Reviews (1-25 of 189)
we’re winning and how our pages/content is stacking up against others in those
search categories. It’s also allowed us to see exactly where we need to improve
and spend those man-hours to make the greatest impact on reaching our
- The "Research" section of the platform is where I spend the bulk of my time because it allows me to pull keywords and look at them in a variety of ways they are being used in search terms. Once I have a broader picture of how users are searching for a particular product or trend, I can then write my content in a more targeted way that will hopefully create a stronger organic pull to those pages.
- The "Report" section is fantastic because it allows our internal team or our Conductor account team to pull together information that we need quickly. It's also done in a way that makes things easier to understand for people who are not familiar with the platform when these reports are discussed.
- In what I use Searchlight for there's not really a lot of cons.
- Our wider team would like to see more integrations for the platform to increase their ease of use.
- Insights Stream provides clear, actionable information.
- Workspaces give you what you need, when you need it. Save your reports!
- Check in on the competition and compare your performance.
- We had some account team changes in our first year, but they communicated clearly throughout each change and we've ultimately landed with an account manager that we LOVE!
- If you don't come from an SEO background, it's easy to get lost in the beginning. Don't be afraid to lean on Searchlight to get you back on track. They're always willing to help!
- Generates customer intent insights that lead to compelling content
- Generates increasing traffic
- Higher organic marketing ROI
- Easy to use
- Provides demographic info
- Keyword research - trended search volume, journey stage, competition, related phrases and questions
- Support team - customized reports each month from their support team based on your requests looking at technical, keyword research, competitive insights, recommendations, etc.
- Reporting - Robust reporting features
- Content integration - More holistic picture of how content and SEO work together
- There's a learning curve to the system so takes a little bit to get proficient in using it
- Excellent search/keyword data.
- Ease of use/accessible to non-technical team members.
- Would be great to be able to better integrate data into other martech/CDP ecosystems.
- Should be able to easily toggle between daily, monthly, annual, etc. keyword/topic tracking timeframes.
- The ability to isolate answer boxes in the ranking analysis is excellent.
- The market share pie charts are a great way to get at-a-glance industry positioning.
- I appreciate the interface of the main rankings where you can click Top 5 and Did Not Rank, etc, toggling for each date range.
- It's easy to add or revise keyword lists without requesting help from the company.
- The "Activity Stream" homepage on each account has these widgets that were meant to be interesting insights, but I rarely found them useful.
- It is way too hard to use Conductor with an account that uses various markets (countries). You have to reload the whole interface for each country, which is very burdensome for some accounts with 15 or so countries -- reporting is almost impossible like this.
- I don't like that Conductor only uses Google data -- even though Bing/Yahoo and other engines are the vast majority, there are still trends to see there.
- I wish there was more focus on changes in search volume -- that would be nice to see any alerts about volume change.
We also had a need to identify gaps and holes in our online content strategy. Conductor Searchlight not only shows us what our competitors are doing to win at SEO, but it also gives recommendations on how to take action on the opportunities that are within striking distance. We did not have the budget to hire a team of people to do what Conductor Searchlight can do for a fraction of the cost.
- Recommendations, in my opinion, are the best thing about Conductor Searchlight. The recommendations dashboard gives my team ideas for quick wins with SEO, which saves me time from having to manually mine data to determine in on my own.
- Competitor analysis is essential to how we use Conductor Searchlight. Being able to identify what our competitors are ranking for specific search terms in specific regions is crucial to making good SEO decisions.
- The explorer tool is great for planning new content ideas. The data that it provides saves so much time when determining what keywords to target for new content.
- Set up time is a bit long, but the great thing is you know that the Conductor team is working hard to get it set up right the first time around. Measure twice, cut once.
- The platform is very robust and can be overwhelming for non-tech savvy people. Although the platform is user-friendly and designed well, the learning curve is quite steep.
- Training was quick and to the point. I wish it has been a little longer and more in-depth.
