductor Searchlight. The recommendations dashboard gives my team ideas for quick wins with SEO, which saves me time from having to manually mine data to determine in on my own.
- Competitor analysis is essential to how we use Conductor Searchlight. Being able to identify what our competitors are ranking for specific search terms in specific regions is crucial to making good SEO decisions.
- The explorer tool is great for planning new content ideas. The data that it provides saves so much time when determining what keywords to target for new content.
- Set up time is a bit long, but the great thing is you know that the Conductor team is working hard to get it set up right the first time around. Measure twice, cut once.
- The platform is very robust and can be overwhelming for non-tech savvy people. Although the platform is user-friendly and designed well, the learning curve is quite steep.
- Training was quick and to the point. I wish it has been a little longer and more in-depth.
- Support and Services: if you have different teams - it's hard for you to manage everyone's needs at once. Conductor does their bit in giving your teams and publishers support.
- Data integration: it's the best experience ever. Quick, precise, and also adding value.
- Cutting edge tools: content brief, content mapping, market share analysis, and the AMAZING explorer research tool, which is the BEST on the market today to research your topics and content!
- Slightly better keyword segmentation.
- Excellent search/keyword data.
- Ease of use/accessible to non-technical team members.
- Would be great to be able to better integrate data into other martech/CDP ecosystems.
- Should be able to easily toggle between daily, monthly, annual, etc. keyword/topic tracking timeframes.
- Identify new opportunities
- Competition analysis
- Measure the success
- Their support team is the best! Always online to answer questions and guide us in the right direction.
- The Explorer tool - Very easy and intuitive tool to identify new opportunities, check on overall domain performance and how it does compare to competitions.
- Content Performance - The tool I like the most because it can analyze the organic traffic performance of a page, group of pages based on tour own custom settings. This helps me to understand where I need to focus and how to prioritize my SEO work.
- Daily updated for tracked keywords - This is the only area I think they need to improve. With many Google updates, website changes happening every day I need to see the impact the next day if not right away.
- Tracking HTML changes and the impact on ranking.
- DeepCrawl integration provides a very detailed analysis of the technical aspects of our SEO efforts.
- The support that Conductor provides is some of the best I have encountered. They make themselves very accessible for questions and support.
- Navigating through the different areas can be a bit cumbersome.
- The platform is pricey but in line with competitors.
- Content and Keyword Performance facilities - great for tracking content performance and identifying opportunities for new content
- Explorer - great tool for keyword research and competitive analysis
- Support Teams - always there, helping the customers
- Accessibility analysis and recommendations will be a great facility to have
- Reports are better than others we have tried.
- Amazing keyword finder that helps a ton.
- You can also see the difference in organic and paid search with ease.
- To many website changes.
- Some features can cost additionally.
- Keyword research, tracking, and monitoring.
- In-depth content performance insights with the ability to make custom content segments to measure groups of product pages, blog pages etc.
- Both high-level and granular level of monitoring and insights.
- Easy reporting allows marketers to share the most appropriate story with the right stakeholders easily.
- Auto-generated insights remove a lot of manual data crunching and fast-tracks results, keeping marketers on their toes!
- Conductor Searchlight is led by a group of talented, down-to-earth, super-helpful and just awesome individuals. Their service is unparalleled in the industry and their product is right there with it.
- YouTube channel integration for insights on which videos are performing well in organic
- Constant innovation & amazing events!
- Would like to be able to expand URL column in performance tables.
- Sometimes the " __" search command doesn't work.
- Competition Research: an easy look at the market share of competitors
- Keyword Research: robust keyword reporting tools with segmentation available
- Actionable Insights: insights into ways to optimize on-page SEO
- Chart Labels: some charts don't have easy-to-find labels which can make interpreting the data difficult.
- Content creation and keyword research.
- Tracking content performance and recommendations.
- Reporting of SEO efforts and rankings.
- Can be complex when navigating from feature to feature.
- May take time for new SEOs to be familiar with what feature does what.
- Provides data in an easy and digestible way.
- Provides graphs and charts to support data.
- Provides the ability to create custom workspaces.
- There is a lot of (useful data) but it can be overwhelming to narrow down.
- Keyword ranking - getting stats weekly on what keywords we are ranking for on 1st page and what the rank changes are is very useful insights that I don't even have to go look for. Wonderful that they are just delivered to my inbox.
- Content Improvement Suggestions - this is great for when you know you want to keep improving but need some thought starters on where to start.
- Account Success team is very hands on and informative. Having this hands on help that's essentially an extension of our team has been very helpful in getting us adjusted to the platform and helping guide us to sections of the platform we could be utilizing more. They also come up with great suggestions.
- I love the platform , but there is a lot happening on each page that sometimes causes you to take moment to find what you are looking for.
It would be less appropriate for a team that does not have have the bandwidth to be in the platform and utilize it. That is where I would suggest managed services.
- Customer Service. By far what they offer is the best. I have access to a team and their calendars. So when I need to set up a meeting I know when they are available. They are easy to talk to and help me work through any problem I might be having.
- Reports. I've seen reports by some of their competitors and quite honestly wasn't sure what I was looking at. But Conductors reports can be streamlined to fit several different audiences and I can email them out (automatically) whenever I want to whomever I want, whether they are a Searchlight user or not.
- Competitive Analysis. I've not done a lot of comparison with other vendors, but I like the convenient, straightforward way Conductor Searchlight shows your competitors and how they are ranking in comparison to you. You have control over your competitors and can change them when needed.
