Planview LeanKit Reviews

June 24, 2020
Daniel Schleusener | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

Originally, we had evaluated two other tools next to Planview LeanKit: Kanbantool and Kanbanflow. The latter was a close contestant for productive use, as it was also very customizable and a joy to work with and look at. It also had lower user fees and a mobile integration.

In the end, we picked Planview LeanKit because of several reasons:
Aesthetics: The look was much more clean and professional.
Reporting: It was obvious from the start that we could use Planview LeanKit as a tool for improvement.
API: We needed to integrate the Kanban into our central systems and Planview LeanKit API was (and still is) a way to do it.
Card Headers: This sounds like a simple thing, but the headers above the titles fit our work perfectly and looked perfect, which helped the decision.

Read Daniel Schleusener's full review
February 26, 2020
Scot Wolcott | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

Both VersionOne and Trello are good products. VersionOne is for the real hardcore Agile shops who want to track and report on everything related to the Agile process. Trello is a tool that works for Agile, but really is just a simple list making/tracking tool. Both tools serve their purpose. LeanKit falls somewhere in between and or exceeds both products in certain areas. LeanKit's biggest strength to me is the ability to create lanes within lanes and better represent the project process flow.
Read Scot Wolcott's full review
February 18, 2020
Heather Neisen | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

Nearly all the other tools I evaluated against are free, so that's one area where LeanKit is not as competitive. LeanKit does allow the experience to be much more customizable, though.
Read Heather Neisen's full review
February 18, 2020

Alternatives Considered

I think that LeanKit is very similar to Asana's Kanban feature and Trello, but is much less sleek looking than Asana. Asana's clean and sleek UI makes me enjoy project management much more than LeanKit. It might sound silly that the UI makes so much of a difference to me, but it really does. Trello is also sleeker than LeanKit, but I still prefer Asana because it has more customization options and a better interface.

We are actually going to look into switching to ClickUp because we wanted something with a better UI. ClickUp seems to have a great UI with a lot of customization options.
August 30, 2019
Nate Dillon | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

I use Trello a bit for personal use. It's much less powerful than LeanKit, but it's also a better design and simpler to use. ServiceNow has some kanban board stuff built-in, but I wasn't super impressed with it. JIRA seemed to be even more complex than LeanKit for the short amount of time my team used it. GitHub has a bit of kanban board stuff built in now, but I think it operates for each project individually, rather than one master board for all the projects. Using GitHub issues (without the kanban) was actually my favorite way of dealing with project tasks though.
Read Nate Dillon's full review
June 07, 2017
Melissa Perri | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

I have used Trello, which is not as robust for tracking and customizing workflows as
LeanKit is. It does not scale well to big teams. JIRA is the standard project management software but does not support Kanban well.
Read Melissa Perri's full review
February 08, 2016
Deron Austin | TrustRadius Reviewer

Alternatives Considered

While LeanKit was not designed for project and task management, we selected it because of its collaborative nature as a project and task management platform for our marketing team. It was also selected because our engineering and product management teams were using Leankit. We decided it would be easier for us to adopt their system than have them adopt a new one just for marketing projects.
Read Deron Austin's full review
August 06, 2018

Alternatives Considered

Leankit was already in use when I joined the organization.
June 23, 2017

Alternatives Considered

Our company uses LeanKit, Pivotal Tracker, and Trello. It all depends on what team you're on. There's even a team that just does KanBan on a whiteboard. In the end, I would tank LeanKit above Pivotal Tracker, but below Trello. The differences are relatively subtle between Trello and LeanKit. I just felt that Trello was more intuitive and the UI was more slick.
June 21, 2016

Alternatives Considered

Being from QA I prefer SpiraTest and QC for the fact my team can do all our work in one program and it is linked. But the tech department as a whole prefers Leankit as it is the tool of choice based on ease of use and overall performance.

What is Planview LeanKit?

Planview LeanKit is an enterprise Kanban tool for engineers. LeanKit helps organizations visualize work, optimize processes, and deliver value faster. Teams of all types - including software development, IT operations, DevOps, and their extended value streams - rely on LeanKit every day to apply Lean-Agile principles to their work.

Planview LeanKit Features

Has featureProcess and Work Visualization (Kanban boards)
Has featureCross-team Work Connections
Has featureLean Analytics & Advanced Reporting Capabilities
Has featureEnterprise Integrations

Planview LeanKit Competitors

Planview LeanKit Pricing

Teams$19per user, per month
Scaled Teams$29per user, per month
CustomContact Sales for Quoteper user, per month

All editions include unlimited boards. For more details on the different editions, please check out https://www.planview.com/products-solutions/products/leankit/leankit-pricing/

Planview LeanKit Support Options