- Support and Services: if you have different teams - it's hard for you to manage everyone's needs at once. Conductor does their bit in giving your teams and publishers support.
- Data integration: it's the best experience ever. Quick, precise, and also adding value.
- Cutting edge tools: content brief, content mapping, market share analysis, and the AMAZING explorer research tool, which is the BEST on the market today to research your topics and content!
- Slightly better keyword segmentation.
- Identify new opportunities
- Competition analysis
- Measure the success
- Their support team is the best! Always online to answer questions and guide us in the right direction.
- The Explorer tool - Very easy and intuitive tool to identify new opportunities, check on overall domain performance and how it does compare to competitions.
- Content Performance - The tool I like the most because it can analyze the organic traffic performance of a page, group of pages based on tour own custom settings. This helps me to understand where I need to focus and how to prioritize my SEO work.
- Daily updated for tracked keywords - This is the only area I think they need to improve. With many Google updates, website changes happening every day I need to see the impact the next day if not right away.
- Tracking HTML changes and the impact on ranking.
- DeepCrawl integration provides a very detailed analysis of the technical aspects of our SEO efforts.
- The support that Conductor provides is some of the best I have encountered. They make themselves very accessible for questions and support.
- Navigating through the different areas can be a bit cumbersome.
- The platform is pricey but in line with competitors.
- Content and Keyword Performance facilities - great for tracking content performance and identifying opportunities for new content
- Explorer - great tool for keyword research and competitive analysis
- Support Teams - always there, helping the customers
- Accessibility analysis and recommendations will be a great facility to have
- Reports are better than others we have tried.
- Amazing keyword finder that helps a ton.
- You can also see the difference in organic and paid search with ease.
- To many website changes.
- Some features can cost additionally.
- Keyword research, tracking, and monitoring.
- In-depth content performance insights with the ability to make custom content segments to measure groups of product pages, blog pages etc.
- Both high-level and granular level of monitoring and insights.
- Easy reporting allows marketers to share the most appropriate story with the right stakeholders easily.
- Auto-generated insights remove a lot of manual data crunching and fast-tracks results, keeping marketers on their toes!
- Conductor Searchlight is led by a group of talented, down-to-earth, super-helpful and just awesome individuals. Their service is unparalleled in the industry and their product is right there with it.
- YouTube channel integration for insights on which videos are performing well in organic
- Constant innovation & amazing events!
- Would like to be able to expand URL column in performance tables.
- Sometimes the " __" search command doesn't work.
- Competition Research: an easy look at the market share of competitors
- Keyword Research: robust keyword reporting tools with segmentation available
- Actionable Insights: insights into ways to optimize on-page SEO
- Chart Labels: some charts don't have easy-to-find labels which can make interpreting the data difficult.
- Content creation and keyword research.
- Tracking content performance and recommendations.
- Reporting of SEO efforts and rankings.
- Can be complex when navigating from feature to feature.
- May take time for new SEOs to be familiar with what feature does what.
- Provides data in an easy and digestible way.
- Provides graphs and charts to support data.
- Provides the ability to create custom workspaces.
- There is a lot of (useful data) but it can be overwhelming to narrow down.
Conductor Searchlight Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Conductor Searchlight
Conductor Searchlight is designed to generate customer intent insights that lead to compelling content, increased traffic, and higher organic marketing ROI.
Conductor's technology enables marketers to understand their prospective customers' intent by revealing the trends and topics they are searching for at every phase of purchase process. Customizable dashboards and workflows guide marketers through the content creation process, empowering them to continuously measure, refine, and demonstrate the effectiveness of their SEO and content marketing efforts. Conductor's customers include global brands like Citibank, Slack, Salesforce, athenahealth, and Visa.
Conductor Searchlight Screenshots
Conductor Searchlight Video
Conductor Searchlight Downloadables
Conductor Searchlight Integrations
Conductor Searchlight Competitors
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?Optional
Conductor Searchlight Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Conductor Searchlight Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS|