- Their keyword rankings are very helpful in determining if our SEO campaign is working. Having tools that provide fresh content ideas is also helpful for writing blog articles.
- Their competitor tools help in identifying keywords or areas where our clients are being outranked. The Explorer feature allows you to find out which keywords competitor websites are ranking for. This is great for keyword research and to get an idea of industry specific jargon that may be overlooked in keyword research.
- The organic/paid search section optimizer is also great for gaining insights between organic and paid search.
- Their reporting is easy to use and provides high-level views as well as getting granular depending on who your audience is.
- Conductor offers weekly tracking for keyword rankings for entry level. They do offer daily tracking as well however it's an additional charge. Would be nice if you had the choice for either option without having to upgrade.
- I think additional SEO tools should be added to Searchlight to avoid having to use 3 other tools for example. Currently, for backlink audits or technical audits, I have to use other vendors. I would love to see the data in Searchlight
- Their platform is easy to use however the menu options change often and some features that I've leveraged on a daily basis have different functionality or are taken away altogether which can be frustrating.
- Evaluating our content performance has been very simple with Conductor Searchlight. The time invested and the topics chosen are easy to justify with the ease of analyzing our content performance. We're nearly able to go on autopilot because the content performance data informs the relevant teams what to tweak, what original content to create, and what is resonating across the funnel path.
- Conductor Searchlight has absolutely improved our ability to measure our site's visibility. Our site has gained 35% incremental organic search visits overall, with strategic products and services pages earning nearly 100% incremental visits. In some cases, we've had dueling content with competitors and we're seeing an improvement (and a blowout) of gaining positions over our competitors.
- We discovered that over half of our audience used organic search to navigate to online account management. Conductor Searchlight helped us ensure our online account management page was optimized. More than that, Conductor Searchlight delivered insights for additional high engagement content for the online account page. We were able to expand the single account management into an entirely new section of content that crossed over into marketing and prospecting acquisition funnels.
- The competition module has aided in the website redesign of a product line that represents over 50% of our business. Viewing designs, messages, placement, and promotion of our competitors in Conductor Searchlight has helped organize insights and validate decisions for efficient navigation, marketing and service content placement, and other design-driven decisions.
- For good reason, the configuration of business goals, value, and other complex business insights is a long process ... but it's well worth it. We're just so anxious for the easy plug-and-play capability.
- Insights are weekly
- Need an incentive trigger for users to log in and use the tool
- Conductor makes it incredibly easy for a beginner with the tool. They provide short, easy to use training courses directly from the platform. Very few other tools provide their own training, saving the company money long-term, and saving everyone in the department time.
- Conductor makes it easy to identify what competitors are doing, what changes they are making, and track what they might do next.
- Domain explorer provides context for what keywords people are searching for and allows me to easily add these words to content for better exposure
- I can compare performance between multiple domains and find out which of our sites are performing well, what competitors are performing well and where they are lacking, and optimize content through search tracking.
- I can easily put together views using workspaces that are tailored to specific parts of our marketing department. So team members don't have to wade through data that is meaningless to their position.
- I would like to see a tab for the training courses in the main bar. This isn't easy to find at first.
- More filters based on areas of interest/profession would be helpful
- The ability to download information from workspaces into one report that includes graphs or export to powerpoint would be amazing.
- Great customer service.
- The on-boarding and training for using the platform is awesome. They are with you every step of the way.
- They are always available for any question you might have.
- The menu options change, which can cause a little confusion until you learn where everything is again.
Conductor Searchlight Review: "I focus on measurable results, and had awesome success with Conductor."
- Visibility Performance - Instead of just understanding your rankings for key terms understand how that changes over time. Google algorithms, changes in SERP behavior, competition, and other factors are all important to keep tabs on.
- Measuring Competition - While you don't want to drive efforts based on the competitive market, you want to stay abreast of changes.
- Services - This might be too advanced right now, but perhaps down the road. What if Conductor could consume a web site, determine the market, determine what strengths it could play on, and A/B split test some changes automatically and provide those results? A system that could determine actions, test them, and incrementally promote those improvements would be worth gold.
Plus it's just fun to scratch that data-itch!
- Customer service is A+.
- The data gather for us is top notch, including data for things we haven't thought to look at.