- Site Analysis. Conductor Searchlight uses DeepCrawl for its site analysis. While this is a powerful tool that helps me know everything wrong with my website like - no titles, short descriptions, no Alt tags, etc - the amount of information can be overwhelming. Initially, I had thousands of errors I was trying to fix using DeepCrawl - it was difficult to know what I had corrected and what still needed to be corrected without doing another crawl. It would be helpful if there was a way to check off things that had been fixed as I was working through the list.
- Conductor does a great job training. First, they introduced me to Searchlight and walked me through everything, and helped me create workspaces and set up reports. Then we moved on to the site analysis with DeepCrawl. Because I had so much work to do from the site analysis it was a while before I got back into Searchlight. I had forgotten much of the training by that point. But the team is helping me get back into the flow of things again. They are great like that!
- Keyword word analysis: The keyword tools enable us to identify topics that our audience is actually searching for.
- On-page auditing: We can quickly identify technical issues.
- Professional services: We particularly enjoy working with Conductor's professional services team to form the basis of our SEO strategy.
- ROI takes approximately 9-12 months.
- My favorite part of Searchlight is the reporting features. I can't speak highly enough of the reporting. Before Searchlight, we didn't have much visibility into how our efforts were affecting our site traffic and rankings, but now, showing the leadership team that the marketing team is doing a good job is easy! I just forward our executive team the weekly reports and they seem to love it too!
- The account management team has been beyond helpful throughout the entire engagement. They have been responsive to all of our needs and questions even after our account was set up. Their expertise is beyond valuable and they help us think creatively on ways to use the platform we aren't currently using.
- One of the best parts of Conductor is the ease of use for users of all experience levels. We have beginners and experts using the platform alike and it seems to be a great fit for everyone.
- Conductor's Explorer feature makes it easy for us to develop new content. Before we were manually searching for topics to write about, now it's easier than ever.
- We track backlinks every week for our executive team, Conductor doesn't have an easy way right now to find this information. However, our account management team has been fantastic and has been providing this information for us every week.
- Getting set up in Conductor is time consuming and takes some effort internally, but is primarily done by the Conductor team. It may be worth having longer strategy sessions with the teams for a shorter implementation time.
- Market Share only shows your market share within your tracked keywords. I think it would be beneficial to see how we rank against our competitors on keywords we're not tracking. This may expose some keywords we're not tracking that we should be tracking.
- The platform is so easy to use and understand
- The support is incredible -- I can reach out to any team member and get a clear answer to my question; our regular calls are also really helpful
- Conductor takes feedback VERY well; I remember seeing some things in development now that came from the NorthEast User Group
- This is wildly specific, but I'd love some automatic custom reporting
- Within the workspaces too, I'd like a cleaner integration with Google Docs/Sheets
- The Managed Services team provide amazing communication and show that they are just as invested in your success. Their insights help tailor how to use the site and best develop your site.
- The Searchlight program is easy to use and the training program to help you get integrated is great and works around your schedule.
- Competitor insights allow you to create a strategy that is best tailored to tackle industry issues.
- There are discrepancies in MSV between different sites. Currently unclear if this is an aggregate score or gotten through a different method than Ahrefs and Moz. While this isn't a crippling issue, we supplement our decisions based on other sources.
- It would be nice if we would specify the columns we download on the keyword bulk updater and add MSV and rank changes to the columns. Again, a very minor issue.
- The Content Performance tool allows me to view what effect my content is having on my site and what pages are being viewed, clicked on and interacted with the most.
- DeepCrawl allows me to view my site as an engine would and points any issues that I need to address immediately on a monthly basis
- The Managed Services team is spot on in helping me see other issues that I may have missed in my study and is always willing to provide some help in other aspects of job.
- I feel that the paid & organic optimizer section needs some work to help with the research, needs to be a bit more functional I believe.
- If there is a backlink tool, I have not seen it. It is something I would definitely like to use.
- A social SEO optimizer would also be of some great help.
- The Explorer feature is a great resource for me to use whenever I am creating new content. Conductor allows me to go in and search keywords to see if the content I would like to create is popular among searches and tells me if this is something we should be focusing on or not.
- The Content Performance tool is a great resource for me to use whenever I am managing and creating new content. We always want to make sure that we are creating new and exciting content that is performing well on our site among customers, and the Content Performance tool lets me see which pieces are doing well and which pieces are not. This tool also shows me the organic performance of our content over time and allows me to track that as well.
- The Keyword Performance tool is also a great resource to use whenever I am looking to create new content. The "Striking Distance" and "Dropped Off First Page" features are great resources for me to use to see which content I need to focus on to gain traction for different keywords.
- I think the content map feature has a lot of room for growth. The content mapping feature is a great feature but I think there should be an easier way to edit the content within the map once it is already created and segmented. It would be nice to be able to drag and drop pieces of content into different stages of the buyers journey within the map.
Conductor Searchlight Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Conductor Searchlight
Conductor Searchlight is designed to generate customer intent insights that lead to compelling content, increased traffic, and higher organic marketing ROI.
Conductor's technology enables marketers to understand their prospective customers' intent by revealing the trends and topics they are searching for at every phase of purchase process. Customizable dashboards and workflows guide marketers through the content creation process, empowering them to continuously measure, refine, and demonstrate the effectiveness of their SEO and content marketing efforts. Conductor's customers include global brands like Citibank, Slack, Salesforce, athenahealth, and Visa.
Conductor Searchlight Screenshots
Conductor Searchlight Video
Conductor Searchlight Downloadables
Conductor Searchlight Integrations
Conductor Searchlight Competitors
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?Optional
Conductor Searchlight Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Conductor Searchlight Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS|