Reviews (1-20 of 20)
- Easy to format newsletters.
- Easy to update contacts.
- Easy summaries of results.
- Slow to load.
- Could use some more variety for formatting.
- I do wish it came with a easy-to-add widget to get users added to mailing list on our website.
- Enterprise-level email marketing with multi-level account structure allowing for multiple users at different levels to send campaigns
- Easy-to-use WYSIWYG email template editors to create dynamic emails with enhanced personalization through merge-fields
- A large API index that connects to many different platforms and the ability to work with Emma support to create new connections to new platforms as needed
- Getting started with the platform really requires Emma support, which costs money. If you're an enterprise client, the setup costs can be steep.
- Automated work-flows aren't a simple to create as some platforms that focus heavily on that.
- The CMS aspect of the platform is a little weak and probably not a great fit for SAAS or B2B clients
- Templates are easy to use. This functionality makes it super simple to make newsletters that look professional.
- Managing the email lists is great. You can input email addresses easily.
- I love the Lightbox on our home page of our website that automatically funnels email signups into a new list.
- The categorization of email addresses is sometimes clumsy. I could potentially go in and recategorize, so that's not necessarily their issue, but it does have to be done individually as far as I can tell.
- I'm usually kind of confused by the rating of the email after its sent. We get mid-range results. I know that I could probably take a video course in order to figure out how to improve the emails to have a better rating.
- Sometimes our emails do go to Spam filters but not often.
- As a nonprofit organization, we need the ability to automate email series for new subscribers and donors to further educate them on our mission, thank them for their support, and keep them engaged. Emma’s automated email tools make this so easy to set up.
- We love how simple Emma makes creating e-blasts, as well as building and saving templates for future use.
- Emma’s resources are incredible. They’ve taken the time to compile brilliant guides on everything you could possibly wonder about email marketing.
- We have struggled with Salesforce integration and would love to see this ironed out.
- The mobile and desktop views differ greatly on some of our templates, making it challenging to craft a design that works across all platforms.
- While we love Emma’s simplicity, it would be nice to have more customization options at our fingertips.
- It's easy to add users. You can either upload an Excel spreadsheet or add them individually. Some platforms I've used in the past make it difficult to add and update users. Emma is the best I've used so far for this function.
- Adding content is very user friendly. It's basically click and go which means I can have our newsletter ready in no time.
- The up-to-date dashboard is a great overview of where your campaigns stand and also let you know where you rank in the larger community. It's nice to have a comparison to see how your campaign are doing.
- I'd like to be able to remove a user instead of just opting them out. This would be useful when people leave a company to keep our numbers in check and accurate.
- Education: I love the webinars and emails I get with tips and tricks on how to improve my emails.
- Support: All of my experiences have been very positive when contacting Emma with questions or issues I am having with an email.
- Reporting: I love the metrics that it shows and that you can save the results very easily to keep record.
- I wish there were more template options for more unique designs before having to go HTML.
- First and foremost Emma practices what they preach and sends awesome email marketing. They are also extremely personable and helpful and are always available to answer questions and offer strategic advice.
- The software is intuitive and easy to use.
- The software provides sophisticated options for those ready to go beyond basic email marketing.
- This is tiny, but the undo feature doesn't work in the editor which is pesky at times.
- I'd like to see styles (on the editor drop down) added when getting custom templates.
- I'd love to see the addition of conversations added to the software. Right now I manually add replies to emails to a custom field on the contact's record to keep track of that qualitative data.
- They help with ease of template planning for emails.
- They help us manage our email list.
- Their customer service is very sweet and helpful.
- We would love to be able to use our own fonts.
- Wish I could do it through an app on my phone!
- Great templates
- Easy to use
- Emma's functionality is somewhat different than other email platforms so it can take a little while to get use to and know how to set it up. I recommend reaching out to a customer service rep at Emma with any questions as they are super helpful.
This is the best white label option we've found. So if you are an agency looking to provide a white labeled email management system to your clients, I could not recommend Emma more highly. The pricing structure is based on total number of contacts rather than number of contacts for individual clients. So you do not pay based on the number of clients you have, it's just based on the number of total contacts for all clients together. Pricing is the most fair that I've found.
As a marketer, this tool is easy to use and straightforward. You should have no issues using the tool if you don't have crazy technical skills. Whether you're looking to send individual emails or set up workflows or both, this tool will help you do that.
- Their templates are easy to edit and manipulate, we have a lot of 'non-designers' that are mostly code-monkeys, and it makes their job easier when they have to proverbially wear multiple hats.
- Emma has the ability to test multiple subject lines – you can see where you get the most clicks. That makes our clients happy and targets our business.
- It's competitive with MailChimp – a program we've been running into issues with. It's nice that there's other software out there we can jump to.
- Their customer service leaves something to be desired. We ran into an issue with one of our campaigns, and we decided to reach out to support, but they didn't get back with us until 3 hours later! Time is money!!
- We don't like that their photo editing capabilities are limited, you can only choose small, medium or large photos with no way to resize to exact dimensions. Makes emails a bit of a pain
- The upgraded premium tools are buggy and leave something to be desired as well – it's a shame.
- Drip campaigns for email
- Great email builder and integration with Litmus
- Easy to read dashboard and metrics
- Too expensive for some clients
- Number of contacts included does not increase at each pricing tier.
- Automates the process and allows for a workflow that can bring a personality to your brand while still being efficient in its delivery.
- The analytics you receive after sending an email is unlike anything I've had before in my precious email marketing solutions.
- A/B testing has been a huge advantage for us when it comes to design and subject lines because we are understanding what our customers gravitate towards which has improved our open rates.
- When we have had some issues with our lists that we have imported, that support team's emails are always all jumbled and confusing. Not being able to just to call and talk it over is a huge disadvantage.
- When we have a new team member getting trained on Emma, we have to pay Emma again to do a training -- our past solutions allowed us a rep since we already pay for the service that was available for new team member training. Instead, we just do the training ourselves but often miss new updates since we don't have someone informing us of better ways of using the product.
- Often feel a bit left alone to figure out everything. The onboarding process was super extensive and awesome, but the person that did that process has now left our company and we wish we could do that again, but it would cost us more money even though we pay for the product.
- Extremely user friendly.
- Email templates can be customized, it's easy to adjust colors, fonts, margins, photo sizes, etc.
- Easy to segment lists and add or delete emails.
- Works best for text, so it's a little harder to incorporate lots of visual elements.
- Can't embed videos or gifs.
- No way to streamline importing new emails from our database.
- Emma's capabilities, services and integrations are the most thorough I have seen in this industry.
- Their Resources section is top-notch creatively and they are quite generous, probably the most generous thought leaders in the industry across the nation.
- Great pricing structure. Economical and helpful to my very small client base.
- Just a little bit with crashing. It's occurred twice in the last month.
- Variety of template options
- Easy to navigate website
- Platform that integrates emails and database management
- Slow and unresponsive customer service
- Repetitive technology issues with certain services on the site
- Lack of shortcuts between pages
Emma Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
What is Emma?
Visit https://www.youtube.com/user/emmaemail to watch Emma video.
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?No
Emma Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Emma Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|