- The data visualizations can be very helpful, as are the data export options.
- The user interface can be a little clunky
- The timescale can be a little slow. Information seems to be gathered weekly, while a more up-to-the-minute data set could sometimes be useful.
- Nearly unlimited number of tags per keyword helps keep us organized when measuring visibility. This is essential for us to be able to check rankings by site section, client, topic or however you categorize your site.
- Excellent customer service. Our team is always there and ready to take a call or email any time. You never have to wait too long for a useful and detailed response.
- Unparalleled number of local servers providing local rankings for your keyword lists
- We have large number of long tail keyword counts and we still get results on a timely basis every week.
- Difficult to learn the tool. I would say Conductor has a lot of specific lingo in their navigation so it took longer than anticipated to get comfortable using the platform.
- There are some custom charts I'd like to be able to create in the platform, but it requires extra cost to create or for our data team to pull it from the API. Still, their API does give us access to create charts that we couldn't do on other platforms.
Conductor Searchlight Review: "Great insight tool for SEO that increased the potential of content optimization and monitoring."
- Finding out what your market share is in terms of SEO in your specific industry and country
- Weekly update and monitoring on how your terms are doing
- Showing you what link Google refers to when looking for market share terms
- Niche and dialect search terms for example in Belgium
- Full insight of why a company is doing better on certain terms in SEO than us, at the moment it is experimenting with content optimization and hoping it works.
- I would love to see a sort of pop up that tells me: ''Hey! these terms have a large volume but you just do not score high enough.''
- Audience Intent Explorer: we can view topic suggestions in order to create better content.
- Recommendations: the platform suggests edits that can be made to existing articles for improved ranking.
- Reporting: I choose to have Content Ideas emailed to me each week. It is simple to set up.
- Social media: it would be interesting to see integration with facebook, instagram and twitter.
- Keywords: it would be nice to automatically track keywords on both mobile and desktop without having to double up on the amount of keywords that you are tracking/being charged for.
- Keyword tracking: tracking changes are only refreshed once a week.
- Searchlight makes it easy to create a Workspace where you easily access a dashboard you have previously set-up to take the time out of having to start fresh every time you want to look at a certain category or segment of the business. You can click on a previously saved workspace, and only see what you have set up. It will also show you performance trends over time.
- Searchlight makes the reporting process easy when it comes to being able to automatically set-up reports to be emailed to team members as frequently as you would like (weekly, monthly, etc.) This makes it easy and efficient to share out information across multiple teams when dealing with such a large organization.
- Conductor provides the Audience Intent Explorer part of the tool which really allows us to dive in and offers suggestions around what types of topics we should be having our copy writers pitch to create new content that will also rank well and align with our overall strategy. This way we can optimize all of our articles and landing pages around a certain keyword and then also monitor performance to track how well it is doing over time.
- The competitive analysis is also helpful when it comes to looking at what our competitors are doing and guiding us for areas where they may be performing really well and we should take a look.
- The ability to associate multiple keywords/URL's at once in a type of bulk upload feature.
- Conductor's keyword explorer makes my life easier. It gives a thorough and deeply crawled research platform for my competitive keywords. There is no other reason for me to use another keyword explorer.
- Conductor's ranking data gives you an extensive, easy to understand overview of where all of your needed keywords are ranking. It also gives you the ability to see whether you rankings have increased or dropped as well as how many people are searching for that particular keyword.
- Conductor's competitive rankings research is one of my favorite tools. It allows me to see and to understand who are my competitors and how are they ranking compared to our site.
- Although Conductor does have access to backlinks through an add on company, they could really blow it out of the water if they had back link platform. It would be an all inclusive SEO machine.
- The competitive intelliscope and market share views are extraordinarily valuable in understanding your position relative to the competition, especially when you have a mix of F500's and startups operating across similar thought spaces.
- The ability to create customer management reports is also valuable, as it allows you to tailer to the information that management cares about now, without chasing an agency or individual to provide that data.
- The biggest challenge in getting Conductor approved internally is cost. There are a lot of point solutions that can be piecemealed together. Implementation of the recommendations will always remain a challenge if you elect not to use professional services. There are some features of the platform that come at an additional cost vs. being included, though overall this is a minor gripe.
- Formats information in a digestible way.
- Provides tools to dig deep into data to find solutions to pressing issues. Along with this, providing tools to come up with new ideas and solutions.
- Prioritizes customer service. Their team is diligent, responsive and incredibly good at what they do.
- It is sometimes difficult to find the data you are looking for.
- Conductor Searchlight does a great job at providing insightful performance measures. The flexibility to view performance at a domain-level, page-level, category and keyword-level, and filter based on various KPIs, makes for a valuable tool.
- Searchlight offers a user-friendly interface and caters to both SEOs and non-SEOs, with many options for views and reports.
- The integration process and trainings are intuitive and the team support exceeds expectations.
- Conductor Searchlight can improve by setting more default options, to prevent the need to adjust filters and views.
- Provide easy to understand graphs and visuals to help interpret the data.
- Present ranking data for keywords as well as specific page performance.
- Conductor provides a research tool to help identify opportunities for new content.
- Data is refreshed once a week. A daily refresh would be nice.
- Keyword Performance tracking
- Content Recommendations
- Data is currently presented on a weekly basis/comparison. Hopefully they would let users create reports for daily and monthly comparisons.
- Competitor tracking - see where you are ranking compared to your business or SEO competitors
- Keyword Visibility - see week over week stats of how you are performing for tracked keywords
- Category comparison - create specific categories and track progress over weeks, months, etc
- An easier way to mass upload multiple keywords at once
- See full search performance, not just for keywords that are currently being tracked
- Ability to add more competitors to track/compare
- Competitive tracking
- Content optimization
- Opportunities / risk alerts
- Difficult for our scrappy team to keep pace with the speed and quantity of their recommendations
- Sometimes the dashboards are easy to get lost within, especially for SEO newbies
- The support team is the best. They are truly looking after their customers.
- Fairly easy-to-use platform once you are trained and familiar with features.
- Continuously improving the product and integrations/partnerships.
- Easier updates to individual keywords.
- The audience intent explorer is an invaluable tool for finding related topics and other content ideas.
- The prebuilt reports and goals in the platform are spectacular for providing holistic view of the aggregate ratings of clients' keyword profile.
- Workspaces allow for an easy way to build dashboards to easily get insights from the data allowed through the platform.
- Customer support is absolutely incredible and helps within seconds of reaching out.
- The way to perform bulk updates is a bit clunky by having to download the entire set and make manual changes in Excel.
- Not enough functionality having to do with backlinks and unlinked mentions for brands.
- Features like daily rankings tracking and Deepcrawl are an additional cost rather than being part of the platform.
- Any person that works in SEO should know three things: where you're winning, where you have opportunities to rank better, and how your competitors rank. Conductor rolls up all of those aspects in a friendly user experience. It's especially helpful if you're in a time crunch and people want to know information quickly. Conductor knows these are things you need.
- Implementation of the Search Console has been beneficial. This helps us to see how our rankings, versus our page consoles, work together. This is one of the reasons why Conductor sets itself apart. It does help us to see the information in a pared down manner in order to help us see our opportunities.
- The diversification of Workspaces allows anyone to custom use the tool. Every business has a different goal and being able to identify the needs based on that goal helps you decide where you can find the opportunities to help you win. It only takes a few seconds to set one in.
- I would like to see more in the area of backlinks and find out where the backlinks are coming from. This helps us to be able to disavow if we need to and identify the bad "endorsements".
Conductor Searchlight Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Conductor Searchlight
Conductor Searchlight is designed to generate customer intent insights that lead to compelling content, increased traffic, and higher organic marketing ROI.
The vendor says their technology enables marketers to understand their prospective customers' intent by revealing the trends and topics they are searching for at every phase of purchase process. Customizable dashboards and workflows guide marketers through the content creation process, empowering them to continuously measure, refine, and demonstrate the effectiveness of their SEO and content marketing efforts. Conductor's customers include global brands like Citibank, Birchbox, JanSport, athenahealth, and agencies like iProspect and Acronym.
Conductor Searchlight Screenshots
Conductor Searchlight Video
Conductor Searchlight Downloadables
Conductor Searchlight Integrations
Conductor Searchlight Competitors
Conductor Searchlight Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Conductor Searchlight Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS|